Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Arum Is Doing Crawford Dirty; Promotes Lomachenko More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Code Red View Post
    You like that word don't you "race" wonder why you keep bringing it up
    It’s clearly coded lingo when coming from white nationalists. Whenever they say “racist”, “race baiting”, “ldbc” etc etc what they really are doing is using the n word. That’s why such people applauded bob arum for making it a race issue but jump all over Spence for not even mentioning race

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Spence only has better PPV numbers because of Mikey. Let’s see how he does next go around. Funny to see Spence fans agreeing that Bud doesn’t deserve 50% based on comparable earnings, yet the felt Wilder deserves 50% against AJ. PBC fan boys.
      Only because of Mikey? Right...

Despite the fact that:
      1. Spence/Ocampo sold more tickets than any fight of Mikey's career before Spence. Not to mention Mikey/Lipinets didn't cross 10k attendance in TX.
      2. Mikey had never been in a PPV fight before that and likely never will again.

You people post the dumbest stuff...

I've posted here countless times breaking the data down. Spence and guys like Wilder and Broner will cross 300k in PPV buys in any solid fight that's put on. Why? Because they have the hardcore urban demos in the US that can support that number. Crawford can't do that because the community is indifferent to him (very similar to Ward). His affiliation with Top Rank is toxic.

Comment

• Spence spoke a lot of truth in this interview.

-The 50/50 split when Spence is doing over double the PPV buys and will eventually have more titles/bigger fights heading into the Crawford fight?

-ESPN did a terrible job promoting the fight and didn't start the actual promotion until the week of the fight. FOX was promoting Spence/Garcia hard for two months, and even airing the original pressers.

-It is super annoying how ESPN finds a way to bring up Lomachenko in every other sentence when talking about Crawford....And really vice versa. We get it, those two are some bad boys, but give them THEIR respect and stop bringing the other up every time they fight.

-I did not agree with him saying the fight happens late 2020. Push that up to like early or mid-2020. Go beat Porter and then either Pacman/Thurman, and go fight Crawford in a full undisputed match up.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
          Believe it or not, having a little bit of charm and personality means alot in Boxing and Crawford doesnt have it. None. He isnt promotable.

With guys like Crawford, in-ring performance and level of competition should speak for itself but he cant even do that.. if he was with PBC and got to mix it up, he’d be better off.
          Exactly my opinion, actually neither Spence nor Crawford have any bit of the IT factor nor the character, so the only way for them to become popular is through in ring performances against known credible opponents. But at least Spence got a big recommendation from Floyd before Floyd retired and because of this he got some support from the urban demographic passed down to him. It ain't much, but he's definitely in a much better situation and has a lot more options compared to Terence.

Not only Terence's management, but also Al Haymon and PBC have messed up badly by not reaching a deal to get Terence on the right side of things. That's gonna cost both sides a lot of money and exposure and us fans some great fights.
          Last edited by Dip_Slide; 04-27-2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Compare Wilder and Joshua's American PPV numbers. The PBC "fan boys" are actually being consistent.
            It compare their actual earnings. AJ earning average of $18-$20M per fight while Wilder—without Fury, earns about $2M per fight. Why should AJ go 50/50 when he is clearly the higher earned? I won’t be include the 20 or so endorsement deals AJ has that earn him millions more. How many emdorsement deals Wilder have?

Comment

• “I like Terence,” Spence said. “I feel like Terence is a great fighter. I’ve nothing but respect for Terence. I’ve got Terence’s number in my phone right now. He wished me good luck in my last fight. I’ve got nothing but respect for him. I just feel like they’re doing him dirty. They gave Tyson Fury that big-ass deal, and then they give Terence Crawford a $3 million deal. Come on! That’s a slap in the face right there.”

That line was spot on and I didn't even think about that. Tyson Fury just joined Top Rank and previously came back from drug rehab and got a 100 million dollar deal. Meanwhile Crawford has been loyal to Top Rank for years and has barely touched 10-15 million in his whole career lol And he still chose to re-up with Top Rank even though there are no other top ww's in house with him. Not to mention Bob Arum didn't even give Crawford the Pacquiao fight to help boost his profile. Arum gave Pac to Jeff Horn of all people. How can you do that to your guy who's top 3 p4p. Spence is right they aren't promoting Crawford enough and I also almost forgot about his fight with Khan. And if that's not bad enough the Khan fight wasn't a good fight and if Crawford can't get Danny Garcia or Spence, he's going to fight another no name guy. Crawford better hope Jose Ramirez moves up to 147 or he's gonna be hurting.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                It compare their actual earnings. AJ earning average of $18-$20M per fight while Wilder—without Fury, earns about $2M per fight. Why should AJ go 50/50 when he is clearly the higher earned? I won’t be include the 20 or so endorsement deals AJ has that earn him millions more. How many emdorsement deals Wilder have?
                PPV splits are determined by proven PPV performance.

American pay per view with its $75 price tag is the cash cow of boxing. And in that arena Joshua is a nobody for the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                  Only because of Mikey? Right...

Despite the fact that:
                  1. Spence/Ocampo sold more tickets than any fight of Mikey's career before Spence. Not to mention Mikey/Lipinets didn't cross 10k attendance in TX.
                  2. Mikey had never been in a PPV fight before that and likely never will again.

You people post the dumbest stuff...

I've posted here countless times breaking the data down. Spence and guys like Wilder and Broner will cross 300k in PPV buys in any solid fight that's put on. Why? Because they have the hardcore urban demos in the US that can support that number. Crawford can't do that because the community is indifferent to him (very similar to Ward). His affiliation with Top Rank is toxic.
                  Prior to their last fights versus Mikey and Khan, Crawford earned $3.5M for Benavidez amd $3M for Horn. Spence earned $1.2M for each of his previous three fights. Crawford has been earning 3X what Spence earns.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    PPV splits are determined by proven PPV performance.

American pay per view with its $75 price tag is the cash cow of boxing. And in that arena Joshua is a nobody for the moment.
                    What is AJ’s incentive to leave tens of millions on the table to be split with a fighter who isn’t a PPV attraction? Fury sold 5e Wilder fight, not Wilder. Check Wilder’s viewership numbers and purses prior to Fury fight. Dismal.

Comment

• Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                      Spence's biggest fight was a blown up 135lber. PBC allows WW's to duck Spence because he'd ruin them. Everyone knows it, it's common knowlege.

The problem is that Crawford and Loma are something entirely different. Haymon is fearful that they'd decimate the entire PBC stable and he might be right. If Haymon sideline Spence why is everyone shocked that his paid shills make excuses for not fight either Bud or Loma? Haymon needs to protect his stable from Crawford, Lomachanko and especially Anthony Joshua because to Al, Green is the only color that maters.

Everything else is chit chat.
                      No one is scared to fight anyone. It just that PBC brand is about the fighter first everything else second.

It's about maximizing there pockets. Crawford and Loma knew where all the fighters was at prior to signing a second extension with TR, but both if them made that decision to do such...

Well this is the results of that decision.

Haymon gave his fighters loyalty and keep them feed..

This time last year every other promotional outfit out there was clowning PBC for not having dates for there fighters.

Now Haymon has everything everyone else want. ESPN could of had a price of PBC to but they decided to work exclusively with T.R..

Comment

Working...
                      X