No announcement yet.

Can someone please explain to me why Lomachenko NEEDS Teofimo Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Okay, so now this is a totally different discussion and I'm not sure how you can imply all that from what I said lol.

But I actually give Lopez a better shot than any of the fighters you named to beat Lomachenko. His style/size/strength is going to be a huge problem for Lomachenko.

Berchelt? Solid fight but that fight goes only one way.

Farmer? He has little to no shot against Lomachenko.

Commey fight is perfectly fine. No problem with it.

I'd love the Mikey fight, that is still a mega fight with two top 10 P4P fighters.

I've been calling for Davis' team to put him in with Lomachenko for a while. I think that is a very competitive fight that Davis probably loses a close decision. But that loss by no means hurts his stock or hurts him in the future, in fact it does the opposite.

And speaking of Davis and Garcia, those fights are a lot a whole a lot harder to make than the Lopez fight. I'd love for a lot of the fights to happen you mentioned but for one reason or another, some of them won't happen anytime soon.
    The guys listed are actually experienced fighters with good boxing pedigree, a win over those guys are more valuable for Lomachenko. You are only basing Lopez on mere assumption on his overall abilities, thinking that he could "possibly" pose a problem to Lomachenko just because he looked good against scrubs. The guy has only 12 fights, let the guy build more experience instead of throwing him to the wolves. I would be the first to be on board with a fight between Loma and Lopez once Lopez beats a notable fighter and has a belt. As it is right now Lopez is merely a prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
      The guys listed are actually experienced fighters with good boxing pedigree, a win over those guys are more valuable for Lomachenko. You are only basing Lopez on mere assumption on his overall abilities, thinking that he could "possibly" pose a problem to Lomachenko just because he looked good against scrubs. The guy has only 12 fights, let the guy build more experience instead of throwing him to the wolves. I would be the first to be on board with a fight between Loma and Lopez once Lopez beats a notable fighter and has a belt. As it is right now Lopez is merely a prospect.
      But it Lopez that wants it, so what's the issue here? If you are a special fighter, then you are a special fighter regardless of the inexperience per se. Who did Mayweather beat before beating Genaro Hernandez for the title? Lopez isn't going to get beat up against Lomachenko, he may get out boxed and lose a decision but so what? This isn't a case where the young fighter is in danger of getting damaged for the future.

And the whole point of Lopez wanting the fight now is because he knows he can't make 135 for long. He will be moving up to 140 and eventually 147 which will kill the fight for good.

Comment

Why do people keep saying Lopez only has 12 fights? How many pro fights does Loma have? It's not like those are the only boxing experience that Lopez has. What's the problem? Rather, what's the fear?

One reason people want this fight is because it's the easiest one to make among all the named fighters. The rest of the lightweight division is full of cans as well, as is the norm in most other divisions.

Some people here sound like Loma Protection Team.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING;19644642[B
          ]But it Lopez that wants it, so what's the issue here?[/B] If you are a special fighter, then you are a special fighter regardless of the inexperience per se. Who did Mayweather beat before beating Genaro Hernandez for the title? Lopez isn't going to get beat up against Lomachenko, he may get out boxed and lose a decision but so what? This isn't a case where the young fighter is in danger of getting damaged for the future.

And the whole point of Lopez wanting the fight now is because he knows he can't make 135 for long. He will be moving up to 140 and eventually 147 which will kill the fight for good.
          Does he? Why is he so quick to jump to 140? If he wants the fight become mandatory and he'll get the fight. He won't get it going to 140.

Comment

When did they start hyping Lopez? Just after Mikey Garcia got totally dominated and looked lackluster. Oh damn, Mikey is not what we hyped him up to be, he wont beat Loma, we need to find somebody else. They hate seeing a none American fighter on top of the sport.

Thats US Media for you, they always try to hype another American or Mexican fighter up to create new narratives. Lopez hasnt fought anybody and its just the poor state of other US/MX talent that they have to bring up the name of a 21 year old newbie who has not beaten anybody with a pulse.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
              When did they start hyping Lopez? Just after Mikey Garcia got totally dominated and looked lackluster. Oh damn, Mikey is not what we hyped him up to be, he wont beat Loma, we need to find somebody else. They hate seeing a none American fighter on top of the sport.

