Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAZN or SHOWTIME PPV for Joshua v Wilder ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s another big hurdle for this fight to be made. I don’t see either side budging on where the fight happens. Maybe they can come to some special agreement where you can order the fight from either Showtime or DAZN where on DAZN they have a PPV price just for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
      AJ is in the wrong on this. Everyone with a brain knows it makes zero business sense on Dead Zone
      How do you come up with this kind of conclusion? Are you drunk on dick?

DAZN = $20/month

PPV = $75-$100 for one event

AJ is 2nd biggest Boxing attraction, behind Canelo who also fights under DAZN banner

Showtime/HBO/FOX/PBC/CBS are not good for fans. 20$/month...and then cancel. What's so confusing about that?

Why would you WANT to pay more?

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
        I don't care personally where it is, there is no Showtime here and we all know Americans will be happy to pay 100$ Showtime PPV for this fight instead of 20$ for DZNUTS. They can sell it for 100$ on Showtime as far as I care.
        Correct. As an American I don't understand why ANYONE would PREFER to pay more for - literally - the same thing...especially considering Wilder recent fights and scorecards...a draw against Fury (one card had Wilder dominating...which is absurd) and all three judges had Wilder ahead when he landed the Hail Mary on Ortiz (which is flat out WRONG).

I'd much rather see AJ not fight Wilder at all if it has to be Showtime/PBC. Wilder doesn't deserve the payday. And it's not even the payday Wilder's after. He passed up career high money (which he could not earn elsewhere with Bop, Al, or ANYONE) and told his fans he "wasn't ducking".

No, clown, you're afraid and ducking

Comment

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
          This is a big issue. I don’t see a hope in hell Haymon allows Joshua v Wilder to take place on DAZN and authorising the biggest fight a PBC Fighter is involved in to take place on DAZN.

Joshua v Wilder could be the fight that ignites Subscriptions for DAZN and gives them mainstream coverage. I just don’t see why Wilder/Haymon would allow it.

Which is why i think sooner or later, both will demand the fight can only take place on SHO PPV. Showtime made investments both on Joshua (before he left) and Wilder. Showtime would not be happy with Haymon, this is why they are involved in the Boxing Buisness, to get these PPV type of fights.

It’s not as simple as both SHO and DAZN making the biggest offers. Two completely different buisness models, one’s a flat fee the other is PPV Numbers. Wilder says he wants 50/50 and wants to know how much Joshua is making, that can only happen through the fight taking place on PPV (as PPV involves public percentage splits and guaranteed fees in case the PPV Flops. So both fighters will know what eachother is projected to earn)
          DAZN will surely keep the contracts with each fighter private.

Wilder’s management says they don’t want to leave any money on the table. PPV is the only way that can be prevented. Imagine if DAZN guarantees both 50M, and on PPV it could’ve done 2M Buys. That’s lost revenue for everyone not just the fighters.

DAZN got Hearn along to get the AJ v Wilder fight on DAZN as probably one of the biggest reasons why.
          Showtime hasn’t made heavy investments in Wilder for no reason. I see a impediment arising...

For fans obviously being on DAZN would be the preference, but that’s not how the Boxing Buisness works, never has, never will
          Showtime made heavy investments in Wilder? How, by paying him a pittance his whole career?

Anyhow, Wilder can keep fighting bums off PPV on Showtime for low money (Unless Showtime want to keep losing tens of millions on him by giving him money way beyond what he generates) While AJ can keep fighting the best who are willing and picking up big pay cheques. It's fine by me. I don't even want the fight any more. I've had about as much as i can take from Wilder now. He's killed this fight for me. I just want him to **** off back to where he belongs so i don't have to hear his delusion any more. It's just sickening at this point.

Comment

I would personally rather see it be on DAZN because it would be much cheaper but I just want to see the fight period. But the people advocating for it to be on PPV so they can pay more make me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              Matchroom wont promote a card on Showtime PPV as theyre exclusive to DAZN, and they wont be giving up control of the fight to PBC for it to happen on Showtime. Same goes for ESPN. As much as Hearn says it can happen anywhere, its nonsense, the fights only happen on Joshua's terms, being the A-side. The nest round of fights will solidify his status
              Firstly Whyte/Chisora was on showtime (Matchroom card), secondly this is the same scenario for everyone of the top 3 (Joshua, Wilder and Fury), every single one of them would want their fights on their own network. Why? Because of all the little advantages that you get. Do you see Finkel letting the shackles of Wilder to fight on DAZN or ESPN? Do you see Arum letting Fury fight on DAZN or Showtime? Nope.... So your post applies to all those three HW.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Firstly Whyte/Chisora was on showtime (Matchroom card), secondly this is the same scenario for everyone of the top 3 (Joshua, Wilder and Fury), every single one of them would want their fights on their own network. Why? Because of all the little advantages that you get. Do you see Finkel letting the shackles of Wilder to fight on DAZN or ESPN? Do you see Arum letting Fury fight on DAZN or Showtime? Nope.... So your post applies to all those three HW.
                Arum would co promote on a showtime card he done it before if the fight is on DAZN it would be a Matchroom card since PBC and toprank wouldn't put their other fighters on undercard on DAZN only

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  Arum would co promote on a showtime card he done it before if the fight is on DAZN it would be a Matchroom card since PBC and toprank wouldn't put their other fighters on undercard on DAZN only
                  That’s not the question here, the question is about the big three networks aligned with Fury/Wilder/AJ allowing their own fighter to go and fight on the other networks. Arum signed Fury to an exclusive ESPN deal, contract wise Fury can NOT fight on showtime or DAZN... His fights cannot be broadcast on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    That’s not the question here, the question is about the big three networks aligned with Fury/Wilder/AJ allowing their own fighter to go and fight on the other networks. Arum signed Fury to an exclusive ESPN deal, contract wise Fury can NOT fight on showtime or DAZN... His fights cannot be broadcast on them.
                    I'm sure ESPN and Showtime can share a fight I'm not so sure DAZN can share a fight

But Wilder and AJ are not signed with a network as far as I know

Comment

It's available in HD for free via streaming regardless of where it goes. I subscribe to DAZN since I'm fine with their business model and find it reasonable. I'm not paying for any single-fight PPV.

Comment

Working...
                      X