Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people acting like Mikey Garcia didn't blatantly duck Lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
    Unless your argument is that people shouldn't go down in rankings when they lose I don't see the point. Going down a rank or two in some people's p4p rankings ain't ****. Its not going to stop him from getting big money and big fights. Its not going to stop people from ranking him #1 at 140 if he decides to go down there which is where I believe he plans to go.

Yea and Lomachenko was about to fight at 135 for the second time when Garcia officially ran away. If Garcia really wanted Loma he could have stayed. He could have stayed at 135 because he and Loma were already cleaning out the division between them. But he chose to cash out instead. We'll never see that fight and its all because Mikey didn't want to do it.
    But you said it was a win-win when apparently his stock has dropped. So can it be a win-win? Was it a win-win when Rigo lost to Lomachenko? Is he on any P4P lists now? Was it a win-win for Brook when he broke his eye socket against GGG? I think it is time we stop using that when a fighter goes up since recent history has proven it is complete BS.

Lomachenko was about to fight his SECOND fight at LW.........against the winner of Beltran/Pedraza. He didn't fight Pedraza until December, a month after Spence/Garcia was announced, and at least two to three months after the talks for Spence/Garcia had started. Once again, the timeline isn't making sense here. Tell me at what point he would have ducked Lomachenko? He called for Spence before Lomachenko had made his LW debut...And he had signed to fight Spence before Lomachenko fought Pedraza.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Called him before or after Mikey was set to face Spence?

And when exactly would that have been considering Lomachenko was set to face the winner of Beltran/Pedraza in December and those two fought in August? By September, Spence/Garcia were already in talks of fighting and then the fight got officially announced in November.
      that was before Garcia Spence was announced,a while before even, but Garcia had his heart set on Spence to Roberts disappointment as he preferred Loma vs Mikey

Comment

because he didnt, everyone knows arum and them never mentioned it till after mikey moved up to 147 and stated that he possibly cant make 135 no more. Before all you heard was "FUCK MIKEY - ARUM and I DONT KNOW ABOUT FACING MIKEY MAYBE HE BEAT ME UP LIKE I BEAT UP RIGO - Loma" #BIGFATCS

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
          that was before Garcia Spence was announced,a while before even, but Garcia had his heart set on Spence to Roberts disappointment as he preferred Loma vs Mikey
          What was before Spence/Garcia got announced? Lomachenko was set to fight the winner of Beltran/Pedraza and that was known from like June or July when that fight got announced. Lomachenko at no point was going to fight Garcia in 2018 or even likely early 2019.

Comment

What was before Spence/Garcia got announced? Lomachenko was set to fight the winner of Beltran/Pedraza and that was known from like June or July when that fight got announced. Lomachenko at no point was going to fight Garcia in 2018 or even likely early 2019.
            this is the full truth just researched it for you

Bob Arum had another conversation recently with Robert Garcia regarding his younger brother boxing Vasiliy Lomachenko.
            The Hall-of-Fame promoter expressed to Mikey Garcia’s older brother/trainer that he wants to begin negotiations for that fascinating fight right after Lomachenko defeats Jose Pedraza in their lightweight title unification fight. Ukraine’s Lomachenko (11-1, 9 KOs), the WBA 135-pound champion, and Puerto Rico’s Pedraza (25-1, 12 KOs), the WBO champion, are scheduled to square off December 8 in The Theater at Madison Square Garden (ESPN).
            According to Arum, if Lomachenko wins it shouldn’t be difficult to make Lomachenko-Garcia because Lomachenko has expressed that’s the fight he wants right after facing Pedraza.

So right after Pedraza,Mikey could have fought another fighter at 135 then Loma,and then Spence,he's still at 147 so i don't see the problem

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
              this is the full truth just researched it for you

Bob Arum had another conversation recently with Robert Garcia regarding his younger brother boxing Vasiliy Lomachenko.
              The Hall-of-Fame promoter expressed to Mikey Garcia’s older brother/trainer that he wants to begin negotiations for that fascinating fight right after Lomachenko defeats Jose Pedraza in their lightweight title unification fight. Ukraine’s Lomachenko (11-1, 9 KOs), the WBA 135-pound champion, and Puerto Rico’s Pedraza (25-1, 12 KOs), the WBO champion, are scheduled to square off December 8 in The Theater at Madison Square Garden (ESPN).
              According to Arum, if Lomachenko wins it shouldn’t be difficult to make Lomachenko-Garcia because Lomachenko has expressed that’s the fight he wants right after facing Pedraza.

