No announcement yet.

Reasons why fans are AGAINST Lomachenko vs Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
    ON PAPER this match up seems interesting, same as with Loma vs Rigo. It's the same crap that we had when a fight with Rigo became talked about after Rigo and his followers kept running their mouths. Loma had no choice but to oblige and look how that turned out. Unlike Rigo though Lopez doesn't have the same amateur pedigree nor the boxing skills. Other than size and power Lopez will be easily neutralized by Loma after the first minute of the fight.

F#ck it, let the fight happen if that's what everyone wants. Just know that when the same results happen the same people that flocked with Teo will immediately turn their backs on him and claim that he wasn't all that.
    bro...rigo was 37 and fighting once a year the previous three years.....no comparison

lopez is an active 21 year old knocking guys out...granted not high level comp..but hes highlight reel ko'ing them and wants the fight

you guys cry and whine that davis doesnt want to fight him and "goes silent".....now you have a kid talking and talking and wanting the fight and you have excuses as to why it doesnt need to happen

you guys whine about "i wanna see a guy take control over his career and tell his promoter to make a fight" when its convenient for you against someone you dont like

but heres a classic example of loma dismissing an interesting matchup and talking about luke friggin campbell who would prob be at least a 25-1 underdog...LOL

Comment

LOL not at all. You saw how easily Loma neutralized sharp shooters like Rigo. Imagine what he'll do to Lopez. I know for a fact that Loma will be like a mongoose to Lopez.
      The sharp shooter didn't shoot....

Listen to Teo & listen to S.O.G.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BKJuISDt7c

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        bro...rigo was 37 and fighting once a year the previous three years.....no comparison

lopez is an active 21 year old knocking guys out...granted not high level comp..but hes highlight reel ko'ing them and wants the fight

you guys cry and whine that davis doesnt want to fight him and "goes silent".....now you have a kid talking and talking and wanting the fight and you have excuses as to why it doesnt need to happen

you guys whine about "i wanna see a guy take control over his career and tell his promoter to make a fight" when its convenient for you against someone you dont like

but heres a classic example of loma dismissing an interesting matchup and talking about luke friggin campbell who would prob be at least a 25-1 underdog...LOL
        A 37 year old experienced UNBEATEN pro who was still feared and many saw as a high risk low reward guy. After Loma got touched up a bit and looked vulnerable in his fight with Marriaga people were jumping into Rigo thinking that he had a chance.

I will be all for a Lopez fight if Lopez actually had some SUBSTANCE in his resume. It all boils down to how much MEANING it has with a win over Lopez. But seeing that Lopez has nothing going for him at the moment a win over him right now is MEANINGLESS.

Be honest with yourself, do you ACTUALLY think that Loma would get any kind of credibility for choosing a PROSPECT over champs like Davis, let alone get ANY well deserve credit for beating someone so inexperienced?
        Last edited by Flo_Raiden; 04-18-2019, 03:59 PM.

Comment

There seems to be this false assumption that fans of Loma are against a fight with Lopez because they fear that it's a high risk fight for him. NO. The reason why actual boxing fans are against Lomachenko fighting a mere prospect like Lopez is because:

1. Teo Lopez offers NOTHING to the table right now and would be an EASY win for Loma, with absolutely NO BENEFITS FOR LOMA'S RESUME AT ALL. Please stop fooling yourself and wishfully thinking that Lopez is this monster that strikes fear. Loma would literally toy Lopez like he's his child.

2. Fighting Lopez now and easily whooping him would have people jumping into the excuse wagon once again saying that Lopez was "too green", "too inexperience", "too young", "hasn't fought anyone", "wasn't all that good", "was overhyped", the list goes on and on. Just like Loma's previous wins. The difference would be that a win over Lopez would do absolutely nothing to Loma's legacy other than to shut a couple of his haters.

3. Lomachenko wants to unify and fight the best guys WITH A BELT ASAP and become undisputed at the weight class. That means facing actual proven guys such as Commey, Davis, Farmer, Berchelt, Garcia, etc.

4. Lopez has literally fought NO ONE, NONE, ZIP, ZILCH, NOT ONE fighter that's worth a damn that warrants him a shot against arguably the best fighter in the planet. Talking your way and simply calling out the best without having much to back up on does not give you a shot right away.

5. Boxing fans like myself actually LIKE Lopez and want him to continue develop as a fighter and not thrown into the wolves right away. The last thing I want to see is a very talented fighter like Lopez to fall into the Fernando Vargas route.

People have to understand that Lopez is just a stepping stool right now and would be a waste of time for Loma. If Lopez were to fight Loma and gets taken apart, the chances of him losing confidence in himself and disappearing like Walters and Rigo are high. I really don't want to see someone like Lopez to end up being another Nomaschenko victim.
          Tank is about the same yet people are clamoring for aTank/Loma fight.

You’re a solid poster so I accept everything you posted here. Just understand how weak and bad it looks when posters who post they want to see exciting fighters that go for a ko get more opportunities then say they don’t want to see Lopez fight Loma.

I think you can understand people responding to hypocrisy like this so strongly.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisjs View Post
            agree 100% with op. I don't think lopez himself or these people demanding the fight believe what they are asking for they just don't think it will happen because he's a very green prospect and very raw. I've seen people say he had the better amateur career, has better pro credentials and is more skilled. It's obvious trolling.

I want the fight to happen maybe at the end of this year or the first quarter of 2020. If lopez looks good with his first "credible" opponent saturday then imo some of the talk is justified. Loma said it best "when i beat him nobody will care or give credit" it's just like the rigo and walters situations when these people said "he'll never fight him" then "he will get destroyed by i won't front if he wins i'll give credit" then their criticism got more intense when those predictions were made to look beyond pathetic and more one-sided than even loma's hardcore fans thought. How does that happen?

