Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Spence eventually make adjustments to make the Crawford fight happen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Except he didn't likely take a pay cut, a point made blatantly clear by your immediate move to take a bet over a $3m purse to a bet over a $5m purse, lol.

Crawford-Khan isn't going to break 200k PPV buys.
    We don't know if he took a paycut. If his purse is less than $3m he definitively took a paycut. If his purse is $3.5m he still may've taken a paycut.

We don't know if Khan was originally offered $3m and negotiated to $5m. So it makes one wonder if Danny could've been getting that $5m + PPV that Khan is getting

In any case Danny will earn less fighting Terrence than whatever he earns fighting Granados

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      You gotta give Crawford a chance against Khan first to say who is the A-side, that's all.

I even said we are heading towards a clear A-side, but can't say that before the actual PPV in a few weeks.

Bud re-signing with TR was fine. He feels comfortable there and got a great offer. But he could do more than you actually think here, especially once it becomes clear that Spence is the A-side. He can tell Arum to send him there to make the fight and he's not taking a no for an answer.
      Mikey sat on the shelf for two years because he wasn't down with following what Arum wanted to do.

Do you honestly think that Arum would have any qualms sitting Crawford down if Crawford tried to dictate how Arum does his business?

Comment

Okay, so this time around come with an offer that is in the ballpark of Khan's offer and negotiate from there. Once again, when did I say Garcia is a great fighter? He's certainly a much bigger name than other options Crawford has and is a good fighter. Of course Crawford will be the favourite over him, doesn't mean the fight isn't much better than Mean Machine or Collazo.

And again, they reached to Angel who according to himself hasn't made one fight for Danny. So if they were serious, they would have reached out to Haymon or one his guys who make fights for him like DeCubas.

But let's stop talking about the past. Let's talk about what TR should do after April 20.
        The talk about Danny being good was toward poppaCUCK who rates the WW highly and he's corny for Temp Banning me (prolly gonna perm ban now cause he's a child) AND reset my Rep to -65,000...like a Passive Aggressive WOMAN.

Anyhow you don't see the point I'm making. Khan might've been offered $3m and NEGOTIATED to $5m. The Garcia bros never acknowledged the $3m offer. They didn't want the fight. Period. Never even responded in any way.

Danny could've said $10m minimum and priced himself out, but saved some face doing so. Instead he flat out ignored it and went on to fight some nobody that's lost every meaningful fight in his career. And he'll earn LESS doing it. That's the definition of a DUCK.

Top Rank has already made clear that they want good fights for Crawford
        • They offered PBC fighter PPV bout with upside
        • They offered and signed fight with MatchRoom fight on PPV with upside

Meanwhile Errald Spencer won't even entertain the possibility of fighting Crawford because "accross the road". It's pathethic

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
          Well that was last PPV and this is this PPV. Is that really your logic? Funny...

I didn't try to move anything. There's no way of knowing how many PPV buys Terrence v Danny would do since its not happening. But I'd be surprised if Danny makes more than $3m against Granados
          Crawford's PPV is in two weekends; the initial projections aren't instantaneous, but the general reliable sources should have their first read on the numbers by Wednesday/Thursday. Have fun with that.

Comment

Crawford's PPV is in two weekends; the initial projections aren't instantaneous, but the general reliable sources should have their first read on the numbers by Wednesday/Thursday. Have fun with that.
            I dont know why you WOULDNT want the PFP #1 fighter in the world to do well

Anyhow I WONT be buying PPV bc ILL BE AT THE FIGHT!! SO STOKED.

Originally Canelo and Jacobs were considering Barclays/MSG (obviously went LV)...Ca$hnelo was obv option #1

Then Fury and Wilder were gonna do NY. Would've been a boring fight again, BUT HWs are such freaks and Fury is a character...that was option #2

Settling for option #3 TC (#1 PFP) versus anyone..and the fact that its Amir Khan makes it more exciting. Likely going to see a KD or KO

Cant wait !

Comment

Mikey sat on the shelf for two years because he wasn't down with following what Arum wanted to do.

Do you honestly think that Arum would have any qualms sitting Crawford down if Crawford tried to dictate how Arum does his business?
              Mikey tried getting out of his contract, that won't be the case here. Crawford will just give orders to Arum to make the fight even if he has to fight on FOX or SHO. Crawford has shown his loyalty to TR/Arum, so don't think the two comparisons are nearly the same.

