Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people acting like Mikey Garcia didn't blatantly duck Lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it is a corporate duck. Out of Garcia's hands. Personally im getting the impression Haymon wants all these PBC fighter v DAZN or ESPN fighters on Showtime but is not willing to compete with the money that ESPN and DAZN are willing to pay for these fights. So rather than concede to these other networks he is just not going to allow those fights to happen. Lomachenko vs Garcia is one of those fights.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      Yes he did. He could have fought Lomachenko at 135 but he fought Spence instead. I'm telling you Garcia will never fight Lomachenko ever. Mikey don't want none!

Listen to yourself..Mikey fought a BIGGER, STRONGER & BETTER fighter than l0m0 but he ducked l0m0? You dudes gotta stop playing yourselves out.

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-if-...chenko--128171

Comment

I'm not sure I would call it a duck.

I do think it was entirely up to Mikey whether the fight happened or not though. It is no secret that he has bad blood with Arum, and never wants anything to do with him again. It might be that simple.

Comment

This was a ***** move by Garcia. He moved up to 147 even though his own fans wanted him to stay at 135 to fight Lomachenko. Then this fool saw Lomachenko call him out in his hometown and just a couple weeks later he gives up his belt and ducks again! When will people realize this dude wants no part of Loma.
          I'm definitely convinced now. I really can't be a fan of this dude. He seems like a prick in his interviews anyway. Never saw how he got a lot of fans. Well, if he does. Haha. F it. Loma should just unify which is higly likely and then call them all out until he finds a challenge. That's boxing these days.

Comment

This was a ***** move by Garcia. He moved up to 147 even though his own fans wanted him to stay at 135 to fight Lomachenko. Then this fool saw Lomachenko call him out in his hometown and just a couple weeks later he gives up his belt and ducks again! When will people realize this dude wants no part of Loma.
            Yup he instead fought a guy who’d beat them both at the same night

This fight is not even close to a serious discussion. Has anybody called anybody by phone?

Comment

How do we know Arum was really gonna make that fight? But can't call that a duck, it wasn't serious talks of that fight.

But i will say just cuz a guy goes and fight a bigger riskier fighter doesn't automatically mean u not ducking. (Amir Khan aint slick)

Comment

How could he duck Loma when he just won a shutout against Spence? Did you not see Mikey's hand gestures at the end of each round?

On a serious note he did swerve Loma. Was that his decision though or Al's? We will never know.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                  how did you come to that conclusion? mikey just fought at 135 last year. 147 is not his real weight, those arent real weight that he picked up. he can lose all that and still be good to go.
                  He was having a hard time making weight already
                  Now that he bulked up , it’s gonna be harder to get down their imo

Comment

Disagree. When you fight a real champ in a higher division, you're not ducking anyone in your own division. Let's see what happens in next 12 months.

Comment

lol

guy moved up two divisions to fight a guy that most feel might move up at least one more division from that maybe even two...

yet somehow he ducked a guy that only called him out after he went up two divisions knowing how hard it would be to go back to 135...also knowing its not likely that guy and his promoter will do business

LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X