If commey and the ibf belt is available then you do that otherwise if he fights lopez then right after it these fans demanding lopez gets his shot will say "he cherry picked a green fighter he's ducking commey". I guarantee that would happen. 100%. If garcia stays at 135 then that fight is #1 priority otherwise the wbc belt will be more worthy for now and also berchelt is more worthy right now given he's #1 at 130 and more proven than lopez. If lopez had a belt then he could call whatever bluff he thinks they have but if he moves to 140 without the fight happening then it's highly suspicious and his motives were clear. There was never any talk of 140 until he mentioned loma and then put an ultimatum on the pound for pound best whilst having zero credibility in the sport.

My take is that the people demanding the fight have either never seen lopez or at best only saw and heard of him when he last fought and opened his mouth. In the minds of a sane boxing fan should loma get credit for destroying him like he would? No. He shouldn't and wouldn't but the people (fake) demanding the fight should be held accountable and would have to admit they were wrong on lopez and lomachenko or their credibility goes (even further) down. I think loma would make him quit after winning every round (i could see calzaghe-lacy type action) and these people will fill the forum with hate, cries about lopez being green, too young and loma will be even less of a fighter in their eyes and they will say haney is the next guy then it will be garcia and then maybe back to verdejo.
            lmao i could so see haney being the boggeyman and verdugo. It will be verdugo next and haney after because we all know haney will avoid the lomo as long as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              lopez IS without question one of the top 3 most interesting fights that that loma can make at his weight class...the other two are tank and garcia...and garcia is probably a longshot at this point

when you are p4p certified you dont need belts for anything..you need interesting fights that look somewhat competitive on paper....lopez has the size and skillset on paper that make it look interesting.....id guarantee you would get a better price on loma vs lopez than you would against any belt holder in lomas weight class that isnt tank or mikey garcia...meaning lopez would be a smaller underdog than anyone else....

if loma wants the belts he can still go get them after he dispatches lopez

and lopez def wants the fight...he isnt just talking....if he was bob would tell him to pipe down...but its loma that has been fanning the flames on teh fight and lopez keeps running his mouth
              Compelling match-ups over titles for sure but I do think being undisputed is important and underrated. If you win every belt and dominate there's nobody out there that can say "Well this guy had one title" and I don't think Lopez has the status within the sport or passes an obvious eye test to the point were he's bigger than belts or other champions. If he wins this weekend in impressive fashion and say, follows up with a dominant win over a Pedraza for example then I think he will be deserving. At the minute he'd be getting a shot strictly based on mouth. It would be like giving Shannon Briggs a shot at the heavyweight title. It's not just a regular title shot or fight it's a fight against a unified champion who happens to be p4p. He simply brings nothing to the table to warrant being leapfrogged ahead of other champions or a proven guy like Berchelt.

I want the fight to happen either at the end of this year or the first fight of next year (which I think is when it will be) and that is of benefit to Lopez because he'll be much better than and Loma no better. If it happens now we both know nobody will give Loma an ounce of credit and Lopez would get thrashed and Loma himself would dismiss the fight. He'd have a right to do that but folks demanding it wouldn't IMO.

To be honest I think Top Rank are fine with the trash talk. It's establishing a fan base for him and bringing attention to a prospect nobody really cared about. It means they could have an easy mega fight in house next year if he keeps winning and talking.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

You’re a solid poster so I accept everything you posted here. Just understand how weak and bad it looks when posters who post they want to see exciting fighters that go for a ko get more opportunities then say they don’t want to see Lopez fight Loma.

I think you can understand people responding to hypocrisy like this so strongly.
                Tank was a world champ and beat pesdraza. Shame on you for comparing tank to lopez.

Comment

Discussing this fight is a waste of time until Lopez grabs the vacant WBC then theres no reason for Lomachenko to not fight him.

Until then, Lopez is nothing more than a prospect who hasn't fought even 1 guy rated close to top 10.
                  Not sure who this guy is he's fighting this weekend but a quick look at his record shows he's never beaten a soul, lost to the only guy we have ever heard of and has no power at all. So guess what, another highlight reel KO coming against another opponent made for Lopez to look sensational.

The kid needs JUST ONE quality opponent like Commey or Campbell on his resume and the fight should happen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

You really going to sit there and compare Tank and Lopez? Really? Seriously? You are actually better than that. Disappointed in your post, not sure what’s happening to all the good posters on here... Shame

Comment

Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
                      If Lopez is as good as projected, then the haters will claim he waited "for Loma to get old" "no prime wins vs elite" after he sparks the bum in 6 rds.

Nah. Lopez vs Loma NEEDS TO HAPPEN BY 2020.

But it won't because we all know Loma likes to cherrypick and avoids competition.
                      The highest ranked boxer Lopez has defeated was ranked 46th by boxrec and unranked by anyone else. All his other cherry picked victims were ranked down in the 2 and 3 hundreds and boxrec ranks Lopez number 27 at lightweight. To say Loma avoids competition when he has defeated so many champions in 3 weight classes and is trying to fight good champions Tank and Mikey is a really stupid thing to say. Lopez needs to beat a legit top 10 contender before having the right to even ask for a Loma fight. Anyone who says otherwise is nuts. If Lopez is so Goddamn good then beating a real contender to earn a Loma fight should be easy for him. Right now he is a 12 fight promising prospect who has yet to beat a top 40 lightweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X