Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime for prime who wins in a fight between golovkin and martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
    Sergio has had trouble with lesser fighters than G so insinuating he ends him without much trouble is just dumb. Movers aren't a problem for G, unless we're talking about a not prime G which goes against the whole premise of the topic. Golovkin landed plenty of power punches so this whole thing of suddenly Golovkin becoming a jabber, which he's pretty much always been, isn't accurate. Did he jab more? Sure. He still landed power shots, with the better ones in the 2nd fight. Sergio was a great fighter who got away with a lot of things based on pure athleticism. I think G would eventually take that away. Just my take.
    I'm sticking to the PRIME vs PRIME scenario. I don't really like including how guys did vs OTHER SPECIFIC GUYS. I like to match up styles.

JFC !!!!!!

Mayorga beat Vernon 2x.
    Joe almost killed Ali
    Foreman bounced Joe around like a basketball
    Ali humbled Goerge

Styles truly make fights.

I see Prime Marvella's style being a nightmare for Prime GGG. You don't see it that way.

Side note to no one specifically (they know who they are) -

What's with the name calling when someone has a different pov/opinion ?!?!?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
      I'll keep things mainly to bullet style points. Martinez isn't outjabbing Golovkin. Nobody hes fought has the jab of GGG. That hands down style won't play into his advantage, not to mention he is off balance a lot, not to mention his head being so far forward will lean right into G's right uppercut which he used to throw after a left hook, against southpaws of course. Martinez has a great pace, but so does G, especially prime G. And for the most part, Sergio throws mainly 1,2's with occasional hooks (granted it's been a long time since I've seen a fight of his so it's mainly what I remember). Canelo throws every punch great, including body work so it's going to make G think and hesitate more. Sergio didn't have the greatest body work from what I remember. Gennady used to have great body work which would definitely take away Sergios legs eventually. A younger G moved his head a lot better than older G so those awkward shots wouldn't land as much. There's probably more I'm forgetting but oh well. It's a fight I would've loved to see but I realize where their careers were at the time. Great fight regardless.
      Great post. One thing I see ggg doing and catching martinez is with his shifts that he does a lot. Martinez being 3 feet away with his hands throwing and ggg timing with his shifts and lading a big shot similar in the proska fight. Also, the martinez that fought chavez jr looked exactly like the same martinez that fought pavlik. And that martinez also struggled with murray and macklin. And yes martinez never went to the body. I actually think it would be an easy fight for ggg.
      Last edited by satiev1; 04-22-2019, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• If you wanna know how GGG-Martinez would have ended, you just have to watch GGG-Prokza

GGG already destroyed a carbon copy of Maravilla's style

Comment

• I'm still waiting to hear how GGG is any better than Pavlik.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
            You keep
            Bringing up irrelevant stuff to
            the table!

Prime Chavez was a damn cruiserweight in which Prime Martínez fought and ended up losing his prime after the fight!

Canelo catch weight learned from Floyd , knew if he’d fought Jr at 168 it would’ve been a much tougher task but yet let Rocky Fielding fight at 168 for a paper title!

Ggg has the inferior foot speed, hand speed, accomplishments, and footwork!

Prime Maravilla would’ve landed 4 or 6 piece combos and circled away before ggg can say big drama show!

You know shît bout boxing, ggg lost to a career Jr middleweight who doesn’t have the punching power or foot speed of Martínez!

“Martínez decisions Golovkin”, would’ve been the headline for the fight
            Prime Chavez was a sh.it of a fighter, period, thats a fact, and Danny Jacobs was too a cruiserweight but way better than Jr and GGG dropped him

Canelo was growing in weight, before the fight against JR Nelo never fought more than 155 pounds.

The catchweight was fair and JR was in his better shape, Nelo schooled him easily

Canelo is a beast landing combinations, better than Martinez, and Nelo barely landed large combinations on GGG.

Man, you don't know about this

Comment

• Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
              I'm still waiting to hear how GGG is any better than Pavlik.
              Umm GGG never got dropped or struggled with bums unlike pavlik. Has a deeper pedigree, better jab, better defense, better body attack. Even at 37 it took a 27 year old p4p fighter to beat him in a controversial fight. Pavlik has been dominated by hopkins and martinez. GGG never has in any fight. Better in every department. Not even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                If you wanna know how GGG-Martinez would have ended, you just have to watch GGG-Prokza

GGG already destroyed a carbon copy of Maravilla's style
                Whatever became of the Prokza ?

Comment

• Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                  Umm GGG never got dropped or struggled with bums unlike pavlik. Has a deeper pedigree, better jab, better defense, better body attack. Even at 37 it took a 27 year old p4p fighter to beat him in a controversial fight. Pavlik has been dominated by hopkins and martinez. GGG never has in any fight. Better in every department. Not even close.
                  Pavlik had to move up to get dominated by Hopkins. GGG refuses to do so. Other than Hopkins, Pavlik crushed everybody until Martinez.

Deeper Pedigree? What in GGG's resume says he's better than Pavlik, nada. Nice try though.

Comment

• Originally posted by ra-box View Post
                    pavlik had to move up to get dominated by hopkins. ggg refuses to do so. Other than hopkins, pavlik crushed everybody until martinez.

Deeper pedigree? What in ggg's resume says he's better than pavlik, nada. Nice try though.
                    lol great rebuttal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                      Jacobs only struggled against Mora and then he K.Od him.

Golovkin ducked Mora

Derevyachenko is better than all the fighters than Martinez beat except Pavlik.

Golovkin ducked Derevyanchenko

Jacobs was like 183 pounds that night, and he was dropped.

That Jacobs had more power than Martinez and GGG took all his power.

The best brawler than Martinez faced was Margarito and he destroyed him when both were youngs fighters.

Chávez JR dropped Martínez and almost K.Od him

Imagine what would do GGG.

that is really fkn dumb man

Sergio had no amateur career, you do know that right ?

he fought Margarito when he was green

Martinez proved on many occasions since, that he is a far better fighter than Margarito

Golovkin ducked guys like Derevyanchenko, Lara, Saunders, Charlo..... so I doubt that he would ever fight a real stud like Martinez

you think that the guy who made RIDICULOUS excuses to avoid Lara, would happily jump in there with prime Martinez?
                      Last edited by aboutfkntime; 04-22-2019, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X