Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence vs. Mikey Garcia - LIVE BoxingScene Scorecard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominating performance from the opening bell. Not sure why some were even making a case for Mikey winning the 2nd round when he he had a moment or two but Spence was clearly out landing him and landing the cleaner shots. I thought the fight would be competitive for six rounds but Spence's jab was amazing and he fought a very smart disciplined fight. Defensively he showed if he wants to fight this style, he can. He switched it up like GGG did against Lemieux, only difference is Mikey is much more durable than Lemieux.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thaman2x View Post
      So wait hold up....you didn't even watch the fight and you're all up here on the forums talking this and that??

We all know how exceptional GREAT Mexican fighters are at taking punishment. Mikey Garcia is no exception. Hell, has Mikey ever even been knocked down???

People talked **** about Ward....saying Ward would never challenge Kovalev...yet he dared to be great and put Kovalev on the back burner.

Fact of the matter is, MIKEYS CORNER WANTES TO STOP THE FIGHT. He was taking toooooo much punishment. Ever heard of having too much Heart????
      Oh f.uck you p.ussy...I don't need to watch it yet to know that Spence couldn't drop him or stop him.

Like I said I like Spence a lot, I had him number 2 pfp but if he can't stop or KD a small guy who he is better than in EVERY WAY, then that is not a great look for him. If GGG went 12 with Brook y'all would kill him for that.

And what the fu/ck are you mentioning Andre Ward for lol? People can disagree about the legitimacy of the 2nd Ward Kov fight but the first one Ward clearly lost anyway so I don't even know what your dum.bass point was there buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        Don't get mad. Mikey Garcia asked for this asswhooping instead of fighting Lomachenko at 135. He picked his poison. What a cherrypick gone left? He just got completely owned, outclassed and dominated by a lesser scientific, skilled and fundamentally sound fighter. You might as well accept the fact the Errol Spence, Jr. is the best pound 4 pound fighter in the world

yeah thats it, im mad cause spence won tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bestlefty View Post
          Where does Mikey go from here. Some fighters dont take their first L very well. Interesting to see how his career goes from here. Might define his legacy.
          I think the fact he was not ko’d and finished the fight ( it was a moral win for him at least )
          He will be ok
          I imagine he goes back down and mentally stronger , they knew this was a giant step

The fact he wasn’t ko’d was huge

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            Dominating performance from the opening bell. Not sure why some were even making a case for Mikey winning the 2nd round when he he had a moment or two but Spence was clearly out landing him and landing the cleaner shots. I thought the fight would be competitive for six rounds but Spence's jab was amazing and he fought a very smart disciplined fight. Defensively he showed if he wants to fight this style, he can. He switched it up like GGG did against Lemieux, only difference is Mikey is much more durable than Lemieux.
            Now you know what it's like when GGG has a 'close round' and people always try and give those to his opponent lol. And bro - how in the hell is a smaller Mikey more durable than a natural MW/SMW in Lemieux. Come on. I love Spence but this was a disappointing result if he couldn't get Mikey out of there.

Comment

• Originally posted by james240 View Post
              Garcia hasnt been hit by a middleweight till tonight he wont have the punch resistance of fighters who have been 140+ their whole career.
              Great. Michael Spinks should have not fought Holmes.
              Holyfield should have not turned heavyweight.
              Carmen Basilio should have not fought Sugar Ray.
              Sugar Ray should have not fought Jake at 160.
              Gene Tunney should have not fought Jack Dempsey.

Comment

• Btw, I think Spence pitched a shutout. One round was a 10-8 round according to one judge.
                I thought it was really close to being 10-8.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                  Now you know what it's like when GGG has a 'close round' and people always try and give those to his opponent lol. And bro - how in the hell is a smaller Mikey more durable than a natural MW/SMW in Lemieux. Come on. I love Spence but this was a disappointing result if he couldn't get Mikey out of there.
                  Um, because he just is? Lemieux doesn't have a great chin, would get stopped by pretty much all the top MWs.

He couldn't get Mikey out of there but that was mainly due to Mikey not opening up and just fighting a defensive fight. Mikey is skilled and experienced enough to survive if he wants to survive. I mean props for the shots he took, but it would have been a whole a lot worse if he opened up.

Comment

• Originally posted by dobromir View Post
                    A lot of punches from Spence were blocked by Mikey.

Spence is not and will not be Floyd, period!
                    I saw that, too, and also a lot of glancing blows. Spence simply outworked Mikey.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
                      every single fighter calls out somebody at one point. doesn't mean the fights actually get made. Even if garcias was 10X more skilled it wouldn't have mattered. The size difference in this fight was massive. Spence took this fight real quick.
                      Pacquiao v Margarito destroys your argument here. Sorry, not sorry.

Comment

Working...
                      X