Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sanapuki View Post
    Theres only one reason someone who's career high pay day is 500k turns down 5 million plus at this late stage of his career. He ain't gonna pass the VADA.
    We have no proof but this is a great point and makes a lot of sense. No time to cycle off when VADA would start as soon as he signed the contract.

Comment

• What a twat. He s not going to get that kind of money anywhere at this point in time. Plus it is a great opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
        If there is a counter offer.

What will you say if Ortiz isn't Joshua's next opponent? Because I don't see Ortiz and AJ happening now. If you ask me Ortiz blew it. If you ask me he ducked it. Don't know why, but he did.
        If he is not the next opponent, I will be disappointed but not seek to "blame" a side. Right now, I don't know the exact numbers as I've read somewhere that Hearn says the reported numbers are inaccurate (Ortiz request, Hearn offer, Miller purse). Without the latter two numbers, I'm just gonna not judge the situation. I will say this, if there was an offer of above $6M that had no strings attached and Ortiz turned it down. I'm gonna question whether he is clean or not or if certain PBC fighters have signed non-compete contracts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
          Mr tight money grip?

Have you even heard yourself?

You people are beyond help at this point. None of you make any f3cking sense. I'd wish to be put down if my intellect and reasoning was this bad.

The market value for Ortiz at the maximum is 500K. Anything over that is a blessing. But he actually LOST the fight for his biggest payday. So his pay should go down, not up when getting another shot. But he's still turning down 5 Mill.

Logic is lost in the US, man. And it's never going to happen for you guys. Ever.
          Who are "you people"??? I assume you're from another country and you sound so upset about MY opinion.

Instead of challenging it or simply asking me to elaborate, you result to insults and witless banter.

You're probably small "in the pants" and can't accept it, so you hurl insults to make yourself feel better.

Move along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
            Thing is though, the risk/reward in your case was no doubt much more balanced than in Ortiz's case where the risks MASSIVELY outweigh the rewards in not accepting the offer.

Ortiz has probably just lost the opportunity entirely because he wanted 20 times his highest ever payday AS WELL AS the chance to become the no.1 fighter in the division and clean up monetarily.

Doesn't look like such a good move now, does it?
            It depends, he honestly would lose way more stock after getting ko'd by AJ. So I can see why he would try to cashout. If he doesn't take the fight he can still run around and say he's the top four heavyweight. If he wants money then yea I agree it's a bad move but it's not his best chance to win, 5 week is not enough time to train and he did look bad in his last fight.

His best match up would be fury or rematch with deontay. No bad eddy doesn't want to pay to put Ortiz in the ring. Counter offer should be 7 and Ortiz should take that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Clearly a lowball, but at least they are still in negotiations.
              Exactly! Why in THE hell were they ready to pay Miller THAT much money when he's done dick in the sport???

Boxing fans still see Ortiz as a threat and keep naming him in these "fantasy fights", but the second he asks for more money on short notice, he's being unreasonable???

Crazy.

Again, WTF has Miller done to deserve what they were about to pay him? He was about to get what, $6.5M? $8M?

People are crazy if they think Ortiz isn't worth that much but Miller is. Smh

Comment

• Fighters are not the brightest people in the world but this is too much lol.

Miller loses out on life changing money and now Ortiz willingly turns down ridiculous money. Smh

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                  If he is not the next opponent, I will be disappointed but not seek to "blame" a side. Right now, I don't know the exact numbers as I've read somewhere that Hearn says the reported numbers are inaccurate (Ortiz request, Hearn offer, Miller purse). Without the latter two numbers, I'm just gonna not judge the situation. I will say this, if there was an offer of above $6M that had no strings attached and Ortiz turned it down. I'm gonna question whether he is clean or not or if certain PBC fighters have signed non-compete contracts.
                  Personally I would consider Ortiz more blameworthy than AJ/Hearn since Ortiz stands to lose a hell of a lot more than AJ if the fight doesn't happen.

But I take your point that we don't have all the info as yet. It's just that even $5m is 10 times the dude's highest payday. In that context it's hard to see why Ortiz turned his nose up at it, especially when he claimed he'd fight AJ for free not so long ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
                    Exactly! Why in THE hell were they ready to pay Miller THAT much money when he's done dick in the sport???

Boxing fans still see Ortiz as a threat and keep naming him in these "fantasy fights", but the second he asks for more money on short notice, he's being unreasonable???

Crazy.

Again, WTF has Miller done to deserve what they were about to pay him? He was about to get what, $6.5M? $8M?

People are crazy if they think Ortiz isn't worth that much but Miller is. Smh
                    Because the guy was offered a chance to take control of the division and was being given TEN TIMES his highest ever payday for the privilege.

This is assuming that it was only $5m that was offered because Hearn claims that it was significantly more and that he will expose it when a fight is made for June 1.

Comment

• Ortiz was offered more than Miller!!!

Who the hell is Ortiz to turn down this offer????

Is he ******, scared or on a cycle????

Nothing else makes sense

Comment

Working...
                      X