Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Here's Why Spence-Garcia Should Air On FOX, Not FOX PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screw this writer, everything going well for the winner to fight pacquiao. Like him or not Al Haymon knows exactly what he's doing. 🥊

Comment

Spence vs Garcia is well deserving of being on pay per view.

Crawford vs Khan? Now that should be on regular ESPN. It's not a PPV worthy fight.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
        Ideally it would have been on Regular Fox to expose it to as many people as possible , But that’s not a possibility if the reported 15-20mil combined purses are correct. This deal is still at its infancy, why risk having a viewership # in the ballpark of what Thurman /Lopez did , Thatd he horrible optics. The big
        Fights on Fox will happen in the future.

You cant expect Haymon to commit 30-40% of his yearly budget on this one fight. When there are like another 6-8 more dates.

The strategy at Fox appears highlight their best fighters to the widest audience and down the road have them in big fights like they did with POrter /Thurman , Thurman /Garcia on CBS and have those generate good ratings , no point
        Busting a nut in the first 4-6 months having the best fights then have decreasing viewership #s the rest of the contract.

Suprised they expect Garcia/Spence to do 300-350k buys . If it does 350 I’d be shocked , wouldn’t that be around the same if not higher then what Wilder / Fury and PAC /Broner did. I don’t think this fights gets near those #s. I was thinking 150-225k , hope I’m wrong though and it does good #s.

Whatever I’m a sucker and they already got my $ . so I just hope that it’s good competitive fight.
        This is a d*mn good post. I usually disagree with you lol The only point I'll add is this one might got north of 400k. Otherwise much respect on this overview.

Comment

FUK al gaymon for making this a ppv when it isn't in terms of match ups or even name recognition. neither guy is ppv draw right now and it will most likely backfire in terms of buys. the plan is obvious pbc will continue putting on mismatches on free tv where they will go all out and promote upcoming ppv fights. no wonder boxing is niche sport!!!

Comment

I agree with the article. The only counter argument is that ppv fights do get a lot of promotion and attention that normal fights don't.

Still FOX would have been ecstatic getting over 4 million viewers for this bout.

Comment

It would do huge numbers on regular FOX. But this fight is a mismatch anyway so whatever.

Comment

Call me foolish, but I think this fight is gonna shock a lot of industry insiders with the number of ppv buys. With all the promotion it's gotten, I think its gonna exceed 1 million buys. Hell if it exceeds 300k buys, Spence and Garcia stand to make way more money than they would have if the fight was aired on regular fox. I'm all for these guys making as much money as possible and this fight is definitely worthy of ppv. The only knock I have against this being on ppv is the undecard. I think people would be more apt to shellout 75 bucks if the undercard was stacked like the 80's and early 90's Don King ppv cards.
                After tomorrow don't expect to ever see the winner fight on regular tv unless that person takes a loss.
                I haven't been this excited about a fight in a long long time. I'm picking Spence, but if Garcia can take the pain, this is gonna be a very competitive fight and well worth the money

Comment

Fox have done a great job promoting this fight. I hope they just promoting all of their events on Fox like this.

Comment

Smh at this article. I know it's $75.00 but it's a great fight. If you're a boxing fan you'd stay quiet or support this fight. I hope they make bank. I hope they do well in PPV sales. Why? Because I'm a boxing fan and I want to see the sport succeed. These are two pound for pound fighters fighting each other. They're undefeated and putting it all on the line. Not every one is doing that. Why not support them?

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
                      Smh at this article. I know it's $75.00 but it's a great fight. If you're a boxing fan you'd stay quiet or support this fight. I hope they make bank. I hope they do well in PPV sales. Why? Because I'm a boxing fan and I want to see the sport succeed. These are two pound for pound fighters fighting each other. They're undefeated and putting it all on the line. Not every one is doing that. Why not support them?
                      how is it a great fight? it won't even be a fight it'll be a slaughter. how is a physical mismatch good for the sport of boxing? 75 bucks for this not to mention the ****tty undercard. you can go ahead and be a sucker but you have no right to tell others to shut up about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X