Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher on your ATG list? Bernard Hopkins or Roy Jones?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who ranks higher on your ATG list? Bernard Hopkins or Roy Jones?

Now that both of their careers have OFFICIALLY come to an end, who ranks higher on your ATG list?

Jones
    72.55%
    Hopkins
    27.45%
    Last edited by HitmanTommy; 03-24-2019, 12:19 PM.

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
    Now that both of their careers have OFFICIALLY come to an end, who ranks higher on your ATG list?
    I’m biased I say rjj

Comment

Hopkins roy jones has not been champ since 2004 hopkins was winning titles in his 40s longevity is key hopkins edges it

Comment

Roy Jones Jr

Comment

Roy beat James Toney and Hopkins in their prime.

He also went from middleweight to heavyweight and won a title there, even if it was against a mediocre champ. That's crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post

He also went from middleweight to heavyweight and won a title there, even if it was against a mediocre champ. That's crazy.
            And he displayed a more talented skill level. The things he would do in the ring were almost super-human.

Comment

This isn't even close.

When they were in their primes Jones beat Hopkins.
              Hopkins was never acknowledged as the PvP champion. Jones held that unofficial title for a freakin' decade.
              Jones won titles all the way up to HW. Hopkins didn't.

The only criteria where Hopkins ever exceeded RJJ was the length of the prime of his career. But when both guys were champions for over a decade then that's not a really big selling point.

Comment

I just liked Roy better. But I honestly couldnt tell you who ranked higher. despite them both having wins over one another. i just know that there was a time where you could NEVER imagine that Roy would lose. Hopkins never had that quality. the best jones performance was better than the best hopkins performance if you asked me.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post

Prime?

Hopkins was still learning and Toney was weight drained. Jones avoided top prime fighters.

Comment

RJJ wanted nothing to do with Hopkins when both were prime. This is a fact.

Comment

Working...
                    X