Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'NEBRASKA? I ain't scared of no man from Nebraska, Call Al' Errol Spence on Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    I mean it is clear he will have to go straight to Haymon. The Angel thing didn't work and when you give Khan around 6M, you better come with that same type of offer for DSG.

There are some rumors of Lipinets vs Ugas taking place later this year. Good fight no doubt, but don't see the sense of that fight taking place. Would make more sense to same one of them for DSG who will be without a top opponent with Spence/Porter/Thurman/Pacman all locked up.

If Mikey does stay at 147 and I think there is a chance he will, then he's going to want one of the top guns like DSG. He's not going to be fine with fighting someone like Alexander/Berto, not at his age and him not wanting to stay for much longer. So if DSG gets by Granados, he will be in a great spot. Either make TR offer crazy money or push for the Mikey fight which will be another great payday and still a big fight despite what Spence did to Mikey.
    Lipinets-Ugas seems like a perfect fight for the next IBF mandatory, tbh.(if things go the way they seem set to)

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      I don't care, tbh.

What's painfully clear though is that Al Haymon and his affiliated parties basically have control of 147/154 and a really good hold of 140 now, and if Terence Crawford is going to get the chance to see if the hype actually measures up, Bob Arum is going to have to shift the way he does business.

Tim Bradley did great for his family, and just might turn into being a really good announcer; no one is going to remember him as a good fighter.

Terence Crawford is set to be Tim Bradley sans Pacquiao fights if Bob Arum does the same business.
      What hold does PBC have at 140? Prograis, Barachyk, Ramirez, Hooker, and Taylor are all the top guys at 140 with all the belts and they are all under promotional contracts and do not fight under PBC or have management agreements with Haymon.
      Last edited by Mister Wolf; 04-14-2019, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
        What hold does PBC have at 140? Prograis, Barachyk, Ramirez, Hooker, and Taylor are all the top guys at 140 and they are all under promotional contracts and do not fight under PBC or have management agreements with Haymon.
        Yeah, Haymon definitely doesn't control 140. I'm guessing he is including Prograis who is with Dibella, but he's not signed to Haymon.

140 is legitimately all scattered around. And besides, Lopez will be jumping up to 140 soon for TR.

Comment

Haymon don't want the fight. Its not even worth talking about right now.

Comment

Yeah, Haymon definitely doesn't control 140. I'm guessing he is including Prograis who is with Dibella, but he's not signed to Haymon.

140 is legitimately all scattered around. And besides, Lopez will be jumping up to 140 soon for TR.
            Never been impressed with Ramirez. I Think Lopez has a chance of beating him in an nonstop action fight. Ramirez is a big guy though and we will see how Lopez's power translates at 140.

Comment

Never been impressed with Ramirez. I Think Lopez has a chance of beating him in an nonstop action fight. Ramirez is a big guy though and we will see how Lopez's power translates at 140.
              Definitely a fight we can soon or maybe Arum serves up Ramirez to Crawford late 2020.

Comment

Definitely a fight we can soon or maybe Arum serves up Ramirez to Crawford late 2020.
                Ramirez don't want that work. Maybe Prograis if they make him a good offer. If Prograis wins the tournament it would be good for Crawford to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                  Haymon don't want the fight. Its not even worth talking about right now.
                  The seeds are already being planted I see.

Comment

Ramirez don't want that work. Maybe Prograis if they make him a good offer. If Prograis wins the tournament it would be good for Crawford to fight him.
                    Crawford vs Prograis would definitely be good if Prograis wins the WBSS tournament. Heck, Prograis vs Ramirez would be good as well.

Arum will have to get creative if Crawford is unable to get the PBC WWs. If he is, obviously then he will be fine. LIS, if I'm Team Crawford, I'm circling back to the DSG talks and trying to give them an offer they can't refuse and go from there. And if they can't get DSG, then go after Ugas. There is some amateur history between Crawford and Ugas I believe.

Comment

Crawford vs Prograis would definitely be good if Prograis wins the WBSS tournament. Heck, Prograis vs Ramirez would be good as well.

Arum will have to get creative if Crawford is unable to get the PBC WWs. If he is, obviously then he will be fine. LIS, if I'm Team Crawford, I'm circling back to the DSG talks and trying to give them an offer they can't refuse and go from there. And if they can't get DSG, then go after Ugas. There is some amateur history between Crawford and Ugas I believe.
                      In all honesty for it looks like Crawford will have to pull the best of 140 to make fights. Taylor, Hooker(I know they're friends), and Prograis would all be credible wins against large 140 pounders that could all easily fight at 147. Same for Ramirez. Ugas would be a great win, we all know he is better than Porter and possibly Garcia. Danny is a name but I would bet all of my points that Ugas beats him just like he beat Porter.

Comment

Working...
                      X