Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtime says they are going to pay Wilder more than the $120 million DAZN offer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll eat my own left nut if Showtime gives Wilder more than 120m over 3 fights.

Comment

who cares??????????

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
        Yeah you are right. HBO was operating at a profit until they entered oblivion. SHO will follow suite if they are not careful and want to operate in an emotional model.
        DAZN will be out of business soon with their strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
          No, they are playing the long game here. Could they eventually adjust their boxing budget per se? Of course, maybe they start paying less for boxing going forward once they continue to add other sports. But they aren't just going to be a two or three year thing here. They have a worldwide operation and are here to stay. People confuse their boxing operation to their overall operation, especially worldwide. They will be spending MUCH more for other sports soon enough. Heck, they are already paying big bucks for a damn MLB nightly show that doesn't even air the actual games.

Comment

Not when they acquire NFL right.

Comment

I was told by some that is a bad strategy though and DAZN shouldn't spend so much money trying to get rights to the NFL......

Comment

So you think DAZN will be able to outbid Amazon Prime, Apple TV, Netflix, Facebook, Disney or Youtube(Google)?

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                No, they are playing the long game here. Could they eventually adjust their boxing budget per se? Of course, maybe they start paying less for boxing going forward once they continue to add other sports. But they aren't just going to be a two or three year thing here. They have a worldwide operation and are here to stay. People confuse their boxing operation to their overall operation, especially worldwide. They will be spending MUCH more for other sports soon enough. Heck, they are already paying big bucks for a damn MLB nightly show that doesn't even air the actual games.
                I'd agree with that, but they're giving out these long term contracts to fighters that seem foolish. They're locked in to pay Canelo $365 million over the next 5 years.

GGG is getting paid at least $15 million over 3 years. They were about to pay Wilder $100-120 million for 3/4 fights.

They have to drastically beat the competition to keep up with the purses. PBC and ESPN can do that while still staying in the green.
                Last edited by bballchump11; 03-26-2019, 12:58 PM. Reason: forgot to add Disney

Comment

So you think DAZN will be able to outbid Amazon Prime, Apple TV, Netflix, Facebook or Youtube(Google)?

I'd agree with that, but they're giving out these long term contracts to fighters that seem foolish. They're locked in to pay Canelo $365 million over the next 5 years.

GGG is getting paid at least $15 million over 3 years. They were about to pay Wilder $100-120 million for 3/4 fights.

They have to drastically beat the competition to keep up with the purses. PBC and ESPN can do that while still staying in the green.
                  But that to me is still short-term. Canelo being the exception, those other deals are two or three years. What they are trying to do is increase their subscribers in the fastest way possible and build their brand without having rights to other top sports league. So what is the solution? Corner the boxing market with majority of the biggest names in America. They aren't going to build their brand with freaking cricket or racing or whatever the hell else they have. They will rely on boxing along with the MLB nightly show, but even that isn't likely going to do it. But showing MEGA fights like Canelo/GGG III and Wilder/Joshua could do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
                    Right...because there is no revenue from ticket sales, international TV rights or sponsorships.

Worthless post.
                    I was putting DAZNs offer it to PPV sales to show how amazing it was.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      But that to me is still short-term. Canelo being the exception, those other deals are two or three years. What they are trying to do is increase their subscribers in the fastest way possible and build their brand without having rights to other top sports league. So what is the solution? Corner the boxing market with majority of the biggest names in America. They aren't going to build their brand with freaking cricket or racing or whatever the hell else they have. They will rely on boxing along with the MLB nightly show, but even that isn't likely going to do it. But showing MEGA fights like Canelo/GGG III and Wilder/Joshua could do the trick.
                      True I can see that reasoning. We'll see if that works.

Comment

Working...
                      X