Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Turchi vs. Olivier Tops Matchroom Italy Card, April 26 on DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Turchi vs. Olivier Tops Matchroom Italy Card, April 26 on DAZN

Matchroom Boxing Italy, Opi Since 82 and DAZN return to Florence on April 26 with the third instalment of their historic eight-year joint venture in Italy as rising star Fabio Turchi steps up again to fight for the WBC International Cruiserweight crown at the Tuscany Hall, shown live on DAZN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Decent card for Italy but nothing that uk or USA fans will be bothered about..

Comment

Just out of curiosity, who’s running the show in Matchroom Italy since fast Eddie seems to spend most of his time in the USA these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        Just out of curiosity, who’s running the show in Matchroom Italy since fast Eddie seems to spend most of his time in the USA these days?
        Matchroom works together with another boxing promoter "OPI since 82" in Italy.
        Eddie probably allows them to do their thing, gives them final approval for cards and has an opportunity to send some second rate UK fighters to fight for regional/minor titles against some italian boxers.

Im wondering when he is opening shop in germany though. Eddie talked about it, but still heard nothing new since.
        The german boxing market is there to take over and they start to have some decent prospects again (Though no champions and contenders anymore).

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
          Eddie probably allows them to do their thing, gives them final approval for cards and has an opportunity to send some second rate UK fighters to fight for regional/minor titles against some italian boxers.

Im wondering when he is opening shop in germany though. Eddie talked about it, but still heard nothing new since.
          The german boxing market is there to take over and they start to have some decent prospects again (Though no champions and contenders anymore).
          Cheers mate, had no idea about Italy. As for Deutschland, you’re right on all counts, it does seem to be a market worth exploiting, as does Denmark. But truth is that there doesn’t seem to be Ottke, Micalczewski, Maske, Rochigiani, Klitschko(S) type stars in Germany these days. Hearns following the big money

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post

They may be waiting on Klitschko, could be he'll be running the show over there. Some talk on Twitter hes been offered $80mil. It was said earlier in the year if he comes back his first fight would be in Germany. Couldn't be a better fighter to launch DAZN Germany boxing with to get immediate attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              Cheers mate, had no idea about Italy. As for Deutschland, you’re right on all counts, it does seem to be a market worth exploiting, as does Denmark. But truth is that there doesn’t seem to be Ottke, Micalczewski, Maske, Rochigiani, Klitschko(S) type stars in Germany these days. Hearns following the big money
              Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              They may be waiting on Klitschko, could be he'll be running the show over there. Some talk on Twitter hes been offered $80mil. It was said earlier in the year if he comes back his first fight would be in Germany. Couldn't be a better fighter to launch DAZN Germany boxing with to get immediate attention.
              I really hope so. Boxing in germany is nearly dead currently. No Big tv networks are showing any fights. It's only featured in regional networks with small budgets.

There was no talent coming in after the class of sturm, abraham, brähmer, klitschko and huck. The ones that they tried to build up all more or less failed at the international level (Zeuge, Feigenbutz, Culcay).

But they have some decent talent fighting out of germany right now:
              Schwarz, Kabayel, Barou, Michel, Raabi, Pfeiffer and Kadiru, Bunn.

Not everyone is going to pan out, but if they have at least 2-3 fighters who can compete at the international level, it will help boxing in germany tremendously.

Comment

Not as good as their first Italian card but much better than the crap they ran out there last time

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                  Not as good as their first Italian card but much better than the crap they ran out there last time
                  You know, I really enjoy these Italian cards on DAZN because I can pop them on a few days or even a week after the fight and still have no clue who won or what happened. It's hard for me to watch fights when I know the outcome. The skill level may not always be there but I find them entertaining. On those nights when I'm craving fights and nothing is on, I watch the Italian cards on DAZN.

Comment

Working...
                  X