Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most biased refereeing you've ever seen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CineScape View Post
    Some Ref in Germany that warned a fighter from the U.S. not to hit the Germany based fighter in the face. When I saw that, I literally lost my ****. Lmao...
    Are you misremembering the Reid-Ottke fight?

I've noticed that a large % of the picks are from US-based fights, which naturally more people have seen.

I can think of worse examples (than the majority, anyway... not worse than Russell Mora) that have taken place in unpublicised bouts in remote corners of Europe.

It makes me wonder how it goes in places we don't see as much... does this happen 24/7 in Indonesia, for example?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      Are you misremembering the Reid-Ottke fight?

I've noticed that a large % of the picks are from US-based fights, which naturally more people have seen.

I can think of worse examples (than the majority, anyway... not worse than Russell Mora) that have taken place in unpublicised bouts in remote corners of Europe.

It makes me wonder how it goes in places we don't see as much... does this happen 24/7 in Indonesia, for example?
      Yup. It was the Reid-Ottke fight. That was ridiculousness at its finest.

Comment

No, I was joking about your misuse of the term "bias". It's a very Fat Yankistanian thing.

"bias" is a thing you can have, not be. You can't be "bias", you can be biased.
        In not American lol, I'm Dutch. English is not even my native language so I didn't know that

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
          Salido vs Lomachenko. That was a fu#king joke. Ref helped Salido scrape out the W with allowing Salido to throw hundreds of lowblows throughout the rounds. Even saved him from getting KO'd in the end. Very strange and bias refereeing from the awful Lawrence Cole.
          Salido landed enough low blows to be DQ'd and it's amazing how so many on this site try to downplay it (it's pretty obvious why when you see who argues in favor of Salido). There was a moment in the last round where Salido landed 3 low blows within 10 seconds or so right in a position where Cole could see and he said nothing.

Salido Loma daddy doe! Loma holding doe!

Comment

Originally posted by CineScape View Post
            Yup. It was the Reid-Ottke fight. That was ridiculousness at its finest.
            It turns out he was warning Reid for hitting with the inside of his glove which is illegal. But I can't remember if he actually hit him with the inside of the glove.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
              In not American lol, I'm Dutch. English is not even my native language so I didn't know that
              Oh, okay, so I've been able to help you with something today.

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              It turns out he was warning Reid for hitting with the inside of his glove which is illegal. But I can't remember if he actually hit him with the inside of the glove.
              I must admit, the last time I saw it (I've seen it twice, both times in disbelief) ISTR I didn't recall that particular moment as being as bad. The rest of it though. I'm sure at one point Reid was warned for a low blow off a head shot, or I could be exaggerating.

I did warm to Reid after that fight, where he laughed it off, and saying even if his mum (mom, Fat Yanks) and sister were the judges he still wouldn't have won over there.

I think he might have done a routine about "I'd have to knock him out to get a draw" as well.

Here's a video of ref highlights if anyone hasn't seen it:

Comment

I have no idea what the worst case is. These WTF moments are all too common and they blended together in my recollection. I did some YouTubing to refresh my memory and first one I came across I saw years ago. It was so bad the referee never officiated another fight. Agustus vs Burton. Augustus is the one who gets fouled several times and he's the guy who gets admonished and finally deducted a point. The kicker is, he loses the fight after winning most of the rounds and the official gets confused between a split decision and majority decision.
                Teddy Atlas had to explain it to the official. Just a magnificent display of incompetence all around.
                Last edited by TonyGe; 04-07-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Never saw that, absolutely astonishing.

Andrew Golota would be a world champ with that guy.

Oh dude he was terrible. For years he was criticized for early stoppages and then for some odd reason he lets Montiel continue after receiving a left hook from hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    Salido landed enough low blows to be DQ'd and it's amazing how so many on this site try to downplay it (it's pretty obvious why when you see who argues in favor of Salido). There was a moment in the last round where Salido landed 3 low blows within 10 seconds or so right in a position where Cole could see and he said nothing.

Salido Loma daddy doe! Loma holding doe!
                    Yeah that was outrageous.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      Joe Cortez during Mayweather vs. Hatton, he would not allow Hatton to get on the inside.
                      The nail in the coffin for this one was that soon after he let Hopkins clinch as much as he liked vs Calzaghe, another Brit.

Comment

Working...
                      X