Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: John Scully Discusses His Passion To Help Fellow Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: John Scully Discusses His Passion To Help Fellow Fighters

By Thomas Gerbasi - John Scully loves boxing. He always has, at least since he read about Muhammad Ali as a teenager and then went about emulating "The Greatest." So over the last three-plus decades, the 51-year-old has seen the good, the bad and the ugly of the sport, but he's still here, a little over a week away from le...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Much love, respect & appreciation to John Scully. Solid fighter back in the day & a great dude with a extraordinary passion & heart to help cats. Glad to see him getting more attention & ideally with that attention comes more money to help ex-boxers struggling.

Comment

Great story...he's a compassionate soul. I always like reading John Scully's posts on here. I didn't realize he was training Artur Beterbiev.

Comment

Always enjoy posts from the Iceman when he visits NSB. Great dude and a real OG in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Always enjoy posts from the Iceman when he visits NSB. Great dude and a real OG in the sport.
          Agree. I remember when he used to be on the AOL boards back in the day (early 2000's).

Guy has more knowledge of boxing than most on this earth.

Class guy, humble, and here he is definitely doing the right thing helping out.

Kind of surprised he posts here sometimes as some people are just filled with venom or trolls with personal agendas. Not too mention the other assorted weirdos.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
            Agree. I remember when he used to be on the AOL boards back in the day (early 2000's).

Kind of surprised he posts here sometimes as some people are just filled with venom or trolls with personal agendas. Not too mention the other assorted weirdos.
            Absolutely. He's gotta have a thick skin and a lot of patience to endure this place. Also, I think it helps that the casuals that troll here don't know who he is so they don't harass him.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
              Great story...he's a compassionate soul. I always like reading John Scully's posts on here. I didn't realize he was training Artur Beterbiev.

Jade, just to clarify, I HELP in training camp, work on stuff, but I am NOT Artur's head trainer, that would be Marc Ramsay (also trains Lemieiux and Alvarez).

Thanks for your words.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

AOL message boards and chat rooms were the LB 4 LB of the internet back then, werent they???!!!??? I see the venom, its CRAZY sometimes...but after a while I realized the mentality and hate these people have inside of them...they dont count and they know it. I assume most of them go through a phase and after a while it dawns on them how crazy it is, what they do, and they drift away from it.

Comment

It's always good to see someone making an effort to help fighters. There are too many of them who are down on their luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Much love, respect & appreciation to John Scully. Solid fighter back in the day & a great dude with a extraordinary passion & heart to help cats. Glad to see him getting more attention & ideally with that attention comes more money to help ex-boxers struggling.
                    Thank you very much, my man. Honored by your words, 100 pct.

Comment

Working...
                    X