Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Say what you want about Mikey Garcia but...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say what you want about Mikey Garcia but...

He came up from 135lbs, Spence, the best rated welterweight in his prime, had a 10-KO streak going and Mikey didn't even go down or was ever actually hurt from any punch landed.

"Surviving" might not mean much to many armchair experts but it is in fact a big deal that a lightweight was able to come up two weight classes, lose every single round, had 1000+ punches thrown at him, an he never was even close to going down.

Mikey's stock dropped slightly, but once the smoke clears and Mikey goes down to 140 and dominates, his stock will rise back up. JMM suffered a similar loss to Mayweather and he went down to 140 to get a few wins then KO'ed Pacquiao as the underdog 3 years later and I also thought he beat Bradley, outlanding him in power punches in 9 out of 12 rounds.

There are no moral victories in boxing. Anybody with a lot of experience can survive if thats their only goal. And comparing Garcia to Marquez is dumb. They are two different calibre of fighters.

Comment

he wasted everyones time and didnt try to win. thank you so much!

Comment

Marquez got clearly outboxed by Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
          Marquez got clearly outboxed by Bradley
          "Clearly", in a split decision loss where he outlanded Bradley in meaningful/power punches landed in 9 out of 12 rounds.

Bradley raising his hand in the air after the end of every round was a nice little psychological tactic but it only worked on weak minds. Marquez landed the better punches in more rounds than Bradley.

JMM was robbed.

Comment

More Mikey people making excuses.I can’t get the smell out of my living room after the stench Mikey left.

Comment

Had he not been so vocally confident with the outcome.
              Had he not stunk up the place with that beyond shltty performance

He deserves no accolades

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
                More Mikey people making excuses.I can’t get the smell out of my living room after the stench Mikey left.
                I knew this was a mismatch (picked Spence via ko) so I had the air freshener ready.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  He came up from 135lbs, Spence, the best rated welterweight in his prime, had a 10-KO streak going and Mikey didn't even go down or was ever actually hurt from any punch landed.

"Surviving" might not mean much to many armchair experts but it is in fact a big deal that a lightweight was able to come up two weight classes, lose every single round, had 1000+ punches thrown at him, an he never was even close to going down.

Mikey's stock dropped slightly, but once the smoke clears and Mikey goes down to 140 and dominates, his stock will rise back up. JMM suffered a similar loss to Mayweather and he went down to 140 to get a few wins then KO'ed Pacquiao as the underdog 3 years later and I also thought he beat Bradley, outlanding him in power punches in 9 out of 12 rounds.
                  Spence was right though. His ignorance and his team’s ignorance is the reason they ****** that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                    I knew this was a mismatch (picked Spence via ko) so I had the air freshener ready.
                    I know you did but I was one of the dummy’s who thought he would give a good account of himself.

Comment

Working...
                    X