Thats US Media for you, they always try to hype another American or Mexican fighter up to create new narratives. Lopez hasnt fought anybody and its just the poor state of other US/MX talent that they have to bring up the name of a 21 year old newbie who has not beaten anybody with a pulse.
              Bring on a good ole boy then.....OH THEY CANT FIGHT

Comment

But it Lopez that wants it, so what's the issue here? If you are a special fighter, then you are a special fighter regardless of the inexperience per se. Who did Mayweather beat before beating Genaro Hernandez for the title? Lopez isn't going to get beat up against Lomachenko, he may get out boxed and lose a decision but so what? This isn't a case where the young fighter is in danger of getting damaged for the future.

Everyone who wants to make a name for themselves say that they want it.

I'm confident that Lomachenko is confident that he can beat Lopez but he doesnt care to. It's just like his fight against Rigo. He knew he wouldnt get any credit and no one gave him any credit.

Did you see the narrative before Loma vs Rigo? Its the same **** as this.

Loma goes out and beats Lopez convincingly and oh, lomachenko is all of a sudden scared to fight no one but bums. Lopez only had 13 fights. Lopez is green. Lopez got drained. Blah blah blah.

Loma has stated over and over again that his goal is to unify. The best way for Lopez to get a shot at Lomachenko is to grab a belt instead if whining for a chance he doesnt deserve.

People will always find a way to hate on you. People have agendas.

Some people seriously think Lomachenko is cherry picking Crolla because Crolla is a bum. When in reality if he didnt fight crolla he would be stripped of the WBA belt. Thats pretty counter productive when your goal is to unify and the other champions are injured or not available.

If Lopez is serious about fighting Lomachenko then his best shot is to probably fight Luke Campbell for a shot at the WBC title. If not then fight someone like Pedraza.

Those two fights will tell us a lot about him. Then the fight could still get done by the end if the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
                  Everyone who wants to make a name for themselves say that they want it.

I'm confident that Lomachenko is confident that he can beat Lopez but he doesnt care to. It's just like his fight against Rigo. He knew he wouldnt get any credit and no one gave him any credit.

Did you see the narrative before Loma vs Rigo? Its the same **** as this.

Loma goes out and beats Lopez convincingly and oh, lomachenko is all of a sudden scared to fight no one but bums. Lopez only had 13 fights. Lopez is green. Lopez got drained. Blah blah blah.

Loma has stated over and over again that his goal is to unify. The best way for Lopez to get a shot at Lomachenko is to grab a belt instead if whining for a chance he doesnt deserve.

People will always find a way to hate on you. People have agendas.

Some people seriously think Lomachenko is cherry picking Crolla because Crolla is a bum. When in reality if he didnt fight crolla he would be stripped of the WBA belt. Thats pretty counter productive when your goal is to unify and the other champions are injured or not available.

If Lopez is serious about fighting Lomachenko then his best shot is to probably fight Luke Campbell for a shot at the WBC title. If not then fight someone like Pedraza.

Those two fights will tell us a lot about him. Then the fight could still get done by the end if the year.
                  Once again, why are you so worried about this or why should Lomachenko worry about getting credit for the win? Please tell me the type of credit he is going to get in beating Crolla. I keep repeating these fights because you damn well know Lomachenko isn't getting too much credit for these wins.

It shouldn't bother Lomachenko at all if people say after the fight, "Well, Teofimo was too green" or "He wasn't ready yet." Lomachenko will still get to shut up a family who has been trashing him for damn near a year now and he will get a very good payday in doing so.

Comment

Once again, why are you so worried about this or why should Lomachenko worry about getting credit for the win? Please tell me the type of credit he is going to get in beating Crolla. I keep repeating these fights because you damn well know Lomachenko isn't getting too much credit for these wins.

It shouldn't bother Lomachenko at all if people say after the fight, "Well, Teofimo was too green" or "He wasn't ready yet." Lomachenko will still get to shut up a family who has been trashing him for damn near a year now and he will get a very good payday in doing so.
                    Please tell me exactly what is Loma going to gain out of a fight with Lopez LEGACY WISE? Lopez literally has nothing on the table compared to the guys I already mentioned. It's a waste of time for Loma to fight a prospect when he could be going after more belts and unify. The fight with Crolla is merely a stay busy fight after Commey got injured. He's not getting any credit for a win over Crolla.

Comment

What makes lopez special? Lopez has done nothing as an amateur or as a pro, absolutely nothing. He lost in the first round of the olympics. Theres plenty of fighters in every division who look like a million dollars against bums. I seem to recall gary russell was prospect of the year, was looking sensational (agaisnt better opposition than lopez) and was gonna beat loma then he got whooped.

Comment

Working...
                      X