Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez Decisions Daniel Jacobs To Unify Three Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo won but the fight was more of a chess match than anything else. Both guys could have done more!

Comment

• Originally posted by thereeldeel View Post
      Another angry Canelo hater bites the dust!
      Charlo will lose to Canelo as well and you will have another cry about it.
      Charlo would at least make it a fight

Comment

• Jacobs had go in there and win the first three round, this would have put pressure on canelo to be more reckless and play into Jacobs hands by counter punching canelo on the way in, as other people have said Jacobs jab was not effective.

Comment

• Even the normal haters who try to nitoick and find something in compubox look ******. Canelo clearly won made Jacobs look foolish and he was shook to take any risks so was easily outboxed by Canelo

Jacobs struggled to land all night

Comment

• Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
            Terrible coverage. Canelo was made to sound like he was perfection and was beating the snot out of Jacobs. Close fight. Jacobs was never dominated or hurt. Man DAZN ******. I miss HBO.
            I agree, with this, but just to clarify for the excitable I'm not trying to diminish Canelo's overall performance. Jacobs going the distance was the best case scenario in my mind and I got what I wanted more than anything - the "This will be even easier work than Fielding!" brigade being shut the **** up.

Comment

• Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
              His best fight was a moral victoy in defeat to GGG. He does enough to make it close but not convincing then pretends he won...
              Jacobs is good enough to beat good fighters and compete with the elite. But not good enough to beat the elite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Javcar View Post
                It looked like Canelo took it easy on Jacobs, and Jacobs was pulling his punches. Strange fight. I had it 9 to 3 Canelo, but I don't know if he beats Charlo. Both guys looked dull
                Fixed. The state of boxing nowadays.

Comment

• Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                  Everytime Jacobs lands he visibly shakes up Canelo, but he's so fkn scared of the counters, he's not throwing ****!!!
                  HAHAHAHAHAHA skills son, skills are preventing Cruiser weight from throwing.

Comment

• By the comments i am reading, since I didn't watch the fight, I read over and over that Jacobs backpedaled all fight, was on survival mode all the time and basically never was the aggressor.

SO WHAT'S NEW???

I had commented before the fight that, on his own soil, just like this time, against two foreigners, Pirog and GGG (the only two big fights I think he has had, and the only two fights of him that I have watched entirely), HE FOUGHT LIKE A TOTAL COWARD never ever being the aggressor, so he got knocked unconscious by Pirog, and Knocked down by tiny small GGG (two divisions smaller) while always backpedaling like a coward with both.

I am disappointed because I expected Canelo to AT LEAST knock this guy down, but now he has proven reality: he has a GREAT CHIN and good power, hand speed and precision, but HE DOES NOT HAVE tremendous power like the other two guys I mentioned. I even think Lemieux has more power than him, but he can't box at all.

WHEN HAS CANELO KO'D OR EVEN AT LEAST KNOCKED DOWN AN A-FIGHTER OF HIS OWN LEVEL??? NEVER EVER EVER.

Winning decision after decision just gets boring.

So I still think Pacquiao, even as old as he is now, is the most exciting fighter TODAY and of this whole era, and possibly of all history of boxing. When he wins by decision he usually is the much smaller guy, he knocks down his opponent at least once or totally beats him up, and leaves him bloody and swollen at the end of the fight. That's what an exciting fighter does. I don't think Canelo is the #1 P4P guy today, not even close to it. He is just in a weight division where the one who used to be the best by far, got old (GGG) and the rest are just not competitive enough or are cowardly like Jacobs. I'd like to see Canelo vs. Saunders, what happened to the latter, wasn't he supposed to be a champion with a belt from a different organization?
                    Last edited by sterilizer; 05-05-2019, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• Close fight
                      The division is tight at the top
                      GGG next or boo boo

Comment

Working...
                      X