Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN Reveals $99.99 Yearly Plan, Monthly Increase to $19.99

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    Probably Canelo-Jacobs and Canelo-GGG III
    I know those two, lol.

Name a third that you can think of though.

Have been a Showtime subscriber for a while now, but I believe that Showtime still gives you the free month trial, and I believe that they currently have a deal to help and push 'Desus and Mero' where you can get 6 months for $7 per month, with the rate going to $11 a month after that.

And you're looking at getting Wilder-Breazeale, Santa Cruz-Russell Jr, potentially a week-delayed Wilder-Joshua (if not then likely Wilder-Ortiz 2), potentially a week-delayed Thurman-Pacquiao, potentially Davis-Farmer, and a rather healthy fight schedule under that (can't really guess at the FOX/Showtime split, but the depth of the talent pool can't be scoffed at).

For basically the same $100, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
      This Spin Mode that some of you guys in is beyond HILARIOUS...

What is really funny though is that it is coming from people who are not even in America but yet they on this Campaign for DAZN and trying to say stuff like "This Is Great!" "This Is A Steal"

It is not just about us the Hardcore Boxing Fans, our subscriptions ALONE cannot maintain DAZN. They need to Casual Sport Fan to buy In and NO the Casual Sports fans are NOT Spending $99 for the year for a APP that they will only use 2-3 times a year to see Canelo No the Casual Sports fans in America gives NO F#CKS about AJ or GGG, not enough to get them to spend $20 a month or $99 a year

I mean we can just look by the Numbers, I love this Analytics Stuff...

When it comes to boxing it is just not adding up. Boxing doesn't have the right DEMO to expect fans to be OK with Paying $99 a year or $20 a month. Only way this works is if DAZN gets the rights to show NFL Games in America
      Boxing fans in America pay $100 for 1 fight. Canelo-Golovkin 3 would be a $100 PPV, you get a whole year for that. Only a ****** would try to say it's a bad deal.

DAZN is also in many countries not just America. They have a much bigger potential customer base than an American only TV channel.

Comment

• I've had DAZN since launch. These are the ways I evaluate it.

Cards -- Always an up and down affair, but mostly a WIN. Maybe things are a little better with the arrival of Golden Boy. Too many of Matchroom's cards have tended to pit the A side against patsies. Hearn has good talent but likes to play it safe. Overall, I've got my boxing fix a lot easier than waiting to stream or download fights after they're finished.

Streaming quality -- GREAT. Very little or no dropouts in the course of watching a four-hour card. That'll do.

Announcers -- MIXED BAG. Brian Kenney is a win. SRL and Sergio Mora? Neither has much to say. SRL tries to play it safe and Sergio....lol, he tries to keep up. The hipsters who dominate the rest of the broadcast are completely annoying.

Price -- Ten bucks was a steal. Twenty bucks? Too much. So why not just take the $99 deal and run?

Well, for one thing, nothing is ever guaranteed in this sport. Fighters come and go, many times when they least expect it. Injuries happen. Contracts get broken. Guys get in spats and sit out their prime years. (Hello, Dre.)

As for the long term health of the network, a lot will be made clearer in the wake of their spending spree for talent. Can they even afford Canelo and the rest? Can they attract subscribers? Is there anything like a big enough market for boxing to make all this big spending viable?

The sudden price hike says, Maybe not. It could reveal basic dishonesty. Or it could point to weakness in the business model, and perhaps even a crisis. We'll see and, I expect, before too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by gluvsup View Post
          I've had DAZN since launch. These are the ways I evaluate it.

Cards -- Always an up and down affair, but mostly a WIN. Maybe things are a little better with the arrival of Golden Boy. Too many of Matchroom's cards have tended to pit the A side against patsies. Hearn has good talent but likes to play it safe. Overall, I've got my boxing fix a lot easier than waiting to stream or download fights after they're finished.

Streaming quality -- GREAT. Very little or no dropouts in the course of watching a four-hour card. That'll do.

Announcers -- MIXED BAG. Brian Kenney is a win. SRL and Sergio Mora? Neither has much to say. SRL tries to play it safe and Sergio....lol, he tries to keep up. The hipsters who dominate the rest of the broadcast are completely annoying.

Price -- Ten bucks was a steal. Twenty bucks? Too much. So why not just take the $99 deal and run?

