Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oscar De La Hoya Tries to Recruit Errol Spence on Twitter and Then.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar De La Hoya Tries to Recruit Errol Spence on Twitter and Then.......

Damn............

But I don't think that is true. When GBP were running the show with now Haymon fighters, they treated Black fighters well. This stigma gets thrown around that Haymon doesn't treat Latino fighter well or GBP doesn't treat Black fighters well but don't think either is true. Spence obviously has no incentive to sign with GBP, but dude probably didn't need to respond this way.

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Damn............

But I don't think that is true. When GBP were running the show with now Haymon fighters, they treated Black fighters well. This stigma gets thrown around that Haymon doesn't treat Latino fighter well or GBP doesn't treat Black fighters well but don't think either is true. Spence obviously has no incentive to sign with GBP, but dude probably didn't need to respond this way.
    He doesn’t need to “sign” with GBP. Oscar just wants to promote GBp vs Mandown Promotions on DAZN. Spence is afraid of Munguia or Canelo. He doesn’t want to invite himself to those dangers. Only black guys like SRL or Hearns dared to be great and not milk out Welterweight.

Comment

Damn............

That's back when Richard Shaefer was running things he's the reason he was able to get those Haymon fighters to Goldenboy once he left the mass exodus followed to where GoldenBoy still hasn't fully recovered

Comment

Originally posted by ELHITMAN606 View Post
        That's back when Richard Shaefer was running things he's the reason he was able to get those Haymon fighters to Goldenboy once he left the mass exodus followed to where GoldenBoy still hasn't fully recovered
        I'm fully aware of what happened....But where does this stuff about GBP not treating black fighters come from? They treated them just fine when they had the now PBC fighters and yes, Schaefer was running the show but it was still GBP.

Gomez/Diaz always show Spence love and so does DLH. Spence was wrong for this comment IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
          He doesn’t need to “sign” with GBP. Oscar just wants to promote GBp vs Mandown Promotions on DAZN. Spence is afraid of Munguia or Canelo. He doesn’t want to invite himself to those dangers. Only black guys like SRL or Hearns dared to be great and not milk out Welterweight.
          Did you watch Munguia last fight?

Comment

I'm fully aware of what happened....But where does this stuff about GBP not treating black fighters come from? They treated them just fine when they had the now PBC fighters and yes, Schaefer was running the show but it was still GBP.

Gomez/Diaz always show Spence love and so does DLH. Spence was wrong for this comment IMO.
            Maybe they didn't show him no love when he was with their company would be my guess

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              Did you watch Munguia last fight?
              Munguia is basically a giant Brandon Rios once he's forced to move up he's going to get beat badly

Comment

Oscar trying to tamper with Spence's contract while crying about Ryan No Chin Garcia's being wooed by Floyd.

Comment

Damn............

Where theirs smoke theirs fire
                  Probably some bullchit misunderstanding social media
                  Spence is a humble dude from what I can see , something might come out , probably more personal than with Gbp
                  I think his statement is misinterpreted imo

Comment

Originally posted by ELHITMAN606 View Post
                    Maybe they didn't show him no love when he was with their company would be my guess
                    He was barely there for a minute and was still a prospect lol.

Now, if you want to mention the racist e-mails that hack reporter sent out to a GBP rep? Fair as the GBP rep didn't call him out on it and let it be, but I just don't recall black fighters getting treated bad at GBP. Any examples? They don't have many top black fighters and that is true, but that's also just how the game works. A lot of the black fighters sign with Haymon, a lot of Russians/Eastern Europeans sign with TR and a lot of Latinos sign with GBP.

Comment

Working...
                    X