Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Per Leon Muhammad, R Garcia hinted that Mikey fighting Spence was a "business decisn"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    So please tell me all the chances Marquez took, especially in the 2nd half of the fight. Let me help you out here, the smaller fighter in both cases couldn't close the distance or overcome the bigger fighters jab, that's why "zero chances" were took. How are you going to take chances without being able to close the distance? Do you want Mikey to just start coming in recklessly and leaving himself wide open? Both JMM and Mikey are counter punchers and it is extremely difficult to counter faster/quicker/longer/stronger fighters.
    Have you ever been in a boxing ring before ?Again I said don’t get yourself killed but take one or two chances.Leonard went into the Hearns fight expecting to out box the very dangerous Hearns .Hearns flipped the script on him and was outboxing leonard and was messing his eye up so if Mikey was Leonard he would have just accepted a dec. loss and not improvise because he might get hirt.But that didn’t happen did it he took chances and became the relentless aggressor and scored a dramatic knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
      Have you ever been in a boxing ring before ?Again I said don’t get yourself killed but take one or two chances.Leonard went into the Hearns fight expecting to out box the very dangerous Hearns .Hearns flipped the script on him and was outboxing leonard and was messing his eye up so if Mikey was Leonard he would have just accepted a dec. loss and not improvise because he might get hirt.But that didn’t happen did it he took chances and became the relentless aggressor and scored a dramatic knockout.
      So you didn't answer the question about JMM.

And Mikey is obviously not SRL, but those were two legitimate WWs.

He may have not ta ken the risks you wanted him to take, but he sure didn't look for a way out either. Didn't let his brother stop the fight and took a lot of shots late in the fight.

Comment

Did you ever see the Salvador Sanchez fight vs W Gomez.Gomez moved up to fight the bigger Sanchez and was getting outboxed out punched busted up was knocked down but never guit trying to turn the tide and kept taking chances as any proud undefeated champion would.If it was Mikey in there it would have turned into a survival clinic no later then the second round.W Gomez was a warrior- Mikey is a snowflake albeit a smart and wealthy one.You can’t make yourself out to be mr macho bad ass your whole career and then turn into a hoe when the going gets tough.

Comment

I don’t blame Mikey, he hit his peak and will only get older. He’s a very good fighter, but he’s not a fan friendly fighter, his style is too fundamental, too old school. So he’s going to take what he can get.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            So you didn't answer the question about JMM.

And Mikey is obviously not SRL, but those were two legitimate WWs.

He may have not ta ken the risks you wanted him to take, but he sure didn't look for a way out either. Didn't let his brother stop the fight and took a lot of shots late in the fight.
            Why is JMM the benchmark for Mikey the snowflake.JMM threw almost two hundred more punches than the flake did vs Spence while he was disappointing he took more chances and when he was hurt A few times he traded hard punches.Snowflake took zero chances.He caught criticism for the fight .Boxing is about imposing your will on the other fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
              Why is JMM the benchmark for Mikey the snowflake.JMM threw almost two hundred more punches than the flake did vs Spence while he was disappointing he took more chances and when he was hurt A few times he traded hard punches.Snowflake took zero chances.He caught criticism for the fight .Boxing is about imposing your will on the other fighter.
              JMM didn't take ANY big risk after the 6th round. He landed a nice punch in the 2nd round and Floyd put him down shortly after. Then it was just a one sided fight where JMM was content on just getting out boxed and losing a decision. Again, this is a guy with one of the biggest hearts of all time, and he took less punishment than Mikey did against Spence.

I used to JMM as an example because he was put in a similar situation and put up a similar performance. And NO one would ever question this man's heart. JMM had no problem taking 1000000s of risks against Pacquiao, yet didn't take any against Floyd. And there is a reason for that .

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                I told everyone a dozen times, in fact, MIKEY told everyone. Before the fight was announced Mikey said he was offered money he couldn't turn down for a fight that was "kinda crazy". He couldn't talk about it but was hoping to announce it soon. Then, the Spence fight discussions started.
                It was strictly for the money. And I say that as someone who has been a huge Garcia fan up until this BS.
                The fight was an automatic loss but I'm not mad at Mikey because he tried and I didn't pay for the fight anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                  BoxingIsGreat

ey bruh, this video is GOLD! One of the best uploads this week.

I think Loma Garcia is going to be a HUGE PPV.
                  Seems like this was all by design. Smarts moves by the Garcia camps, and Leon Muhammad shreds HAYMON and the PBC fighters in this video.
                  Thanks for the link, bro. I doubt this will ever happen. I don't see it. Mustafa looked kinda drunk. The brother was having fun!
                  Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 03-21-2019, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                    So they sell out Mikey who has a solid fan base and brought most of the fans and who was more accomplished and with a legacy fight that was winnable for him in Loma in the wings just for Spence to become a bigger star?

Now they’re doing the same but with a washed up, war torn legend in Pacquiao?

Why can’t Haymon make Floyd come out of retirement and fight Spence? That would be the fight to make Spence the star they want!

Smh
                    Of course PBC wants black Americans to succeed. Why do you think danny and ugas did not get the decision against porter?

Comment

Working...
                    X