Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley: Garcia Looked Foolish Against Spence, Could Be Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
    Excuses? I basically agreed with you, Spence still would have won if they were the same height and weight. Just trying to point out why. Too detailed for you?
    No, you don't agree with me at all. You said you were "surprised" by Spence. That is the opposite of understanding these fighters and this outcome. Welcome to Earth tho, buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
      "And if he did it was one punch at a time, there was no follow-up"..

mikey always fight like this. that's why i never really saw mikey as this great fighter or a fighter that was a threat. mikey is very basic. very slow pace. does one thing at a time.
      That's part of the reason I'v always wondered why people considered Garcia to be great....Mikey fights at a very moderate pace, doesn't throw many punches, is not particularly fast on his feet or with his hands. His best attribute is his steadiness and the way he controls his opponents pace. He never fights at a hard, high pace and he has a very limited, moderate punch output, doesn't throw many combinations...I just never seen the P4P fighter that some people were claiming him to be. He is a strong fighter with good power and a real solid way of operating in the ring but he has always lacked certain abilities...particularly punch output, foot speed, explosiveness, combination punching, ability to fight at high pace. How the hell can a guy lacking all of these things expect to move up to fight guys that are much bigger and taller than himself?

Comment

• That man sure did beat that lightweight

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
          To see Mikey broken like that.. Spence actually held back significantly at times. I have never felt as badly for a fighter as a did for Mikey as much as he had that coming. He entered that arena as a man and left as a boy. Entire world capsized.
          Please stop. Spence wasn’t holding back at all he just isn’t as good as y’all want him to be. He couldn’t ko a lightweight a fawking lightweight man

Comment

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
            That's part of the reason I'v always wondered why people considered Garcia to be great....Mikey fights at a very moderate pace, doesn't throw many punches, is not particularly fast on his feet or with his hands. His best attribute is his steadiness and the way he controls his opponents pace. He never fights at a hard, high pace and he has a very limited, moderate punch output, doesn't throw many combinations...I just never seen the P4P fighter that some people were claiming him to be. He is a strong fighter with good power and a real solid way of operating in the ring but he has always lacked certain abilities...particularly punch output, foot speed, explosiveness, combination punching, ability to fight at high pace. How the hell can a guy lacking all of these things expect to move up to fight guys that are much bigger and taller than himself?
            Great post! I was thinking the same thing leading up to the fight. I've always like Mikey as a fighter but I was also aware of what he was as a fighter. He's solid at many things but dynamic at none and when attempting what he did Saturday, you have to be dynamic at something whether it's hand/foot speed, defense, IQ, or power. Mikey didn't have any of that going for him and never has.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Ivan "The Beast" Baranchyk vs. Mikey Garcia for the IBF Jr. WW Title! Make It Happen! Then we'll see if Mikey is done! MAN UP!
              Baranchyk still has to get through Taylor.

Comment

• I don't think Mikey is done, he could still have a lot of success at 140 pounds but I agree with Bradley that he did look foolish out there. Especially with that stupid fist pumping he was doing after every round. wtf was that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  Please stop. Spence wasn’t holding back at all he just isn’t as good as y’all want him to be. He couldn’t ko a lightweight a fawking lightweight man
                  Like you would know, right? It wasn't OBVIOUS that Spence was was fighting with zero intensity and could have at any point jumped on Garcia who was barely defending himself at times.

Sure.. I'll take your word for it. You're clearly an astute observer.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Baranchyk still has to get through Taylor.
                    Ivan isn't winning that fight in Scotland. I think he realizes that which is why he is trying to break the contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                      Like you would know, right? It wasn't OBVIOUS that Spence was was fighting with zero intensity and could have at any point jumped on Garcia who was barely defending himself at times.

Sure.. I'll take your word for it. You're clearly an astute observer.
                      Spence has no power again he couldn’t even knock out a lightweight but we are supposed to believe you because you said he was letting him off. Spence just isn’t as great as you ***** want him or hype him to be. He should have gone out there and killed Mikey that’s what he was supposed to do. Do you honestly think he wanted it to go 12 rounds? What does that say if him? It made him look like a joke

Comment

Working...
                      X