Comment

The talk about Danny being good was toward poppaCUCK who rates the WW highly and he's corny for Temp Banning me (prolly gonna perm ban now cause he's a child) AND reset my Rep to -65,000...like a Passive Aggressive WOMAN.

Anyhow you don't see the point I'm making. Khan might've been offered $3m and NEGOTIATED to $5m. The Garcia bros never acknowledged the $3m offer. They didn't want the fight. Period. Never even responded in any way.

Danny could've said $10m minimum and priced himself out, but saved some face doing so. Instead he flat out ignored it and went on to fight some nobody that's lost every meaningful fight in his career. And he'll earn LESS doing it. That's the definition of a DUCK.

Top Rank has already made clear that they want good fights for Crawford
                • They offered PBC fighter PPV bout with upside
                • They offered and signed fight with MatchRoom fight on PPV with upside

Meanwhile Errald Spencer won't even entertain the possibility of fighting Crawford because "accross the road". It's pathethic
                Errol Spence won't entertain the possibility of facing Crawford? He just said after the Garcia fight the fight will happen regardless of it being the most difficult to make since Mayweather/Pacquiao eventually ended up happening.

If you want to use quotes like that, then you can say Crawford isn't rushing for the fight either since he just told Iole he is perfectly fine never fighting any of the top PBC WWs since he's making a great living for his family.

So all that crap aside, if the fight is going to happen it will either happen if the fight becomes big enough for it to do nearly a million buys or one side has to concede their fighter.

As for Garcia, the call was made to Angel. Let's see what happens this time with the offer starting at 5-6M and the call being made to Haymon. I mean Garcia may still not want it or the fight may not still happen, but it will hold a lot more credence than just calling Angel f'n Garcia and giving him an offer like he makes any fights for Danny.

Anyways, you said Crawford has a lot of options. Tell me about his options. Say it isn't a PBC WW, what are his options for the next two years? And would that offer be better Danny Garcia? All I said is they should make a better and improved offer to Garcia after April 20 assuming both win of course. Maybe I'm just not seeing all these options that you keep mentioning for Crawford.

Comment

Errol Spence won't entertain the possibility of facing Crawford? He just said after the Garcia fight the fight will happen regardless of it being the most difficult to make since Mayweather/Pacquiao eventually ended up happening.

If you want to use quotes like that, then you can say Crawford isn't rushing for the fight either since he just told Iole he is perfectly fine never fighting any of the top PBC WWs since he's making a great living for his family.

So all that crap aside, if the fight is going to happen it will either happen if the fight becomes big enough for it to do nearly a million buys or one side has to concede their fighter.
                  I agree with all of this. This whole discussion started because people like you suggest Terrence has "no options". How does he have "NO OPTIONS" if Errald can't get a fight with guys from HIS OWN PROMOTIONAL COMPANY..yet Errald still "has options".

No. They're the same. A duck is a duck.

Porter whining about IBF rankings or Danny talking trash on Twitter before GHOSTING are the same thing...

And why would Arum contact Haymon? Haymon isn't actually a promoter. He's an advisor. Angel/Danny aren't their own bosses? They need Daddy Haymon to approve of everything they do? The fuck?????????????

As for Garcia, the call was made to Angel. Let's see what happens this time with the offer starting at 5-6M and the call being made to Haymon. I mean Garcia may still not want it or the fight may not still happen, but it will hold a lot more credence than just calling Angel f'n Garcia and giving him an offer like he makes any fights for Danny.
                  Again, Haymon isn't actually a promoter. So whose actually making the fights? I know they all hide behind Daddy Al, but surely they have some say in their fights? Kind of like how Crawford told Arum "No" for Collazo and requested Danny G/Khan.

Anyways, you said Crawford has a lot of options. Tell me about his options. Say it isn't a PBC WW, what are his options for the next two years? And would that offer be better Danny Garcia? All I said is they should make a better and improved offer to Garcia after April 20 assuming both win of course. Maybe I'm just not seeing all these options that you keep mentioning for Crawford.
                  Bop Arum has begun offering $3-5m (with PPV upside) to fighters even if they are with other promo companies. That's how you make fights happen. That's how you make options happen. People that refuse those options, like your girls Deyonce, Errald, Danny Gift, Keith Next Time, and MMAPorter...they are the frauds of boxing and in a five year's time will be forgotten. Danny will be Berto level/gatekeeper, MMAPorter will remain just below champion level, and Keith will become something similar to a Paulie if he doesn't outright retire.

