No announcement yet.

Spence is a Better Boxer than Garcia.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Moving from 140 to 147 isn't that great of a jump.
    When you are a 140 pounder...

But when 140 is your 4th division and your already maxed out there, then 140 to 147 is a helluva jump...

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      Size help you to outbox fighters.

Rigo didn't land a glove on Loma and I believe he's as good as a master boxer as Loma.

Garcia has no business at 147 he doesn't have the speed of Floyd or PAC to make it competitive Vs elite.

Those natural 147 dudes are ripped supermiddleweight on fight night.
      Great points! A fighter has to use his physical tools no doubt.

He used his reach, but he also fought him better inside. He out thought him. He was just honestly a better boxer, despite you being spot on.
      Last edited by travestyny; 03-17-2019, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        NOBODY Predicted that Spence Jr would Out-Box Garcia which to me makes his performance far more impressive despite fighting a smaller guy. Especially compared to just walking him down and knocking him out and people say "Well That Is What He Was Suppose To Do"

"If It Goes To The Cards Mikey Wins" "Mikey Is The Better Boxer" "Spence Just Have Size And Power Advantage Only" "Mikey Can Out-Box Spence Jr" "Mikey Will Expose Spence Jr" "Spence Jr Defense Is Terrible" "Spence Jr Doesn't Move His Head"

I can admit I bought into some of these Pre Fight Hype Nonsense and Spence Jr shocked me with his OVERALL Boxing Skills and ESPECIALLY his Defense as well and I'm a Big Fan of his and Mikey but no I did not expect him to put on a Boxing Clinic like that vs Mikey and neither did Mikey and his family. They thought he was Slower and more Flatfooted and did not expect him to have Defense like that and it showed during the fight.
        Great post!

Comment

Spence is an underated boxer. He used his jabs and reach advantage over MG

Comment

He looked great last night. You do have to take in to account the size difference and really I thought even 140 seemed too high for Mikey, but still great performance from Spence.

If they were the same size he might still do the same. I’m a fan of both guys and Mikey will still be a top guy at lightweight should he go back down.

Comment

Size and reach isn't always an advantage if you don't know how to box. Mikey was able to get inside Spence's reach... What was able to keep him from attacking was the jab in his face. When Mikey was countering the jab in the beginning Spence had an answer for that too. Then Spence went to the body attack when Mikey was in close. Spence disrupted Mikey's rhythm so he could never get set. Spence thoroughly outboxed Mikey. Let's see if 147 was too much for Mikey if he decides to stay at that weight. My guess is he won't. But if he did, he just may be able to hang with someone not as skilled as Spence.

Comment

Right, Mikey adapted well and he could go in whenever he really wanted to. But Spence broke him down by keeping his timing so varied. I mean Spence put on a Floyd Mayweather esque masterclass boxing performance. So, now I know Spence can actually dish out a beating while giving his opponent nothing in return. Very good boxing performance imo. I was shocked with his defense. You can argue Mikey was slow but he wasn't at all. He's a fighter the solely relies on timing your shots. And when Spence kept mixing it up, he started to condition Mikey and do whatever he wanted.

Comment

But when 140 is your 4th division and your already maxed out there, then 140 to 147 is a helluva jump...
                  If you've grown into 140 lbs then 140 lbs is your division now. It dosen't matter what happened 10 years ago. People grow out of their division. Mikey can't make 126 or 130 lbs anymore. He's a 135-140 lber now.

Comment

How many punches Errol would land on a top 168 pounders if he moves up?

Let's say benavidez stay at 168 and Errol move 21 pounds north to his first weight class like Mikey did in some years and fight benavidez?

Benavidez would batters Spence, Spence would be afraid to throw, that's what happened to Mikey dude was in survival mode, had he boxed he would have gotten ktfo
                    Spence moving up to 168 is not even remotely comparable to Mikey moving up 7lbs from 140. Fair comparison would be Errol moving up to 154 and fight huge super WWs like Hurd or Munguia.

Comment

4 of his last 6 fights have been 140 or above.

Comment

Working...
                      X