Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
    You do realise I said everyone looks good against Wilder till he wins by KO?
    ... do you realize that the ref gave Wilder extra time to recover?

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post

I'll keep it going...

You do realise Ortiz gassed and couldn't finish Wilder whilst he was out on his feet.

Comment

• Clearly a lowball, but at least they are still in negotiations.

Comment

• "On what is now 5 weeks notice"...lol.

If he was serious about taking the fight do you think he was sat on his arse for a week and a half not training?

He'd have been training and working hard from the moment he knew it was a possibility.

He turned it down cos of either VADA or Haymon bad influence.

The End.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
            I'll keep it going...

You do realise Ortiz gassed and couldn't finish Wilder whilst he was out on his feet.
            ... do you realize that the ref gave Wilder extra time because Ortiz gassed?...

Comment

• MAYBE Ortiz has other plans.

Fight Joshua - Wilder isn`t coming soon. Maybe Ortiz wants to rematch Wilder, he actually can beat Wilder ( but not Joshua IMO). He would get just 500 000 for that, for sure, but by WBC belt he would get huge paydays fighting Fury or Joshua. Just saying.

Comment

• I never want to see another post about how no one wants to fight Ortiz. This guy needs to get the **** out of boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                  These folks are more interested in talking sh it than using common sense. The counter offer will be higher than $5M. Thats the point of a big initial ask and a denial of lower offers. There was $6.5M dollars DAZN and Matchroom expected to go elsewhere. No reason why Ortiz can't get that.
                  I knew I wasn't the only one to understand it.

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    These folks are more interested in talking sh it than using common sense. The counter offer will be higher than $5M. Thats the point of a big initial ask and a denial of lower offers. There was $6.5M dollars DAZN and Matchroom expected to go elsewhere. No reason why Ortiz can't get that.
                    If there is a counter offer.

What will you say if Ortiz isn't Joshua's next opponent? Because I don't see Ortiz and AJ happening now. If you ask me Ortiz blew it. If you ask me he ducked it. Don't know why, but he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                      If fat Miller can get 6.5 , I think Ortiz is worth the same rate or alittle bit more. Not 10mil.

My case is you never know until you ask. I got better starting salaries by just asking. You never know, plus that's neogating he knows he will not get 10mil but he may get a sneaky 7 mil dollar counter offer.

Thing is though, the risk/reward in your case was no doubt much more balanced than in Ortiz's case where the risks MASSIVELY outweigh the rewards in not accepting the offer.

Ortiz has probably just lost the opportunity entirely because he wanted 20 times his highest ever payday AS WELL AS the chance to become the no.1 fighter in the division and clean up monetarily.

Doesn't look like such a good move now, does it?

Comment

Working...
                      X