It’s amazing how GGG hype deteriorated since Canelo Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
    He broke Brooks' face.

He dropped Jacobs in a close fight and the correct decision was given (I was there). Competitive close fight.

He beat Canelo in a one-sided fight in their first fight. The best middleweight out there right? It wasn't even close.

He beat Canelo in a much closer competitive fight in the rematch.

Any hype that has been lost has been because of the ******ed trolls on this forum and the horrible officiating that continues to hurt fighters in boxing.
    Couldn't have said it better, ohh yeah, I could:

******ed Racist trolls....

Comment

Getting a questionable decision that doesn't go your way and then being inactive for a significant period of time does that to you. The fact that he's fighting some bum as a tuneup doesn't help.

Plus, one of the reasons I liked and respected him is due to his work ethic. Even when he wasn't fighting, he was going around giving interviews, flying to this place or that, signing promotional pacts. Dude was very hard working. After the Canelo rematch, he completely disappeared off the face of the planet. The first time we've heard anything from/about him was like a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
        A third fight can be even better, assuming Golovkin doesn't show too much slowing down.
        Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        you are lying and misrepresenting the fight.
        forget bro. Canelo can win wide on all cards in the third fight and they'll claim robbery or excuses that he has aged or slowed down all while Pacquiao and Klitschko or even Floyd would still fight at GGG's age...

This is UFC boyhood type fans. Seriously

Comment

An ass whipping will do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
            forget bro. Canelo can win wide on all cards in the third fight and they'll claim robbery or excuses that he has aged or slowed down all while Pacquiao and Klitschko or even Floyd would still fight at GGG's age...

This is UFC boyhood type fans. Seriously
            So I ****ed up the punch stats. I don't have those numbers off the top of my head. And yes they fought at GGG's current age. Your point? Would you pick the versions of them in their later 30's to them in their late 20's or early 30's? No you wouldn't. People mention Golovkin's age and have been for several years because he's at that age where damn near every athlete performs either at a shell of their former self or at a noticeable difference, especially in boxing. You can pick a handful of guys who performed at a high level at a later age but that's against the thousands who haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
              We just need to ****ing get rid of dumb ****s like you.

This forum is complete ****ing garbage now.
              because I think he was overhyped by some around here and in the boxing world I'm the problem? I said he was a good fighter, I'm a fan. maybe you don't think he was hyped and we differ on that opinion. but does that really warrant you calling me a name? and maybe you need to leave the forum since its turning you into an internet thug who cant control his emotions.

Comment

It's ******..

The fights were so close it's hard to seperate the two

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                  What are you talking about? Most people saw him winning the rematch. We all know that he is getting older, but he is still considered a very good fighter by credible people.
                  No to nexsaw him winning that fight. Lol. His own corner told him he was losing during the fight. lol

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                    because I think he was overhyped by some around here and in the boxing world I'm the problem? I said he was a good fighter, I'm a fan. maybe you don't think he was hyped and we differ on that opinion. but does that really warrant you calling me a name? and maybe you need to leave the forum since its turning you into an internet thug who cant control his emotions.
                    You literally called a fighter better than Canelo 'over-hyped'. You're inexperienced and knowledgeable.

Stop saying ****** ****.

Comment

Like most hype jobs once they get exposed their bandwagon fans move on quickly.
                      GGG was looking great against scrubs but his legacy is when he stepped up the competition with Jacobs he looks average and then took a draw and an L to the current cash cow.
                      Canelo has his belts and legacy sitting on his mantle. After he beats that ass in a third fight GGG will barely be heard from again.

Comment

Working...
                      X