What is your reading level? Because you've quoted me about 3-4 times and keep missing the SAME TWO LINES OF TEXT.

WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT AMIR KHAN WAS OFFERED INITIALLY. WE KNOW KHAN MAKES $5M + PPV. We don't know if that came after some "negotiation". We do know Danny G was offered $3m + PPV. It is possible BOTH GUYS WERE OFFERED THE SAME THING...KHAN "NEGOTIATED" HIGHER PAY. It's really NOT rocket science.

It is also possible that Khan was simply offered more, but - again - WE DON'T KNOW. We only know for sure what Danny G was initially offered and what Khan is receiving.

Comment

I agree with all of this. This whole discussion started because people like you suggest Terrence has "no options". How does he have "NO OPTIONS" if Errald can't get a fight with guys from HIS OWN PROMOTIONAL COMPANY..yet Errald still "has options".

No. They're the same. A duck is a duck.

Porter whining about IBF rankings or Danny talking trash on Twitter before GHOSTING are the same thing...

And why would Arum contact Haymon? Haymon isn't actually a promoter. He's an advisor. Angel/Danny aren't their own bosses? They need Daddy Haymon to approve of everything they do? The fuck?????????????

Again, Haymon isn't actually a promoter. So whose actually making the fights? I know they all hide behind Daddy Al, but surely they have some say in their fights? Kind of like how Crawford told Arum "No" for Collazo and requested Danny G/Khan.

Bop Arum has begun offering $3-5m (with PPV upside) to fighters even if they are with other promo companies. That's how you make fights happen. That's how you make options happen. People that refuse those options, like your girls Deyonce, Errald, Danny Gift, Keith Next Time, and MMAPorter...they are the frauds of boxing and in a five year's time will be forgotten. Danny will be Berto level/gatekeeper, MMAPorter will remain just below champion level, and Keith will become something similar to a Paulie if he doesn't outright retire.

What is your reading level? Because you've quoted me about 3-4 times and keep missing the SAME TWO LINES OF TEXT.

WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT AMIR KHAN WAS OFFERED INITIALLY. WE KNOW KHAN MAKES $5M + PPV. We don't know if that came after some "negotiation". We do know Danny G was offered $3m + PPV. It is possible BOTH GUYS WERE OFFERED THE SAME THING...KHAN "NEGOTIATED" HIGHER PAY. It's really NOT rocket science.

It is also possible that Khan was simply offered more, but - again - WE DON'T KNOW. We only know for sure what Danny G was initially offered and what Khan is receiving.
                    So, for the last time, and let's say Crawford can't get any PBC fighters, what are his options for say the next two years? Simple question, just answer that.

And don't try to act stupid, you damn well know Haymon and his team make fights. Angel himself said in an interview he has NEVER made a fight for Danny and his team always makes them for them. And the team he is referring to right now is obviously Haymon. If we're going to act stupid here, we can just end the conversation here.

Okay, you said we don't know what Khan was offered initially? Cool, that is true. We do however know what Garcia was offered. And we do have a guess in the neighborhood of what Khan is receiving for this fight. So after this fight, the offer TR needs to send has to be in the ballpark of Khan is receiving, if not more. That has to be the starting point. And essentially that was my point.

Comment

So, for the last time, and let's say Crawford can't get any PBC fighters, what are his options for say the next two years? Simple question, just answer that.

And don't try to act stupid, you damn well know Haymon and his team make fights. Angel himself said in an interview he has NEVER made a fight for Danny and his team always makes them for them. And the team he is referring to right now is obviously Haymon. If we're going to act stupid here, we can just end the conversation here.

Okay, you said we don't know what Khan was offered initially? Cool, that is true. We do however know what Garcia was offered. And we do have a guess in the neighborhood of what Khan is receiving for this fight. So after this fight, the offer TR needs to send has to be in the ballpark of Khan is receiving, if not more. That has to be the starting point. And essentially that was my point.
                      Agreed. Good post. Let's hope the best fights get made

Comment

Working...
                      X