Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Who beat Jacobs better, Canelo or GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clenela lost.....they robbed jacobs

Comment

GGG did better on offense...KD and 43 more punches landed, more big shots on Danny...Canelo better on defense, Danny landing 44 fewer punches on Canelo than GGG... As a natural counter puncher you would probably expect Canelo to slip shots better, and GGG with his style and jab, you would expect to score more shots.

Danny boxed and moved a little better against GGG, but I think he caught Canelo with a few more hard shots than he caught GGG with. I also wonder if some of the missed shots for Danny are from him floating that lazy jab out there (though Canelo was really making him miss at times, that was fun to watch).

Close call, depends on what you like - I feel like Jacobs didn't really come to win in either fight...especially against Canelo in Vegas he should know he has to do much more to really make a claim to win. Similar performances but I felt GGG had a few more clear rounds than Canelo, had the KD, and I think Danny looks a little shopworn since the GGG fight.

Credit to Canelo though he was pressing the action the whole fight, and with that wrap on his knee I give him a lot of kudos for the way he fought. I enjoyed the fight.

Comment

Well canelo didnt beat jacobs in the fight i watched....

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          According to British and Mexican tv Golovkin DID NOT beat Jacobs.

So there's your answer.
          I wonder how Khazakstani TV scored these fights

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
            I wonder how Khazakstani TV scored these fights
            Mexico and Britain had no rooting interest in Jacobs vs Golovkin.

Kazakhstan obviously would so their opinion would be biased.

Comment

canelo won more rounds more convincing, not as close as Jacobs and GGG was,
              Then again that ain't the whole story,GGG was old and on a down words spiral, shot,
              Canelo is in his absolute prime and wasn't that more impressive then a old man in GGG.
              Which also raises a lot of questions in my eyes
              Last edited by EL_GRINGO; 05-05-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I think Golovkin beat the better Jacobs. Jacobs has looked like peepee and poopoo doody since the Golovkin fight.

Comment

GGG fans still made that Canelo beat GGG and literally beat the Mexican Style out his azzz. Now went and easily beat the best win on his weak resume. Many feel GGG didn't even win that fight with jacobs struggled bad. Canelo easily beat Jacobs made him miss and look foolish all night long.

Compubox

Canelo
                  Total shots
                  188 of 466 (40%)

Jabs
                  68 of 202 (34%)

Power shots
                  120 of 264 (46%)

Jacobs
                  Total shots
                  131 of 649 (20%)

Jabs
                  42 of 290 (15%)

Power shots
                  89 of 359 (25%)

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Mexico and Britain had no rooting interest in Jacobs vs Golovkin.

Kazakhstan obviously would so their opinion would be biased.
                    Come on man - Mexico TV would obviously be looking to slight GGG in any way possible. Would be the same as Khazakstani TV calling Jacobs-Canelo. Same thing.

Britain also seems to be a bit Russia-phobic imo...some of them scored Kov-Ward 1 to Ward which was absurd.

As I said, people looking to hate for any reason and slight GGG will score any 12 round fight he has against him. Just the way it is.

Every round with Canelo-Danny was basically the same - Canelo coming forward, usually doing a little better, Danny having some moments but always looking like he was losing, never really came to win. Basically the same thing as GGG-Danny except Danny had a few good boxing rounds against GGG, and GGG delivered more punishment on Danny.

I also think Danny had a few more good moments against Canelo, on the ropes etc. He didn't back GGG up once that whole fight. And if he did trust me we would hear about it - if Jacobs backed him up for one half second people would say he had GGG running the whole fight lol, just as they do with GGG-Canelo 2.
                    Last edited by Boxing_1013; 05-05-2019, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      GGG fans still made that Canelo beat GGG and literally beat the Mexican Style out his azzz. Now went and easily beat the best win on his weak resume. Many feel GGG didn't even win that fight with jacobs struggled bad. Canelo easily beat Jacobs made him miss and look foolish all night long.

Compubox

Canelo
                      Total shots
                      188 of 466 (40%)

Jabs
                      68 of 202 (34%)

Power shots
                      120 of 264 (46%)

Jacobs
                      Total shots
                      131 of 649 (20%)

Jabs
                      42 of 290 (15%)

Power shots
                      89 of 359 (25%)
                      Serious question - besides round 5, which GGG boxed off the back foot and it was a clear round for GGG - which moments in the fight did Canelo back GGG up? I keep seeing people repeat that narrative but no one ever says where this mythical walking down happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X