Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Wilder and Spence think they have any say in fights against Joshua and Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They both are crackheads maybe?

Comment

They just playing the spoiled child game of digging their heels in and screaming "NO I WONT DO THAT UNTIL I GET EXACTLY WHAT I WANT"

As for the Spence v Canelo fight. WHY?

Comment

Get real. Canelo and Joshua are not Mayweather and Pacquiao. They are small time. They can't fight the Jacobs of the world and expect the world to pay attention. Canelo fought Jacobs recently and barely anyone outside of hardcore fans cared. They didn't talk about that fight on First Take or all the other sports talk shows like they would a Mayweather fight.

Now Wilder is delusional, but he does have some leverage. Canelo and Joshua aren't superstars outside of their home countries. They both need quality opponents to sell fights. DAZN realized this and vastly overpaid for 97G, because he's one of the few fighters out there that can get the casuals to pay attention to Canelo. Obviously both guys are the A side in negotiations but they can't afford to be so stubborn when it comes to negotiations

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Here is why-Canelo and AJ are tied to a DAZN, which makes its money on subscriptions sold. Wilder and Spence fights would sell more subscriptions than any opponent either of them could fight, which means the take AJ and Canelo would get above their guarantee will be significantly increased.

Wilder and Spence can't dictate to either Canelo or AJ, but they do have more leverage at the negotiating table than other potential opponents.

I think part of the problem is broke ass posters create threads where the post suggests millionaire fighters are in the same position as the broke ass poster and should think and act like them. That is a mistake.

Just like Manny with Floyd and GGG with Canelo, Wilder and Spence can make really good money while waiting for an offer they feel properly compensates them for their role in making the fight a huge seller.
          that's why they get higher guarantees than the other opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            that's why they get higher guarantees than the other opponents.
            That is also why they aren't going to take just the higher guarantee. I mean we've all been through this enough that we should all know the deal. Yet some posters keep expecting multi millionaires to think and act like they do while living check to check. Utterly absurd.

No one is denying AJ and Canelo are stars. But if stars SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than them (Floyd and ODH) were forced to pay more of a guarantee and a higher PPV cut to the opponents that helped them sell huge (Manny and Canelo, Floyd and Tito) how can anyone expect them this not to be the same for AJ and Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              That is also why they aren't going to take just the higher guarantee. I mean we've all been through this enough that we should all know the deal. Yet some posters keep expecting multi millionaires to think and act like they do while living check to check. Utterly absurd.

No one is denying AJ and Canelo are stars. But if stars SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than them (Floyd and ODH) were forced to pay more of a guarantee and a higher PPV cut to the opponents that helped them sell huge (Manny and Canelo, Floyd and Tito) how can anyone expect them this not to be the same for AJ and Canelo.
              I suppose there's some validity to that, but really Floyd's opponents got a much smaller piece of the pie than AJs and Canelo's usually do for example.

Floyd was paying opponents a couple of mil when he was making 50 or more.

AJ is paying Ruiz 5million for instance.

So i'd say there's a certain fairness in the way canelo and AJ do business as well.

Comment

Idk what you Lomachenko/Golovkin fans are laughing at. Those guys are delusional sissies also.

Comment

Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post
                  Al Haymon has these guys in some fantasy land. They’re so far detached from reality.

If Joshua says you get $50M that’s what you get.

If Canelo says you get $20M that’s what you get.

The way Wilder and Spence talk you would think they’re the ones that have millions of PPV buys to their names and sell out stadiums.

They’d rather demand the world instead of setting up their families for life. Meanwhile they continue to fight for purses that’ll take them about 10 fights to earn what they would against Joshua or Canelo.

A lot of PBC fighters are sick in the head. So far the only PBC fighter that is clear headed is Andy Ruiz. Dude didn’t let Al Haymon f**k him out of the opportunity of a lifetime.
                  I don't remember Spence saying a thing about the situation. Oscar called out Spence because he would rather Canelo have a safe fight against a welterweight champion than a dangerous third fight with GGG. If they want to drag Spence up to middleweight they need to pay him very well. Spence doesn't need to fight ten times to make 20 million bucks. How do you come up with such nonsense? He probably made over 10 million for fighting Mikey. Wilder just doesn't want to fight AJ period.

Comment

Al Haymon has these guys in some fantasy land. They’re so far detached from reality.

The way Wilder and Spence talk you would think they’re the ones that have millions of PPV buys to their names and sell out stadiums.

They’d rather demand the world instead of setting up their families for life. Meanwhile they continue to fight for purses that’ll take them about 10 fights to earn what they would against Joshua or Canelo.

A lot of PBC fighters are sick in the head. So far the only PBC fighter that is clear headed is Andy Ruiz. Dude didn’t let Al Haymon f**k him out of the opportunity of a lifetime.
                    So which alt are you?

Comment

With the Wilder Joshua fight I'm not really going to get into it because both sides are playing hard to get. They're both in the same division with world titles. The only reason that fight's not happening is because they want to "marinate" it even more. I really don't know who to believe when it comes to news about Joshua vs. Wilder.

Spence vs Canelo on the other hand is a different story. Like Spence said, "Never go with the first offer." It's true and it applies to Spence even more because he's not a middleweight, he's campaigning at welterweight. They're asking him to jump up 13 pounds for a fixed rate. Canelo Spence, if and when it happens will be massive, so why do it now? Why go with the first offer?

Comment

Working...
                      X