Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    It wasn't a 10 million dollar demand, it was a 10 million dollar asked. It's called negotiating. The article stated that Kern Was preparing another offer, sounds like Ortiz and his team are right where they want to be. Why are you and others so much against a fighter seeking to maximize his purse every time he steps in the ring?
    there's a difference between a fair, good-will negotiation and a "i'm walking cos i didn't get 10 mil" press release.

why are you so much against Matchroom Boxing and Anthony Joshua making as much money as they can?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
      You idiots are so clueless and think you know about purses, regardless of what any fighter made in the past, Wilder is now worth over $100 million, get a clue, lolllllllllll
      Wilder isn't worth close to that. They only offered so they could finally get the title off the coward and get rid of him as he's bad for the division. As it always is when an American is there in a division with their usual delusion and cowardice.

Ortiz won't ever get more than what Hearn is offering. Unless Haymon really wants to lose major money like he has done in the past with his shlt "Fights".

Comment

• Originally posted by whatismyname View Post
        Give it to Hughie!!
        Bwahahah Whoie?

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          No, King Kong is clean. How can anyone honestly think that Ortiz could be currently juicing when he has no reason to? How is it even plausible when he is not even in the gym training or have any fights scheduled? So there is no reason for him to cheat now.

In addition, it's been more than seven weeks since his has last fight. So, if anything he's probably cycled off and clean by now. So he can sign the fight with AJ if he wants to. What it sounds likes to me is that he has been coaxed or instructed not to.
          You think cheats cycle when training for a fight and not on the off season?

I'm going to ask you an honest question: Do you have any mental illness of any sort? I'm not being mean, i'm just really curious now. Any problems? Because you have to be the most unusual person I've ever come across. I know Americans are extremists, but you're way too extreme. Unless of course, you are in fact the leader of the ******s like a lord or something? Is that what it is?

Comment

• There is a thin line between maximizing your leverage and tanking the deal because of impossible to satisfy demands. Something tells me Ortiz's team will overstep that line and will cost Ortiz his financial future. At 40 (or how old he is) to be given a chance like that.. you really need to trust your handles not to mess up an opportunity. We'll see if this trust is well placed..

Comment

• Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
              Hearns pay him 7.5-8mill and bring out the Latin crowd an celebs and watch A good
              Fight with big fireworks!

GGet it done Edwards! Skipper is watching!
              Ortiz will bring celebs? He brings the Latin crowd? How many will he bring and who? Please do tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
                In this situation Hearn doesn’t have time for all that cat and mouse BS, he has a hard date set, the fighters need to get into camps, there’s promo material and dates to schedule.

Ortiz’ side might see at as the perfect time to negotiate but from Hearn’s side a warm body that’s reliably gonna turn up is far more appealing than a guy that’s coming off a loss to a guy AJ beat, who is a notorious PED user (so could end up being pulled out like Miller).

It’s just not worth the hassle for Hearn and def not worth paying a premium for.
                Its always the perfect time to get what you feel your worth when an opportunity presents itself I'd argue. Negotiating isn't THAT time consuming.

But yea I actually agree with your overall take that yea Hearn isn't trying to hear all that sh^t & I mentioned a similar thing if not the same thing in a previous thread about this topic. Hearn wants to get a fight booked ASAP. And thats why this deal wasn't doable cuz Ortiz has options & Hearn has options so neither side was able to get their way or their way enough to make a deal. Thats just how deals work out sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
                  You mention the stoppage result without acknowledging the
                  exciting fight that took place leading-up to the stoppage.
                  Ortiz fought well in a losing effort to a man regarded among
                  the top two heavyweights in the world. Ortiz reputation did
                  not suffer the way some are suggesting. He is still regarded
                  among the top contenders, and is much more well-known
                  than Miller.
                  Shut up you c3nt, we've already read enough of your madness for one day. Go dribble and ply your poison elsewhere you backwards idiot.

Comment

• 245 comments?????? I’m willing to bet there is some obsessive multiple postings by individuals going on

Comment

• Originally posted by TreJac View Post
                      Go home and think about what yousaid! You're not allowed back on this site for 60 days!
                      Ok snowflake

Comment

Working...
                      X