• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blue_dolphin View Post
    they both missed a ton of punches.
    They did both miss their fair share

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
      I had it about 7-5 Canelo.

I thought Jacobs won rounds 1, 7, 8, 9 10 and Canelo got the other rounds. Round 1 could've been a Canelo round, but round 3 could've been a Jacobs round.

Depending on how you scored those rounds, it could easily be a 6-6 or 7-5 either way. But i think Canelo just edged it in the last couple of rounds.

I think Canelo was the better fighter throughout the fight overall and deserved the win, but when you actually tally up the rounds, it appears to be a closer fight.
      I didn't give round 1 to anyone. Neither fighter did anything. I know judges feel the need to actually give round to one fighter, but there have been more even 1st rounds than people care to acknowledge. So many 1st rounds of fights that nothing happens and both guys either land 1 or 2 punches then compubox comes with bs numbers to persuade the audience than one is doing more than the other. I have no idea why judges are afraid to give even rounds when there are little to no punches landed from either guy

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
        Canelo won clearly in a competitive fight

You are an i.diot that hates México
        Quit trying to start schitt in this thread. Every time I see your name it’s involved with something negative. Quit ya b!tching

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
          I didn't give round 1 to anyone. Neither fighter did anything. I know judges feel the need to actually give round to one fighter, but there have been more even 1st rounds than people care to acknowledge. So many 1st rounds of fights that nothing happens and both guys either land 1 or 2 punches then compubox comes with bs numbers to persuade the audience than one is doing more than the other. I have no idea why judges are afraid to give even rounds when there are little to no punches landed from either guy
          When it comes to compubox I never believe the numbers. It’s always bs in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
            My fave fighter of all time was mexican.... and he also scored it for jacobs.
            Márquez hates Canelo

Period

The own Eddie Hearn accepted the L

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
              Well they should score rounds even, i agree. Otherwise fights can then be decided on rounds where neither fighter deserved to win, which generally goes in favour of certain fighters.

Those kind of rounds are generally going to get scored for Canelo.

Comment

The fight was close but there's no way Jacobs should've won. A draw would be generous.

I like Jacobs but he just didn't do enough to win. He fought with no sense of urgency. He's capable of a better performance than that. Unless he made a silly mistake he was no danger of getting KO'd.

Canelo wasn't great either but he did exactly what he need to do to secure the victory.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                  I don’t care who you are rooting for, but let’s at least be honest....worst case senario that was a Draw between Nelo and Danny. I tried to patiently watch and score the rounds. I’m not an official judge, obviously, but that was a 6-6 fight.
                  Let’s discuss without all the negative comments and emotions.
                  Canelo clearly won. I like Danny and wanted him to win but he was clearly outboxed for the first 5 rounds and although he managed to win some rounds down the stretch by outworking Canelo it simply wasn’t enough.

116-112 Canelo.

Comment

I had it 7-5 or 8-4. For canelo

Comment

7-5 for danny he got robbed because its canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X