Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: No Surprise if Loma Don't Face Me, Goes To 130

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Did you miss or conveniently ignore the parts where Mikey was talking how he can't work with Arum or when Robert said a year ago a Loma fight is for 4-5 years down the line? Or when Loma moved up and then Mikey moved up. Loma had a legit injury, Mikey took a fight at a higher weight no problems there but if he dumps his belt now after being called out you won't accept that's not a good look?

I've never seen Mikey look like he's wanted to do the fight and his actions haven't looked that way either. I'm not saying he's ducked it either. I understand there's politics but people tend to be very one-eyed. You have an excuse and reason for whatever suits your argument.

They have barely shared the same division and when they have Mikey has dumped a belt and he's moved up.
    This is somewhat immaterial as people usually keep trying even if there’s a promotional standoff. Hence, Bob never ceases to stop calling out Haymon fighters.

I know u were paraphrasing, but when Mikey said that, he was saying that “Bob” would be the obstacle thwarting progress between him and Loma fighting, not himself.

Even though it’s practically suicidal to go from 147 to 135 in one fight, I hope Mikey does so he can once again call Loma’s bluff so y’all can stop making excuses for Loma.

But let’s say if Mikey does say he’s moving back down and wants the fight. Then let’s say Loma gives us crickets or excuses again. Will it really matter to u guys ? U dudes will defend this guy even if he decided he wanted to fight Claressa Shields next for her title.

I preface this by what y’all did with ggg/Ward situation. Ggg shouted “Anyone from 154-168” can get smoke. Then when Ward said ok, I’d like some smoke at 168, ggg then responded “164 for u Ward”

And y’all didn’t just give it a pass, y’all got mad at Ward !

So I really don’t think there’s any hope for u guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Catrin View Post
      Over 350 amateurs fights 1 loss
      2 gold medals at the olympics
      The highest IQ boxing has ever seen combined with impecable foot work.
      Besides the salido hiccup! Saludos a CD OBREGON SON. Loma got better by the fight!
      How do you quantify that little nugget?

Amateur records don't mean anything in pro boxing. Most fans don't know or don't care about amateur records.

It's been a great marketing tool for Lomachenko but that's all it is.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
        That’s why he chooses to fight the Crollas of the world.

That ****suckerr is cut from the same cloth as ggg overrated hype jobs that had to do very little to get credit from their euro fans who don’t know ****ttt about the sport
        What makes Lopez more credible than Crolla you genius?

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
          How do you quantify that little nugget?

Amateur records don't mean anything in pro boxing. Most fans don't know or don't care about amateur records.

It's been a great marketing tool for Lomachenko but that's all it is.
          Which should be evidenced by the fact that he lost his 2nd pro fight, yet they keep bringing it up for brownie points, SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
            This is somewhat immaterial as people usually keep trying even if there’s a promotional standoff. Hence, Bob never ceases to stop calling out Haymon fighters.

I know u were paraphrasing, but when Mikey said that, he was saying that “Bob” would be the obstacle thwarting progress between him and Loma fighting, not himself.

Even though it’s practically suicidal to go from 147 to 135 in one fight, I hope Mikey does so he can once again call Loma’s bluff so y’all can stop making excuses for Loma.

But let’s say if Mikey does say he’s moving back down and wants the fight. Then let’s say Loma gives us crickets or excuses again. Will it really matter to u guys ? U dudes will defend this guy even if he decided he wanted to fight Claressa Shields next for her title.

I preface this by what y’all did with ggg/Ward situation. Ggg shouted “Anyone from 154-168” can get smoke. Then when Ward said ok, I’d like some smoke at 168, ggg then responded “164 for u Ward”

And y’all didn’t just give it a pass, y’all got mad at Ward !

So I really don’t think there’s any hope for u guys.
            I didn't really care about the Golovkin/Ward stuff as I am not a fan of either fighter. What is this "y'all" stuff are you one of those that think because you like fighter A you obviously like fighter B, C & D whilst yourself hating all fighters of a sudden ethnicity and region? I get that impression.

Let's see what Mikey does. If he says let's do it and then Loma says "Oh I'm moving down" then I'd be disappointed and hold him accountable. I don't think Mikey does this though so I will hold him accountable if he opts to not fight at 135 (a weight he said he can make again) again.

I really don't think there's much hope for you guys.

Comment

Lopez wants no part of Lomachenko. He’s just doing what this new generation does and troll and sell wolf tickets.

I really want Lopez to be successful as a Honduran/ Central American fighter but he needs to shut up already.

He wants to move up to 140 and fight Ramirez which is alright by me because that means I’ll be able
              To attend the fight, but all
              This Loma talk is nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Lopez really is using Loma's name, calculated since he knows Top rank/Arum aren't going to put him in there with Loma.
                I think they will, Ray, if he keeps talking like this.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
                  Which should be evidenced by the fact that he lost his 2nd pro fight, yet they keep bringing it up for brownie points, SMH.
                  What other fighter that you know has ever ought a guy like Salido in his 2nd pro fight for a world title to compare it to?

We'll wait.......

Crickets.......crickets...

Comment

If Lopez really wanted to fight the best in the division rather than just calling out Lom, he would also be calling out or fighting Haney, Ryan Garcia, Mikey Garcia, Commey, Easter, Fortuna. He's got a bug up his butt, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      Yea right. This is Lomachicken every time Lopez calls him out:

Shouldn't Lomachicken shut him up or is Lomachicken not interested and skkkkuuured? I'll copy your words from now on. If it's good for you, same here.

Maybe your words are the truth in disguise.

Comment

Working...
                      X