Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime for prime who wins in a fight between golovkin and martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm leaning towards Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Larky101 View Post
      Fantasy match up both in their primes golovkin vs sergio martinez at 160 who wins and how. Try as i might i can't fathom how the fight pans out.

Martinez

We saw what intelligent movement and distance control did to Golovkin

also.....

Martinez tested himself, repeatedly..... whereas Golovkin was - and still is - reluctant to match himself against certain world-class fighters

Martinez proved himself against BETTER opponents than Golovkin did

I pick Martinez

Golovkin does not one-punch guys, he breaks them down..... so I give the more defensively-responsible version of Golovkin who shows up when his opponent is a threat (Jabkin), far less chance to stop Martinez or outwork him

I see Martinez controlling that fight and landing the better punches

Comment

Golovkin within 4. Slick boxer who's a slow starter and gets dropped near enough every fight at the beginning vs relentless puncher with a better chin and better resistance

We've seen this before in Matthysse v Peterson. This would be no different

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I think Sergio's movement would be too much for Golovkin. Not that it would be an easy fight to predict, but I don't see Golovkin being able to do much other than jab and getting the stick and move treatment from Martinez.

yep, with Martinez landing the cleaner/better punches

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            murray is a terrible comparison, martinez was at the end of his career with injuries when he fought him and then you use a fresh ggg..now you wanna call ggg old but ignore martinez was 38 then?
            True. That's a REALLY bad comparison. Martinez was never the same after his injury at the end of the Chavez fight. We're talking about a guy known for his movement, at a point in his career when he could no longer move the same. Not a good comparison.

Comment

I loved Martinez when he was going on his run but a prime GGG was something else. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a late stoppage in G's favor.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                GGG by easy KO. They have a common opponent in Martin Murray.Murray fought Martinez in Argentina. He knocked him down and beat him but got home country robbed. Murray got the hell beat out of him by GGG later and was stopped in the 12th round. GGG tried for years to get Martinez to fight him when Martinez was middleweight champ. In my opinion GGG should be undefeated as I thought he beat Canelo twice. GGG has never been knocked down. Martinez has several losses to guys GGG would easily beat and he has been knocked down many times and stopped twice. Martinez has lost to Williams and been knocked out by Margarito. He is not in GGG's class.

Triangle theories don't work in boxing

Martinez beat Pavlik and Williams..... Golovkin avoided Derevyanchenko and Saunders, and his best win is scraping past Danny Jacobs in a fight many observers say he lost

honestly, what a terrible evaluation

Martinez already PROVED that he is a class above Golovkin..... by first taking, and then winning, BETTER fights

Comment

Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
                  Golovkin within 4. Slick boxer who's a slow starter and gets dropped near enough every fight at the beginning vs relentless puncher with a better chin and better resistance

We've seen this before in Matthysse v Peterson. This would be no different

oh my god

I have no words

this thread is going to be much more fun than I thought LMAO

Comment

Yea Floyd would have an easy UD be GGG to In thier primes. Nothing sergio and FLoyd UD GGG

Comment

Martinez out box ggg ears off,ggg is slow zero head movement,would be chavez jr 2

Comment

Working...
                      X