Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: No Surprise if Loma Don't Face Me, Goes To 130

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    I didn't really care about the Golovkin/Ward stuff as I am not a fan of either fighter. What is this "y'all" stuff are you one of those that think because you like fighter A you obviously like fighter B, C & D whilst yourself hating all fighters of a sudden ethnicity and region? I get that impression.

Let's see what Mikey does. If he says let's do it and then Loma says "Oh I'm moving down" then I'd be disappointed and hold him accountable. I don't think Mikey does this though so I will hold him accountable if he opts to not fight at 135 (a weight he said he can make again) again.

I really don't think there's much hope for you guys.
    If this is true, then u maybe one of the few sensible Loma fans who hold fighters they like accountable.

I’ll be screenshoting this post in the event u ever decide to change tune.

It maybe hard to believe, but I’m also a Loma fan. He just becomes irritating when he seemingly has become complacent fighting 100/1 Cans, all while denying us of good fights like Lopez.

I won’t stand for protective hedging any fighter, and won’t tolerate any fighter who’s on a steady diet of Cans, especially one as talented as Loma.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      l0m0 isn't on Salido's level.
      One of the judges thinks otherwise. salido lost later to martinez, who loma destroyed. if bringing salido as some argument all the time makes you happy so be it ))

Comment

cant see loma going straight back down to 130, hes just growing into this weight class, cant see it

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          if that's the case why don't you encourage loma to "take control of his career" and shut this kid up???

if it was really arum being afraid of lopez getting his arse kicked hed tell the kid to stfu himself.
          ...but he didn't...in fact it was loma who had to dismiss the fight, shut it down, and call out luke Campbell

try being real for a second and use logic
          Am not Bob Arum, so i cannot "Encourage" Loma to take a fight when the Promoter isn't willing to pit his prospect in there with the better fighter.

Arum isn't going to stop the kid from talking, why would he do that? Him talking is hyping up the potential future fight..Try and use logic there for a second. Hype sells, but am sure Top rank matchmakers aren't dumb enough to not protect the kid.

Like the kid said he would prove Top rank wrong by winning a belt, am sure once he does that with the hype surrounding Loma's quest to unify and become undisputed at 135, it would make it worth his while. Right now doe Arum would protect that kid.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
            Which should be evidenced by the fact that he lost his 2nd pro fight, yet they keep bringing it up for brownie points, SMH.
            Now people are desperately trying to make Salido out as this great boxer. They guy was beat 12 times before Loma even got to him.

Salido is the definition of a journeyman with all the losses to prove it. You can't spin crap without staining you in the process.

What is the world coming to?
            Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 04-16-2019, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
              What other fighter that you know has ever ought a guy like Salido in his 2nd pro fight for a world title to compare it to?

We'll wait.......

Crickets.......crickets...
              Any fighter with a powerful promoter. But y does it matter if he lost ?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                Now people are desperately trying to make Salido out as this great boxer.:lol1: They guy was beat 12 times before Loma even got to him.

Salido is the definition of a journey with all the losses to prove it. You can't spin crap without staining you in the process.

What is the world coming to?
                Yeah, all of a sudden he’s Roberto Duran

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  I think they will, Ray, if he keeps talking like this.
                  They personally told him he needs three fights. Thats what he was told by Top Rank. Who are they protecting him or Loma?

Who benefits from that scenario Loma? Lopez? Who do you think Top Rank would really want to win at the end of the day? Loma? lol, whenever this fight happens, i can assure that they would prefer the kid with a potential latino following, who speaks english, who would have the Honduran public behind him.

This is why i laugh at anything that thinks or insuniate that Top rank are protecting or would protect Loma from Lopez .

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    What other fighter that you know has ever ought a guy like Salido in his 2nd pro fight for a world title to compare it to?

We'll wait.......

Crickets.......crickets...
                    How many fighters turned pro in their late 20s... I'll wait ....crickets

Loma fought salido at an older age than mikey & after mikey has won every rd & kd him several times,says it all no

I will say one thing though,loma turned pro at around same age as ggg but didn't go chasing no hopers like ggg right away
                    Last edited by kushking; 04-16-2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
                      Yeah, all of a sudden he’s Roberto Duran
                      It's disgusting. Crolla will be TBE by next year.
                      Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 04-16-2019, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X