Collapse
No announcement yet.

I dont get the issue with Lopez wanting to fight Loma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring ranks Lopez 8th in the world and I think that is way too high if you go by the 12 boxers he beat. Boxrec ranks him 32nd in the world which is where he belongs until he beats a top 20 fighter. Much more proven boxers should be getting title shots at the lightweight champs before him.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      This is the pros. Loma's style still looks amateurish. Crushing cans doesn't impress real boxing fans.
      Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Half as many fights as Tank and a way better resume. What does that say about Davis, who refuses to move to 135 to fight Loma.
      Tank is a fun, exciting fighter, but his power is only a big deal because of how much he weight drains. As he ages his power and physical advantages will diminish as he won't be able to cut weight as much.

His boxing isn't good enough to get him by at the higher weights

Comment

Lomachenko was given a title shot with very few pro fights. Why can't Lopez get a similar opportunity?

Comment

Two gold medals and 396-1 record usually gives your career a boost. Why did Oscar get a boost? Why did Floyd? Why did Wilder? Sure, they fought more pro fights against like twenty chumps first but I don't see any problem with a Loma or Rigo or anybody who captured two gold medals getting an early shot. Don't know that Lopez has done anything but I don't have a problem with them fighting. I think Loma would beat him down real bad but Lopez would learn a lot if he didn't get hurt.

Comment

I see the "Loma is scared of Lopez" narrative starting to gain steam. Hopefully it works to hype the fight. Lopez destroying Commey would also do wonders. That would be a good fight IMO.
            Last edited by Pigeons; 04-13-2019, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              I see the "Loma is scared of Lopez" narrative starting to.gsin steam. Hopefully it works to hype the fight. Lopez destroying Commey would also do wonders. That would be a good fight IMO.
              You see well. It's started today. I'm surprised how fast Loma's next can in Campbell is almost lined up, while Loma never even mentions Lopez by name. Damn waste.
              Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 04-13-2019, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                I see the "Loma is scared of Lopez" narrative starting to gain steam. Hopefully it works to hype the fight. Lopez destroying Commey would also do wonders. That would be a good fight IMO.
                The thing is that only idiots are saying that Loma is scared of Lopez.

It doesn't build demand for the fight, it just destroys those people's reputations.

If Lopez can wrangle his way into a title fight, and snatch the WBC or IBF belt, then his next fight will be against Loma.

If Loma unifies first, then Lopez will have to position himself as the best challenger. Although after unifying 135, Loma might just choose to go back to 130 and unify there instead.

If Lopez actually wants to fight Loma - and right now it looks like he is just using Loma's name - then his path to do so is really clear and obvious.

Get a title. Bring something to the table. All he has right now is a big mouth, and everyone can have that.

If he is as good as his fangirls think he is, then he can earn his shot easily and quickly enough. Good luck to him if he can.

Quit talking, start earning.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                  Posters claim he hasnt proved himself and doesnt deserve a shot, well what did Loma do to earn a title shot in his 2nd fight?
                  Two Olympic Gold medals might do it. Loma wasn’t just any random amateur getting his shot....

Comment

Loma gets soft critiques on mismatches like Crolla and the one coming up against Campbell. He should be crucified for those.

If he beats Lopez, his star would shine more brightly in the world of boxing. Lackluster belt collecting is weak, boring, and bordering cowardly.
                    Not as cowardly as Davis though unless you think ducking Farmer, Berchelt, Loma and fighting bantamweights isn’t cowardly.

Comment

Loma also only looks invincible against no-hopers like Crolla and Marriaga. The two somewhat decent C fighters he had fought before that were life and death struggles. What's your point?
                      Last paragra is my point
                      Why should he fight lopez when there are 2 belt holders and mandatories?
                      Does lopez bring money? No
                      Should he fight lopez just to satisfy haters and doubters ? Lol whats the point
                      Id rather he chase ibf belt and garcia

Comment

Working...
                      X