Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Explains Why PEDs are 'A lot Worse' in U.S. Boxing Market

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Explains Why PEDs are 'A lot Worse' in U.S. Boxing Market

Veteran promoter Eddie Hearn believes the United States market has a much bigger PED [performance enhancing drug) crisis in comparison to the UK - at least when it comes to boxing. Hearn was blown away by what recently happened with heavyweight contender Jarrell Miller. Miller was scheduled to face Hearn's star fighter, Anthony Joshua, for the IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO world titles on June 1 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

UKAD is not a real testing

He does have a point about USA needing governing body to combat sports that supersede local commissions
    Last edited by Phenom; 04-25-2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

UKAD dont catch anyone, because they are awful at what they do, not because UK is so clean.
      UKAD are also close to bankrupt and probably only survive on bribe money.
      This guy did every PED possible, didnt even try to hide it, and they couldnt catch him for 6 years of testing.

http://www.steroids.info/2012/07/18/...for-six-years/

They are a joke. There is a good reason why AJ uses them.

Comment

Randomly who pays for the UKAD program for anyone who knows? I wonder if its feasible to copycat w/e they are doing there in the US?

It would be nice for a similar setup to that in the US for sure doe. I mean we are either in or out with this drug sh^t. I feel like the US & major US promoters/platforms are playing the middle too hard with drug sh^t.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          UKAD is not a real testing
          Why not?

Legit question I'm not super familiar with how the UKAD operates.

Comment

The U.S. and Mexico both need governing bodies that test all boxers, from amatuer, olympians and pros. BUT, we all know that wont happen cause somebody is getting paid to NOT make it happen....

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
              UKAD dont catch anyone, because they are awful at what they do, not because UK is so clean.
              UKAD are also close to bankrupt and probably only survive on bribe money.
              This guy did every PED possible, didnt even try to hide it, and they couldnt catch him for 6 years of testing.

http://www.steroids.info/2012/07/18/...for-six-years/

They are a joke. There is a good reason why AJ uses them.
              This. Hearn is just jabbing U.S. boxing because he hasn’t done too well here.

Comment

Yep. I been saying the WBC clean boxing program is inadequate. I agree with Hearn here.

“I’ve got guys who have signed with me and signed up to WBC testing, they’ve never been tested. There are fighters out here who are never getting tested until fight night. It just opens the door, there’s no fear of getting caught. With what’s at stake in the sport right now, these people will be cheating to get an edge to win.
                Be the change you want to see Eddie. You can be the pioneer who cleans up the sport.

“I think there are a lot of champions out there [who are cheating], and it’s got to change. I don’t know if it’s the promoters, I don’t know if it’s the commission, I don’t know if it’s the governing bodies, but someone has got to do something to make sure that at least the title fights are being tested.
                But you'd have to stop rewarding cheats like Whyte, Povetkin, Browne, Galahad.....

A lot easier to talk about it than be about it

Comment

Everybody is juicing in US, we already knew that because they don't have any drug tests.

Comment

Boxing needs a random program like the UFC has with USADA where fighters are randomly tested year round. That's the only way it's truly effective. The issue is that it's very expensive to test every fighter out of competition randomly.

Comment

Working...
                    X