No announcement yet.

Canelo made Jacobs look foolish - Video Evidence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blue_dolphin View Post
    both of their defense was on point. but canelo is more pleasing to the eye. dodging blows with head movement looks more "slick" and flashy then simply blocking them with hands up.. but same result
    you keep embarrassing yourself yup Jacobs defense was great alright. Canelo couldn't land nothing he blocked punches like this with his hands that was CGI that made Jacobs face look like that when he got hit

And compubox is just lying about every stat? Damn you haters are funny

Compubox

Canelo
    Total shots
    188 of 466 (40%)

Jabs
    68 of 202 (34%)

Power shots
    120 of 264 (46%)

Jacobs
    Total shots
    131 of 649 (20%)

Jabs
    42 of 290 (15%)

Power shots
    89 of 359 (25%)
    Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-06-2019, 02:22 PM.

Comment

I could post tons of pics and video of all the clean shots from Canelo I mean he landed almost 200 punches at 40% clip. But this thread is about Canelo's defense and how foolish he made Jacobs miss and look bad doing it.

LMAO!!!!!!!

Comment

Why bother? The Canelo haters were crying robbery before the opening bell. They would never bring themselves to say what their own eyes showed them. Canelo landed the cleaner more effective shots. Was more active, more efficient, and controlled the pace of the fight.
        Jacobs did some good work in rounds 8-11 but not enough to overcome the first half of the fight.
        Clear win for P4P Numero Union Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          He re hydrated and entered the ring at minimum 2 weight classes bigger then Canelo. Canelo likely entered around 172-174 while Jacobs entered the ring easily 180-185lbs. My point is he paid 1M to gain that huge fight night weight advantage and still fought passive and scared at times. The reason there wasn't more excitement is the much bigger and stronger man wanted to make this strictly a boxing skill match and despite missing badly and looking foolish never deviated from that plan refused to take risks that would of either changed the fight or got himself knocked out.

Jacobs dictated the pace the entire fight. how is that looking foolish? the ONLY reason the fight was tactical is because JACOBS wanted it that way. Period. thats called ring generalship. Canelo reminded everybody how trash he is at cutting the ring and how easy it is to nullify his offense with footwork. Jacobs did as HE pleased not the other way around because Canelo wanted an inside slugfest and could never force it upon Jacobs.

Comment

Jacobs had no idea what to do with Canelo. So he did nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              you keep embarrassing yourself yup Jacobs defense was great alright. Canelo couldn't land nothing he blocked punches like this with his hands that was CGI that made Jacobs face look like that when he got hit

And compubox is just lying about every stat? Damn you haters are funny

Compubox

Canelo
              Total shots
              188 of 466 (40%)

Jabs
              68 of 202 (34%)

Power shots
              120 of 264 (46%)

Jacobs
              Total shots
              131 of 649 (20%)

Jabs
              42 of 290 (15%)

Power shots
              89 of 359 (25%)
              bro its one thing to be a fan. but never become a d.i.c.k slurper. you're in slurper territory man. Im FAR from a canelo hater i have him top 3 P4P. i just felt he looked like sht and couldn't apply his style upon Jacobs who was in the driver seat all night. posting one pic of a boxer getting hit means nothing. its boxing of course he got hit.

Comment

Originally posted by blue_dolphin View Post
                bro its one thing to be a fan. but never become a d.i.c.k slurper. you're in slurper territory man. Im FAR from a canelo hater i have him top 3 P4P. i just felt he looked like sht and couldn't apply his style upon Jacobs who was in the driver seat all night. posting one pic of a boxer getting hit means nothing. its boxing of course he got hit.
                pictures, videos, punch stats all showed Jacobs was getting hit cleanly while missing badly. Laughing at you saying he was dictating the pace when he couldn't land let alone cleanly while canelo landed 40% of his shots. Canelo literally landed more jabs, more power shots, more body shots more everything and at double connect rates. Literally only thing Jacobs did better then canelo was throw shots that missed badly. lol

Comment

He did... for the first 6 rounds.

Comment

is bigdunny1 some sort of family friend of Canelo or something?

ok, we get, canelo has great head movement. We all knew that long time ago.

But he lacks the most important part, to punish those missed punches from the adversary.

I hate when he does the head movement, and does nothing. its like, "man, you could hit him 4 or 5 times there"

That is the difference between him and Mayweather. May punished you every time you missed, thats why they were all gun shy against him.

with Canelo you get the movement but lack the punish. He proved that he is elite, but I would love him to be a bit more active on those situations.

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
                      is bigdunny1 some sort of family friend of Canelo or something?

ok, we get, canelo has great head movement. We all knew that long time ago.

But he lacks the most important part, to punish those missed punches from the adversary.

I hate when he does the head movement, and does nothing. its like, "man, you could hit him 4 or 5 times there"

That is the difference between him and Mayweather. May punished you every time you missed, thats why they were all gun shy against him.

with Canelo you get the movement but lack the punish. He proved that he is elite, but I would love him to be a bit more active on those situations.
                      Canelo after making him miss landed almost 200 punches! You exaggerating how much Floyd made guys pay especially later in his career after he moved up weights fighting bigger guys. Floyd went almost a decade without a knockout and many fights where he landed lower amount of punches Canelo landed after making guys miss all night in some of his biggest fights

Pacquiao fight Floyd landed 148 punches landing at 34%. Canelo fought a man who entered the ring 2 weight classes bigger embarrassed him making him miss while landing almost 200 punches at 40% connect rate. Jacobs would of been hit way more or knocked out if he wasn't gun shy
                      Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-07-2019, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X