Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some people call Davis the next Broner, but I think hes much more talented.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    Not in my opinion. What was his best win? He was a good fighter. That's the only good win Loma has. The rest are average or below.

You’re right he has elite skills but is not an elite fighter. You actually just made me realize something lol

Comment

He was hit solid and buzzed a couple of times. How many times has Davis been down? Zab? Davis has a great chin.
      Not by a kotsya type fighter

he looks sturdy at 130, hell move up to 135-140 well see how he does there

I like the dudes style, just premature to say he's going to be great

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        What about Zab Judah though? That seems like a good comparison to me, in many different ways.
        Outside of the issues with his weight (specifically blowing up so much that he's basically always got a hard cut to 130lbs), there aren't many wholes in Davis' game tbh.

Good balance, heavy with both hands, good jab to set the table, puts his punches together, places them well when he's hunting, etc.

Zab Judah wasn't mentally strong all the way; whenever he got put in with someone who wouldn't crumble to Judah's pressure, he basically came undone.

We've gotten a glimpse of how Davis handles things going poorly, and he's looked good so far.

Comment

He was hit solid and buzzed a couple of times. How many times has Davis been down? Zab? Davis has a great chin.
          Davis is like GGG he only fights bums
          He will get cracked soon and hard that’s why they keep feeding hik no hopers

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
            Not by a kotsya type fighter

he looks sturdy at 130, hell move up to 135-140 well see how he does there

I like the dudes style, just premature to say he's going to be great
            We have no great boxers, not even one, right now. Davis is among the ones with a good potential to be, if he keeps his head straight and stays away from negative influences. I never said he was great, not yet.
            Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 04-25-2019, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              Davis is like GGG he only fights bums
              He will get cracked soon and hard that’s why they keep feeding hik no hopers
              Who is fighting good fighters? None. Look at the guy Loma fought a few days ago. Davis will be doing most of the cracking. Keep watching.

Comment

What elite fighter has Loma fought? Answer: None.
                Define elite? Rigo obviously fits any elite description, was just smaller. But 122 to 126 smaller, 130 was just where Loma moved to after all the remaining top 126's, and Rigo as well, turned down fighting him (at 126). If you mean P4P top 5 opponents his size, then no, but by normal "elite" or "A-level" standards, Loma has beaten two his size, GRJ (the best featherweight to this day, and best of the last 5 years besides Loma) and Walters (the other best featherweight at the time), and one bigger, Linares.

FYI, Floyd never beat a prime top 5 P4P opponent his size either. Canelo has never. Crawford has not even beaten a top 50 P4P opponent I'd wager. Spence has never. GGG, sadly, has never. Wilder and Joshua have never.

This whole era is a joke. The sport is completely broken. But in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. In an era where no one is beating top 50 P4P prime opponents, the fact Loma even beat three top 30 P4P prime opponents, two his size one bigger, and one smaller old guy who was still undefeated and on the list, makes him the current best of his era.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  We've gotten a glimpse of how Davis handles things going poorly, and he's looked good so far.
                  Did you watch Tank Davis vs Fonseca? I dont know if Tank was weight drained but Fonseca who has no power was dogging Tank as the fight went on. Tank got frustrated and KO'd him to the back of the head, and of course the PBC ref allowed it and awarded him the win for it. But if you actually analyze what was happening in that fight, and where it was headed with a neutral referee, well, let's just say I wasn't just pulling **** out of my ass when I made the Zab Judah comparison. I saw something. You might want to rewatch that one because you might see something too.

In fact, I've seen others on social media, maybe just haters but maybe not, saying basically the opposite of what you're saying, that Tank is basically exactly what all the Ward fans said Kovalev was, a bully who will fold once someone comes back at him. Did you watch Browne vs Jack? Floyd was saying Browne is skilled but "everyone knows he's a frontrunner." When Browne hot hurt vs Hot Rod, he just started fouling and holding the entire fight in survival mode. He barely fought back. He folded, just in a different way.

And before that, he blatantly hit Hot Rod when Hot Rod was on the ground. Dirtiness, cheating. Just like Tank's behind the head KO against Fonseca in the first fight he really faced adversity. Now I know Browne ended up performing great vs Jack, but the same things that were true about Browne in some other fights, and that Floyd was saying are true, and the same things (minus the dirtiness) that Ward fans accused Kovalev of being, I've heard a few people say now that Tank is that way, and even though we haven't seen him tested enough to have as much evidence of it as with Browne, I'm suspicious that it may be true, so I think your assessment may actually be the opposite of the actual case.

Remember, Tank is the one who said Floyd "forced him" to fight Pedraza. Then when Tank got with Floyd's daughter or whatever is rumored to have happened, and Floyd was trying to use Loma as a tool to discipline Tank with essentially (even the dude's own promoter thinks Loma would punish Tank, but Tank fans are still so confident Tank would win? That's weird to me too honestly), Tank said in an interview that he was basically being forced again. I think he must have gone above Floyd and gone to Al or something to get the fight stopped.

So there's this narrative that Tank wants all smoke but his team is protecting him, but if you actually look what he said, he's the one who wants it even less than them.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    Define elite? Rigo obviously fits any elite description, was just smaller. But 122 to 126 smaller, 130 was just where Loma moved to after all the remaining top 126's, and Rigo as well, turned down fighting him (at 126). If you mean P4P top 5 opponents his size, then no, but by normal "elite" or "A-level" standards, Loma has beaten two his size, GRJ (the best featherweight to this day, and best of the last 5 years besides Loma) and Walters (the other best featherweight at the time), and one bigger, Linares.

FYI, Floyd never beat a prime top 5 P4P opponent his size either. Canelo has never. Crawford has not even beaten a top 50 P4P opponent I'd wager. Spence has never. GGG, sadly, has never. Wilder and Joshua have never.

This whole era is a joke. The sport is completely broken. But in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. In an era where no one is beating top 50 P4P prime opponents, the fact Loma even beat three top 30 P4P prime opponents, two his size one bigger, and one smaller old guy who was still undefeated and on the list, makes him the current best of his era.
                    I disregarded the whole post as soon as I saw names like Walters and Linares. We are so far apart that a discussion would be fruitless. I don't even think we have a single A fighter in all boxing right now. Not one. Some have a potential.

I consider people like Linares and Walters C-.

To each his own I guess.
                    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 04-25-2019, 04:42 PM.

Comment

we dont know it yet. Davis has a win against pedraza, that one is decent, but pedraza fought a stupid fight though lol.

Other than that, he really hasnt fought anyone, who could give him a test.

He currently does, what Broner did early in his career (minus the fight against Ponce De Leon): Smashing average and, in comparison, smaller opponents.

Comment

Working...
                      X