So right after Pedraza,Mikey could have fought another fighter at 135 then Loma,and then Spence,he's still at 147 so i don't see the problem
              Okay, so he wanted to do negotiations AFTER the Pedraza fight in December. Mikey had already signed the Spence fight a month prior and obviously was in talks with Spence much earlier than that. Once again, tell me where the ducking happened. Arum only started mentioned Mikey as a potential opponent once it became clear the Spence fight was on tap....I mean he started telling the media that fight's not going to happen blah blah blah. But Mikey was already contacting Haymon for the Spence fight right after the Easter fight.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
                I am pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that he'd be going to 140 and if so he'd be the default number 1 guy there.
                ... but no big money fights for him at 140...

Comment

Link doesn't work, bruh.

Comment

Originally posted by boogbx View Post
                    He didn’t duck anybody.

That Loma fight is still there and will always be, that’s why Miley took a calculated risk And career high payday.

Same as Brook when he faced Triple G. Brook got seriously injured which hurt his fight with Spence but Brook could’ve had either welter champ because he meant money and exposure to a popular UK market.

Mikey right now has his ego destroyed, which is why he ain’t making no noise about any fights or anything for that matter.

Mikey will fight Loma next if the price is right.
                    I dont think many people are interested in seeing that after watching how completely outclassed an non-competitive he was against spence.

Comment

Plenty of people picked Mikey over Spence, and the odds on the fight were just 4 to 1, so not like he was a crazy underdog or anything. Actually, it may have been closer to 3 to 1, I don't remember.

Mikey was talking about Spence after the Peterson fight in January, far before Lomachenko had made his LW debut. And when he did make his LW debut, it's not like Lomachenko didn't show any vulnerabilities. That was a even fight on the cards and Lomachenko had hit the deck. He looked far from a killer in that fight. And then shortly after, he already had a fight lined up in December against the winner of Pedraza/Beltran.

Sorry, but at no point was Mikey in their plans for 2018 or even early 2019. Mikey did what he had to do, and they did what they had to do. It is laughable to even say Mikey ducked Lomachenko when the possibility of the two to fight didn't really start until AFTER the Spence fight was signed.
                      Lomachenkos goal always has been and is become the undisputed champion.

Mikey was in Lomachenkos plans because Mikey owned the WBC super 135 belt. After Mikey beat Easter and owned two of the 4 major belts who do you honestly believe lomachenko would have wanted to face next? So my question is how is it even possible that you dont think Mikey was in his plans?

Keep in mind Lomachenko has been extremely consistent when he says he only wants to fight champions and if you dont have a belt he isnt interested. The answer is Mikey Garcia.

The problem though was and still is Mikey Garcia. Mikey is loyal but not signed to showtime. He doesnt like Bob Arum. Etc. He has not called once for this fight, while Bob and Lomachenko have.

Lomachenko doesnt care about boxing politics or money. Dude even joked about fighting Tank for free, which I 100% believe he would, and low key called out Lopez when he said he would hold him accountable for everything he has said, which I also beleive to be true. Since the no one has even heard a peep from Lopez.

One more thing. The only people who chose Mikey over Spence are people who have no boxing IQ or people who just have an agenda. A child could have called the result a mile away. It was even more laughable when Mikey said he is Spence but everything better. Better hand speed, footwork, timing. If you've ever seen both fight youd know he was full of **** which showed in the fight.

Also. Lomachenko was gonna get robbed because no one had that fight even at the score cards. I personally had it 6/3 at the time of stoppage so I dont see how it was remotely close. The biggest vulnerability lomachenko showed was you can catch him when he gets ****y. But we all knew that

Comment

Working...
                      X