Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder vs. Breazeale, May 18th at Barclays on Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope that between now and May 18, DAZN works on a offer/deal for Wilder that reflects ONLY the Joshua fight or Team Wilder comes up with yet another U.S. based offer to fight Joshua. Otherwise they are both wasting our time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      I bet this just enrages all the british ultranationalists who think Eddie heard is entitled to control boxing lol
      I’m not sure there’s such a thing as a British ultranationalist. Too many English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish ultras for there to be anyone supporting team GB

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
        you think you are smart enough to divert the truth and repaint it.
        SHO was no where coughing out 50mil for a twitter offer.
        They needed BT to come into the picture.
        SHO was not going to "cough out 50mil" eh? Interesting. Tell me more please.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          exactly. DAZN literally gave him everything he wanted. No long term deal, a direct DAZN deal of his own outside of Hearn, a rematch clause, they told him he can use his own promoters and have the same fight with Breazeale. this is about haymon not wanting to send his guy to another network nothing else. Meanwhile Wilder takes worst money and all the risk. It's easy to stay loyal when PBC was the ones overpaying guys for fights and saying well I am just shopping for the best deal. Now he's telling guys to take less because the networks he is aligned with are not offering the most money. Definitely a conflict of interest.
          I agree with you that it looks this way, particularly absent any press to say otherwise. I just find it hard to believe that Wilder and his team (who don't get paid if he doesn't) gave up 10M+ for loyalty and a bet on himself.

Lastly, when was this agreed upon Joshua fight going to happen?

Comment

• First off the fight fans won with Wilder vs Breazeale fight.

1. It's on Showtime Subscription so no extra cost since I have Showtime with my basic cable package. Plus the streaming app is free.

2. Wilder is still a free agent, meaning after this fight no network, promoter, manager, or fighter should be asking Wilder for a multi-fight deal. Only purse splits with a rematch clause between AJ and Fury.

3. We all know ESPN app is now hosting PPV fights and DAZN now having commercials on their platform. How long til DAZN wants to start making their money back for offering PPV along with the subscription pay.

To sum it up stop worrying about what fighters make and worry about what you as a boxing fan want. AJ isn't signed with DAZN why because he is on contract with Skysports. His US broadcasting rights are only with DAZN on fight by fight basis because of Matchroom. Other then that he is good. Fury and Whyte are on ESPN+/Top Rank for multi-fight deals.

Why as fans do we care about fighters getting multi-fight deals? They all should be free to go to what ever network that will make the fights we want happen next. If DAZN, Showtime, Fox, Skysports, ESPN, and who ever network wants to make fights with AJ, Wilder, and Fury, just make the offer only for those fights and have each fighter sign.

No extra tune up or in between fights.

Comment

• Talk that sass Deontay talk that sass brotha!!!

Comment

• Bum Squad!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TScott2254 View Post
                  First off the fight fans won with Wilder vs Breazeale fight.

1. It's on Showtime Subscription so no extra cost since I have Showtime with my basic cable package. Plus the streaming app is free.

2. Wilder is still a free agent, meaning after this fight no network, promoter, manager, or fighter should be asking Wilder for a multi-fight deal. Only purse splits with a rematch clause between AJ and Fury.

3. We all know ESPN app is now hosting PPV fights and DAZN now having commercials on their platform. How long til DAZN wants to start making their money back for offering PPV along with the subscription pay.

To sum it up stop worrying about what fighters make and worry about what you as a boxing fan want. AJ isn't signed with DAZN why because he is on contract with Skysports. His US broadcasting rights are only with DAZN on fight by fight basis because of Matchroom. Other then that he is good. Fury and Whyte are on ESPN+/Top Rank for multi-fight deals.

Why as fans do we care about fighters getting multi-fight deals? They all should be free to go to what ever network that will make the fights we want happen next. If DAZN, Showtime, Fox, Skysports, ESPN, and who ever network wants to make fights with AJ, Wilder, and Fury, just make the offer only for those fights and have each fighter sign.

No extra tune up or in between fights.
                  Ill answer that....because many of these “fans” simply want one promoter and one network to control American boxing....period. They won’t admit that but that’s behind their rhetoric forwards any American who doesn’t sign with dazn/Hearn

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    It's because of a lack of trust man. Your word is your bond. Matchroom Sport, Eddie Hearn and Anthony Joshua have all proven to be damnable liars. Therefore, Wilder can't believe or trust a word they say.
                    One face one name - never tried to unify despite being champ before Joshua or Fury.
                    Accepted to fight for 15m - then lost his pen
                    I'll fight for 60/40 - rejects 60/40 it's now 50/50
                    Im a free agent I can fight anywhere - rejects guaranteed $20m to fight Fury(over $17m the guarantee of the first fight) because it was on ESPN
                    I'll fight rematch in the UK - refused to fight in the UK
                    I'll fight Dillian Whyte if he fights Ortiz - Whyte agrees if Wilder puts it in a contract, Wilder backs out and refuses to do so and tells him in private he's going to freeze him out.

Who is Wilders lying ass to question anyone's word ffs? Further more what does it matter? He trusts Shelly Finkle who has been sued countless times by fighters what difference does it make if he trusts Hearn/Joshua or not, trust the black and white on the paperwork. If you trust anyone in Boxing you're a fool. Further more what do Hearn/Joshua have to do with Wilder rejecting DAZNs offer? Nothing. You're running out of excuses.

Just run with loyalty!!!11! 'I'm a free agent but I refuse to fight on other networks' excuse, it's way too late in the game to still be acting like team Wilder hasn't been obstructing this fight.

And on that note my favourite of them all ''he's(Joshua) begging for it now!"
                    Last edited by CharlieStewart; 03-19-2019, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                      Ill answer that....because many of these “fans” simply want one promoter and one network to control American boxing....period. They won’t admit that but that’s behind their rhetoric forwards any American who doesn’t sign with dazn/Hearn
                      If that Promoter/Network does similar match making as UFC I'll be all for it but that simply isn't true. So it's best for fight fans that fighters simply are free agents on fight by fight basis. Especially all the big name fighters so we can get the fights we want.

I don't give 2 F***S about the promoters and networks because they hinder the sport. They should be pushing the best fight the best but it's always with they have to sign a multi-fight deal first. For what and at what cost to us fans?

I don't care for apps because I already have basic cable and I watch other things as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X