Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else think Usyk is in for a rude awakening at heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he will do fine. Whether he wins a belt or not we will see but he is plenty big enough and has enough pop. He doesn't set down on much. He is a volume type fighter but I don't think people will be walking through him once he lands a real shot. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does.

Comment

Usyk is the best boxer in the world, he should do fine in heavyweight division.

Comment

When did Usyk fight Wlodarczyk lmao?

And ofc we know Briedis was injured vs Noel Gevor. Gevor lost a SD to Wlodarczyk. Gassiev brutally KO'd Wlodarczyk in 3 rounds. Usyk beat Gassiev 12-0. I don't believe in triangle theories but yours doesn't hold up. Usyk would eat Mikaelian for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
          I thought Usyk’s fight with Briedis could have easily gone the other way and I thought Briedis got a huge gift in his fight against Mikaelian. I also thought Mikaelian beat Woldercyzk, one of Usyks best wins. So I personally believe Usky-Mikaelian could be a toss up.

I also thought the Bellew fight was too close when Usyk finally knocked him out.

Because of these things, I don’t consider Usyk to be the Superman he’s being billed as. I have a bad feeling he’s going to get beat by a heavyweight that isn’t supposed to beat him. I also don’t think he has a prayer against any of the big three.

Maybe he’ll be okay because his management could avoid taller heavyweights until a title shot. But I’m still not completely certain he’ll beat he’s shorter guys.

Thoughts?
          who??? are you trying to say Wlodarczyk? who usyk never fought? and even if he did he wouldnt be in his top 5 best wins..

you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
            I also thought Mikaelian beat Woldercyzk, one of Usyks best wins. So I personally believe Usky-Mikaelian could be a toss up.
            That's a weird stuff you wrote here. There're sites like boxrec to the rescue.
            Last edited by 7NN; 03-28-2019, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
              Usyk is more Holyfield than Byrd.....

Just saying.
              Usyk is nowhere near the level of an Evander Holyfield. Not even close. Beating up on C+/B- level guys in what is arguably the worst division in boxing does *not* put you on par with the Real Deal...

Comment

Id be surprised if he can accomplish as much as Chris byrd did.

Comment

Even though the Heavyweight division outside of the top-4 fighters is not really great? I think Usyk will find himself in trouble. 'His boxing skills are completely overrated' and I rate David Haye still as the best cruiser weight since Evander Holyfield.

Comment

a rude awakening yes, especially if he gets smacked by pulev

Comment

The key for Usyk is maintaining his high workrate and making sure the big lumps at HW dont tire him out early on.

He makes it into the second half of the fight still fresh, he will brutalise most of them with his workrate and superior ability to adapt.

People talk about power, his lack of it, his ability to take it from bigger men, but to be honest Im not that concerned for him. You will be surprised how hard a 210lb or so man can hit when he is fighting a slower more predictable opponent. Conversely, you will be surprised how little power a big lump can deliver when they arent 100% sure where there target is going to be, when their feet are always playing catch up and they cant get set.

Im not going to go too big with my predictions of him vs the top 3, but below that I have full confidence. Cant wait to see how he looks

Comment

Working...
                      X