Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley: Garcia Looked Foolish Against Spence, Could Be Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Garcia and his whole boxing family, saying that....

Chavez jr showed more heart in the 12th against Martinez, Spence looked tired in the 11th and 12th and Garcia was just taking the punches while not throwing back. Even on the inside, Garcia would take the shots he would just stand there with a dumb look on his face.

I knew this fight was a mismatch since it was signed but Garcia shit the bed here, it was a combination of Chavez jr vs. Canelo and Broner.

Comment

he survived doe
      moral victory doe
      Last edited by baroidi; 03-18-2019, 03:35 AM.

Comment

After that type of beating Mikey May be done. Lomo would have a ball with Mikey now. A lot was taken away from Mikey, not just his arrogance, but a piece of his heart of confidence. He’ll struggle with a low level boxer

Comment

Mikey performance shows he is after the paycheck only...

Comment

Mickey has been exposed a total mismatch.

Comment

What's crazy is Garcia had to bob and weave somewhat to get inside Spence's reach and he didn't. If his plan was to fight at distance then I don't know why he would employ that gameplan. I was expecting Mikey to at least show more urgency and give Spence something to think about since he's known for being a smart fighter. He should've watched clips of Iron Mike in his prime vs tall guys.

Comment

Garcia was never as good as he was advertised. His signature victories are Broner and Salido. What is his legacy? 4 belts in 4 weight classes? Broner has that.

Comment

Some may say Spence's height and reach were the problem, but after the success Mikey had with Robert Easter, who is taller with longer reach than Spence, it wasn't the problem.

I guess Mikey now has a built in excuse if he loses to Loma now? Honestly he will do fine with Loma. If he can stand 12 with Spence, Loma isn't knocking him out.

His ego was simply too big, and he thought no one could out-box him. Spence did. Let's not take too much away from him though, as he really is a good boxer. Keith Thurman put it best saying Mikey is going to run into a brick wall, and that wall is named Errol Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
                    What's crazy is Garcia had to bob and weave somewhat to get inside Spence's reach and he didn't. If his plan was to fight at distance then I don't know why he would employ that gameplan. I was expecting Mikey to at least show more urgency and give Spence something to think about since he's known for being a smart fighter. He should've watched clips of Iron Mike in his prime vs tall guys.
                    Mikeys footwork wasnt good enough when Spence stepped back and re-established spacing, i made a thread on this but nobody cared. Spence's footwork won him the fight IMO

Comment

Mickey Garcia was simply very slow w/ that 2 division jump in weight. Spence has a clear height & reach advantage that Mickey's suppose to neutralize w/ speed but instead he maintain a distance w/c benefited Spence. Spence has used his advantage very well & at the same time not being careless also as he respected Mickey's power. So as the rounds gone by slowly but surely Spence successfully dominated Garcia!

Mickey was not effective as a welterweight because he looked very slow & needs to go back to lightweight or the most light welterweight. The extra weight doesn't served him well, maybe he could win some welters but not against the level of Spence.

Comment

Working...
                      X