Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce is Now The EBU Mandatory To Agit Kabayel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting one this. Hughie Fury has vacated the British title & the BBBofC are likely to announce who's to fight for the vacant title next month. So if Joyce takes this fight with Kabayel & Gorman/Dubois is sanctioned & excepted by Frank Warren, then we could actually end up with a good old fashioned British, European & Commonwealth title fight before the years out!!..

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
      Interesting one this. Hughie Fury has vacated the British title & the BBBofC are likely to announce who's to fight for the vacant title next month. So if Joyce takes this fight with Kabayel & Gorman/Dubois is sanctioned & excepted by Frank Warren, then we could actually end up with a good old fashioned British, European & Commonwealth title fight before the years out!!..
      Who would you fancy to be left standing at the end of that?

Comment

Joe your way behind buddy your a decent boxer but your window is closing.your not getting any younger.its time u make some real moves

Comment

Joe Joyce is Manuel Charr's mandatory, after beating Stiverne! I know he has some BS fight coming up, but after that it should be Charr!

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
            EBU title will do Joyce a great good but I fancy the WBA regular belt. It gives him more leverage to bigger fights.
            I think you're giving the WBA too much credit right now, tbh; with the four-man box-off to become the WBA mandatory to Anthony Joshua, and Joyce just getting the interim belt under a new name, that route isn't as rough as being WBC Silver champion, but it's not much better.

Joyce will likely take a fight under the Wilder-Breazeale bill in May; what's wrong with heading back to the UK and fighting for the EBU belt (possibly on ITV Box Office but for sure on ITV, with Showtime picking up the US rights for the show)?

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              I think you're giving the WBA too much credit right now, tbh; with the four-man box-off to become the WBA mandatory to Anthony Joshua, and Joyce just getting the interim belt under a new name, that route isn't as rough as being WBC Silver champion, but it's not much better.

Joyce will likely take a fight under the Wilder-Breazeale bill in May; what's wrong with heading back to the UK and fighting for the EBU belt (possibly on ITV Box Office but for sure on ITV, with Showtime picking up the US rights for the show)?
              i dnt think joyce has much interest in the EBU. He is looking ahead for a world title and WBA regular is the way forward. He is not getting any younger so he needs this big fights to happen as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post
                Who would you fancy to be left standing at the end of that?
                That's a very good question which hopefully get's answered in time. Personally I think it's a very close call & I can't actually pick a winner. For the good of the sport & the fans these fights have to happen.

Comment

i dnt think joyce has much interest in the EBU. He is looking ahead for a world title and WBA regular is the way forward. He is not getting any younger so he needs this big fights to happen as soon as possible.
                  The WBA regular is stuck in that 4-fighter dual for the mandated shot at AJ.

No one is saying that he put the WBA interim belt in the trash can, but this EBU shot apparently gives him a decent opponent, and another shot to headline at home.

Another tickover in May on Wilder's card, the EBU fight this summer in London, another step up this fall (Molina, Washington, Martin, Areola), and then the dangerous fight for Winter 2019.

Wilder is the target, he's settling his mandatory in May, and the next one won't be due until May 2020.

He should probably focus on being ready for that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    The WBA regular is stuck in that 4-fighter dual for the mandated shot at AJ.

No one is saying that he put the WBA interim belt in the trash can, but this EBU shot apparently gives him a decent opponent, and another shot to headline at home.

Another tickover in May on Wilder's card, the EBU fight this summer in London, another step up this fall (Molina, Washington, Martin, Areola), and then the dangerous fight for Winter 2019.

Wilder is the target, he's settling his mandatory in May, and the next one won't be due until May 2020.

He should probably focus on being ready for that day.
                    you have made valid points..... Am sure Joyce is on a rapid mission due to his age.

Comment

you have made valid points..... Am sure Joyce is on a rapid mission due to his age.
                      Most definitely, but his camp also thinks he may be the goods. Keep up the pace with him, but don't be reckless. The names will be what they are, but 4 live fights and then Wilder is about as fast as you can develop Joyce, imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X