Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“So look, if you want to fight I’m here and stop saying I priced myself out because I’ve never had no offers to fight you. With all respect to you for all you have done, I’ll fight you for just about any money you offer me so if you can’t work out the Miller fight, I’m here and ready." -Luis Ortiz

Comment

Luis Ortiz deserves at the very least the same amount that Jarrell Miller was going to get. Hearn needs to quit being a tightwad.

Especially since it's on short notice.

Comment

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck...

Comment

I think this was a real good offer. I can see Ortiz's team trying to hold out for at least what Miller was going to make. I don't want to hear crap from team Ortiz though, he should take the 5 mil. He won't get anything near that for holding out to fight Wilder

Comment

Ortiz might be a good fighter but he isn't worth as much at the box office because he isn't a hometown fighter, is not really good at promotions and can't trash talk as much. This is more that just fighting. He has never made this kind of money so he shouldn't really be demanding as much.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Luis Ortiz deserves at the very least the same amount that Jarrell Miller was going to get. Hearn needs to quit being a tightwad.

Hearn man. sucha tightwad offering Ortiz 10x his best payday.

Listen to yourself bro . you're embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

I don’t agree, as Miller is a fairly unknown quantity which is easier to hype. But I think it’s irrelevent anyway.

Even if you feel the offer is a little low as a matter of academics, in reality that is a solid offer of a 5 million dollar payday, against the no.1 of the division for 3/4 belts. A rematch would net him well north of 10 million.

I can’t see any justification at all, especially considering what he was paid vs Wilder

Comment

Either he's a duck or he's on the juice.

A coward either way.

Comment

asking for 10 mil is wild...too much

but not getting a 6.5 is also a slap in the face...he is worth at least what miller was and that's the market price that hearn set

both sides faulty on this one

Comment

350k he got for wilder and now he with Joshua he would get 5 million...that’s 14 x over his highest purse.
                      Seriously these fools are running scared of AJ and they are pricing themselves out for a reason

Comment

Working...
                      X