Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A weekend of boxing that proved nothing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    Yep, those are on the level of and maybe better than Canelo-Jacobs.

All hope is not lost. Yet, anyways.

Sor vs Estrada II is better than Canelo vs Jacobs, in my opinion.

Estrada and Sor are better fighter than Jacobs, that is a very good fighter but not better than Sor or Estrada.

Estrada looked in a very good shape this time, he thrown 1000 punches against Orucuta, people forgot that Estrada had multiple problems with surgeries in the last year.

Will be a great fight, but people is not putting attention on them.

Comment

Originally posted by bluzi View Post
      Whats amazing is the amount of fighters and depth we have in our sport , and yet we wait months for good fights and usually we can count them on 2 hands for a single year , i look at other sports , even combat sport with **** talent and no depth , but they still pit the best fights available , i understand that if we get all the good fights we want it will probably mean that the fighters as a whole will make less money as the money will funnel to the top guys , you look at WW for example , and everyone are claiming to be the best in the division , and until we find out , they all command good money for the bums they are fighting while not risking that 0.
      hope for a better 2019.
      When you look at welter now and realize that the best win by any of the title holders was against a blown up lightweight (Mikey) it speaks to the corruption of these sanctioning bodies, managers and promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Crawford gets a TKO win over a shot Khan, who basically quit after a low blow. Bud was clearly on his way to a stoppage win at some point, but that was to be expected. What’s next for Bud? Maybe a career high payday across the pond to fight Brook, providing Brook doesn’t mind getting his eye socket broken again. Without a PBC opponent who is next?

Garcia did what he was supposed to do in this “tune up” fight. Stopped an out-gunned gatekeeper with six losses and two draws coming in. Insists “he’s baaaack”, but looking sharp against Granados told us nothing. What’s next for Danny? Possible rematches with either Thurman or Porter, both winnable fights for him given how close they were. Or another opportunity to fight PAC providing he doesn’t turn it down again.

López did what he was supposed to do as well, defeat another no-hoper to pad that record and bring him closer to what he hopes is a Loma payday. By the looks of it, he clearly isn’t ready, so for now it appears he is just using Loma’s name to elevate his social media presence and market himself.

Anyone see something different?
        Just like the poster below you said, just like any other weekend in boxing. Why the surprise?

Khan isn't a credible opponent for anyone considered elite, and never really was to begin with. Posters on here need to stop bringing him up at all, its partially fight fans fault people like Khan get the money they do, and don't deserve.

Garcia is just Canelo in another division, an ordinary unremarkable fighter with flaws who gets by on questionable decisions and careful matchmaking. People think that because these fighters have fans, they are better than they are.

Lopez looks good but what was he supposed to "prove" this weekend? It seems to me that people (probably wanting to see him lose) just want an excuse to call anyone a threat to Lomachenko. Let things play out. And trust wraps to identify them if anyone, tsk tsk.

My focus is mainly on the NBA playoffs, this weekend was just "more fights" but nothing ever meant to be significant.

Comment

I guess it can be put like that.

I had bigger hopes from granados, I thought he would put up more of a fight and would have been a real live dog to pull out the upset but he Garcia power was too much (garcia hired a new S&C) but in the grand scheme of things no one jumped up any placement int he ranks so yea.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            Just like the poster below you said, just like any other weekend in boxing. Why the surprise?

Khan isn't a credible opponent for anyone considered elite, and never really was to begin with. Posters on here need to stop bringing him up at all, its partially fight fans fault people like Khan get the money they do, and don't deserve.

Garcia is just Canelo in another division, an ordinary unremarkable fighter with flaws who gets by on questionable decisions and careful matchmaking. People think that because these fighters have fans, they are better than they are.

Lopez looks good but what was he supposed to "prove" this weekend? It seems to me that people (probably wanting to see him lose) just want an excuse to call anyone a threat to Lomachenko. Let things play out. And trust wraps to identify them if anyone, tsk tsk.

My focus is mainly on the NBA playoffs, this weekend was just "more fights" but nothing ever meant to be significant.

Canelo is way fu.cking better than García as a fighter.

And Khan beat your boy Maidana.

And nobody cares if you likes NBA or not.

27 Estrada vs Sor II.

4 Canelo vs Jacobs

11 Dogboe vs Navarrete II

Great boxing weekends in the future

Comment

Crawford gets a TKO win over a shot Khan, who basically quit after a low blow. Bud was clearly on his way to a stoppage win at some point, but that was to be expected. What’s next for Bud? Maybe a career high payday across the pond to fight Brook, providing Brook doesn’t mind getting his eye socket broken again. Without a PBC opponent who is next?

Garcia did what he was supposed to do in this “tune up” fight. Stopped an out-gunned gatekeeper with six losses and two draws coming in. Insists “he’s baaaack”, but looking sharp against Granados told us nothing. What’s next for Danny? Possible rematches with either Thurman or Porter, both winnable fights for him given how close they were. Or another opportunity to fight PAC providing he doesn’t turn it down again.

López did what he was supposed to do as well, defeat another no-hoper to pad that record and bring him closer to what he hopes is a Loma payday. By the looks of it, he clearly isn’t ready, so for now it appears he is just using Loma’s name to elevate his social media presence and market himself.

Khan never disappoints. He is a very hard man to like and no matter what he will find a way to be hated more. Just when you thought he couldn't find anything, everyone was expectin to see him getting knocked out he decided to quit. How disappointing! People paid to see him getting pasted then he runs away. He is like that sheep people would have picked for a sacrifice or barbecue which runs away leaving people holding their knives or a bi.tch which runs away leaving you holding your opened condom. Fu.ck Khan.

Comment

Don’t understand how so called boxing fans cannot see that Lopez is far from ready for Loma
                People hiding behind the green guy so like that their own favourite fighter doesn’t have to : Tank where you hiding

Comment

They were still pretty entertaining fights. Undercards were pretty decent. Not every weekend has to have a 50/50 fight

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                    I guess it can be put like that.

I had bigger hopes from granados, I thought he would put up more of a fight and would have been a real live dog to pull out the upset but he Garcia power was too much (garcia hired a new S&C) but in the grand scheme of things no one jumped up any placement int he ranks so yea.
                    still undefeated??? hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                      still undefeated??? hahahahah
                      140 and below yes sir!

Comment

Working...
                      X