Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Gennady Golovkin an all time great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol no. People still say cotto isn’t an atg. Wtf has gg done? Since he’s like 35 or whatever I doubt there’s anything he can do to be considered atg

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Canelo got gifts against Lara, Trout and GGG. How can he be so much better than Golovkin if they fought to a draw? He also got caught cheating, so let’s not pretend he didn’t have help along the way.

You can’t duck a fighter who isn’t willing to come down to your weight class for you, yet he is willing to come down for someone else. Ward is full shyt.
      Hahahaha canelo got a gift against Trout, hahahahah, you dont know sh.it about this.

Duran Lost against Benítez and he was better.

Canelo is a better fighter and he did a better job in the second fight than GGG in all his fights, destroyed his face lol

Golovkin said that he will fight against the best in 154-160-168 and he ducked Ward

Ward called out him a lot of times

Comment

Not at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Not even close to an ATG. His resume is pathetic.
          Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
          Hell no. It's possible if he cared about fighting good opponents more that he could have achieved it.
          Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
          Absolutely not, his most notable win is Jacobs and IMO he should’ve lost that fight and he’s refused to give Jacobs a rematch! Smh

Canelo exposed him as a basic up and down fighter with no special effects!
          Originally posted by KO MX View Post
          Yes, an atg fighting bums
          Originally posted by Redsox View Post
          not even close
          Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          The only thing Golovkin cares about is fighting Canelo. Wasted his entire career chasing a junior middleweight who he hasn't beaten through two tries.
          Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          An ATG no. A great fighter in the middleweight division.. Absolutely. To be an ATG he needs to beat Canelo definitively and beat Jacobs again by KO. Then possibly move up and beat a credible SM champ at 168 not a catch weight. I've never been a fan of Championship matches at catchweights. Is that going to happen? Probably not.
          Agree with basically all of this. It's not TOO late, but it's very unlikely at this point. Sad because he could've fought BJS, Andrade, Canelo and Cotto at CW's, Ward at 168 (since he was willing to fight Froch and JCC Jr. at 168), Lara, Dervvenchenko, Brook at 157, etc. Instead...he fought Lemiuex, Vanes, Wade, Monroe Jr., etc.

Borat dug his own grave. He is a strong, solid MW, but sadly he is far from ATG status and is right on the edge for HOF. Needs another real win...not Kermit Cintron or something of that nature...

Comment

Cakewalks vs no hopers
            Life and death (1-1-1;0 kos) when he steps up

And now he's back to taking cakewalks again.......

Comment

Maybe my standards are different to the rest of you, but we’re gonna look at him as #1 or #2 middleweight of his era. Being maybe the best guy of your era in your particular division cements you a place in boxing history and is worthy of ATG status to me. I get that atg is meant to be very exclusive and we shouldn’t bestow that title on everyone but at that same time I think we scrutinise current guys a bit much

Comment

Originally posted by Jiub View Post
                Maybe my standards are different to the rest of you, but we’re gonna look at him as #1 or #2 middleweight of his era. Being maybe the best guy of your era in your particular division cements you a place in boxing history and is worthy of ATG status to me. I get that atg is meant to be very exclusive and we shouldn’t bestow that title on everyone but at that same time I think we scrutinise current guys a bit much
                Which is it (bold) ????

His resume is shlt, not completely his fault. Came up when the div was piss poor. Then he got ''old'' when he finally stepped up.

Sarcasm aside, he's no way an ATG.

Comment

Nah just at 160

Comment

3g is not even a real case for being elite or HoF, nevermind ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiub View Post
                      if his era is 2015 when he first won a title to 2017 when he vacated it, then yes maybe.

ATGs are supposed to around longer than 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X