No announcement yet.

RIP Boxing Fans, Missing Plane Found

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Boxing Fans, Missing Plane Found

Not a boxing post per say, but a bummer.

Not sure if anyone had been reading about the missing plane flying from Las Vegas to Monterrey, Mexico. Wreckage was found in the state of Coahuila.

There were 14 passengers, fan that had flown to Vegas to see the Canelo/Jacobs fight.

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - There were no survivors when private jet crashed between the U.S. city of Las Vegas and Monterrey in northern Mexico with at least 13 people on board, authorities said on Monday.

The wreckage of the plane was found via aerial surveillance in a remote mountainous zone in the northern municipality of Ocampo, the Coahuila government said in a statement.

A photograph published on local television network Milenio showed what it said were the burnt remnants of the plane, broken into pieces, spread over charred earth.

The Coahuila state government said in a statement the flight plan listed 13 people on board, though some media reported that there were 14 on the plane. It said no survivors were found.

A separate list published in several Mexican media listed an additional passenger not on the Coahuila list.

Mexican media reported that the passengers had been to a boxing match between Mexican boxer Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and U.S. fighter Daniel Jacobs in Las Vegas on Saturday.

The nationalities of the victims were not immediately clear. The surnames of the three crew and 10 passengers published by the Coahuila government were all Hispanic.

In a statement, Canada's Bombardier Inc identified the jet as a Challenger 601 and said the plane had gone missing about 150 nautical miles from the northern Mexican city of Monclova.

Expressing its condolences to the victims, the company said it had been in touch with Canada's transportation safety board and would work with the investigating authorities.

Mexican broadcaster Televisa reported the twin-engine jet lost contact on Sunday with air traffic controllers sometime after 5:20 p.m. local time (2220 GMT) as the pilot descended to avoid a storm.

Damn. RIP Well Off Boxing Fans In A Private Jet.

Comment

Can’t trust them Mexican pilots on cinco

Comment

What is the issue with all these planes crashing lately?

Comment

After having a good time in Sin City then just perishing like this? R. I.P

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
            What is the issue with all these planes crashing lately?
            Aircraft accidents usually happen in 3s.

Comment

Damn RIP.

I wonder if any of our high rolling boxingsceners were in there.

Our internet personas make so much money that you can imagine us flying private jets.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Damn RIP.

I wonder if any of our high rolling boxingsceners were in there.

Our internet personas make so much money that you can imagine us flying private jets.
                I was the 14th passenger. I parachuted to safety

Comment

That fuc&ing sucks big time.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                    I was the 14th passenger. I parachuted to safety
                    We don’t ever agree on anything but i’m glad you’re alright dude.

I’m gonna send you a $250k dollar jetpack for emergencies like these. It’s the cheapest jetpack I could find, but i’m tight on cash right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X