Well, for one thing, nothing is ever guaranteed in this sport. Fighters come and go, many times when they least expect it. Injuries happen. Contracts get broken. Guys get in spats and sit out their prime years. (Hello, Dre.)

As for the long term health of the network, a lot will be made clearer in the wake of their spending spree for talent. Can they even afford Canelo and the rest? Can they attract subscribers? Is there anything like a big enough market for boxing to make all this big spending viable?

The sudden price hike says, Maybe not. It could reveal basic dishonesty. Or it could point to weakness in the business model, and perhaps even a crisis. We'll see and, I expect, before too long.
          They probably saw that people pay for 1 month and cancel. Hike the monthly price up and it gives the incentive to buy the yearly sub. There was no incentive before. Even if there's only two PPV worthy fights a year the yearly sub is still good value for boxing fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Boxing fans in America pay $100 for 1 fight. Canelo-Golovkin 3 would be a $100 PPV, you get a whole year for that. Only a ****** would try to say it's a bad deal.

DAZN is also in many countries not just America. They have a much bigger potential customer base than an American only TV channel.
            Actually they will likely paying the $20 for when he is fighting then Cancel and repeat every time he fights. He only fights 2-3 times a year so you do the math. If he fights twice a year that is $40, if he fights 3 times a year that is $60

For the Hardcore Boxing Fan that watches all matches from Canelo vs Jacobs all the way down to watching a Italy or British Boxing Card full of guys they never heard of...Yeah it is GREAT for the Hardcore Boxing Fans!

The question is, how many Hardcore Boxing Fans exist in America? I would say NOT MANY which is unfortunate but it is true.

Aren't you British? You know sh#t about the US Market other than what "Eddie Hearn Tells You About It"

YES DAZN is more Global...However they clearly want to be successful in the US Market and they want to make a profit. They're not just giving these fighters all this money without caring about Subscribers and Views
            Last edited by sicko; 03-21-2019, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Actually they will likely paying the $20 for when he is fighting then Cancel and repeat every time he fights. He only fights 2-3 times a year so you do the math. If he fights twice a year that is $40, if he fights 3 times a year that is $60

For the Hardcore Boxing Fan that watches all matches from Canelo vs Jacobs all the way down to watching a Italy or British Boxing Card full of guys they never heard of...Yeah it is GREAT for the Hardcore Boxing Fans!

The question is, how many Hardcore Boxing Fans exist in America? I would say NOT MANY which is unfortunate but it is true.

Aren't you British? You know sh#t about the US Market other than what "Eddie Hearn Tells You About It"
              So they upped the 1 time price so the yearly sub looks more attractive. This is standard practice on all sub services, from phone contracts to gym memberships. There was no benefit before.

I know as much about the US boxing market as you. It all gets posted on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                So they upped the 1 time price so the yearly sub looks more attractive. This is standard practice on all sub services, from phone contracts to gym memberships. There was no benefit before.

I know as much about the US boxing market as you. It all gets posted on here.
                You know Sh#t stop it, I see your post all the time, you just go with whatever Eddie Hearn says

Push for DAZN UK and stop worrying about a US Market that you have ZERO Impact on

Comment

You know Sh#t stop it, I see your post all the time, you just go with whatever Eddie Hearn says

Push for DAZN UK and stop worrying about a US Market that you have ZERO Impact on
                  I know more about the US market than the UK. As i said US PPV #s etc all get posted on here. Saying idk is a very weak poor argument to deflect because you can't argue against what i posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                    Lol... Eddie Spaghetti... u P.O.S!!!! Lol. If u signed Wilder, I'll be like Samwell Tarley from Game of Thrones.."I yield, please, no more!. " Lol. I got a feeling big baby is going to spoil the party. Lol.
                    Big baby will wake up at the burger shop. He can't hear the final bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                      I suspect they assumed wilder would accept, Hearn seemed to think it was in place. They spent and spent and spent and nownits twice as expensive to join. Good luck trying to attract casuals now. They have zero advertising, no network option, and didn’t have the majority of boxing fans in the USA. Now they surely won’t.
                      why don't you enjoy your $75 and $100 ppv with pride when something way better is steering at you.
                      I understand high ppv is the only thing Americans got to brag about in boxing at the moment.
                      That aside, boxing is fccked state side.

Comment

Working...
                      X