Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Spence and Mikey Garcia have the "it" factor to....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Spence and Mikey Garcia have the "it" factor to....

Does Spence and Mikey Garcia have the "it" factor to become a mega superstar like Floyd, Pacquiao, De la Hoya? What do you think?

I dont see the real charisma in either guy they just both likeable people and when you have that type personality you gotta be entertaining in teh ring and lucky for them they both are but even that can only carry you so far. I think both of these guys can let their personality loose alot more it will only help their star power.

Comment

Originally posted by warrenchico View Post
      Does Spence and Mikey Garcia have the "it" factor to become a mega superstar like Floyd, Pacquiao, De la Hoya? What do you think?
      Possibly, they need a great rivalry and top level comp then big hate or big love and keep on winning, then its possible, but cant say with these guys as nobody has broke out into mainstream.

But having said that, this fight is a hell of good start if Mikey won it big, Errol also needs to just steamroll him, if its a chess match the average fan wont see the elite thats in front of them.

Comment

I think Spence really has the it factor. His laid back, nonchalant way allows him to be personable. Combined with his violent temperament in the ring and finishing rate makes him highlight reel stuff. He’s also from Texas and a former Olympian. I think he’s ready to blow up in the mainstream

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
          I dont see the real charisma in either guy they just both likeable people and when you have that type personality you gotta be entertaining in teh ring and lucky for them they both are but even that can only carry you so far. I think both of these guys can let their personality loose alot more it will only help their star power.
          Yes that is true, both guys are likeable.

I don't think they need to be a superstar, fame is overrated. A man's actions speak louder than their money to real people.

Comment

I don't think so. Neither has the personality to make it to that level alone and neither of them has a superstar rival, which helps and really makes them much bigger.

Manny and Floyd were both real stars that transcended boxing and that was enhanced even more because they had each other and were both the best around. Floyd had De La Hoya for a huge fight to get him appealing to the masses.

There isn't anybody around like that anymore. Something like Spence v Crawford could be the best fight around but probably wouldn't even do 500k buys.

So i don't think really just depends on the fighter. I think to create true megastars you have to have some mass appeal as a person, or the stars have to align and you and another big name fighter can have a rivalry that captures the public imagination.

Comment

Spence, maybe. Garcia? No.

Comment

If Mikey wins impressively he'll be on his way to becoming the new Pacquiao. Spence on the other hand will still be Spence if he wins.

Comment

They have the It factor as much as Mike McCallum, Terry Norris, Donald Curry, Simon Brown, Juan Marquez, Pipino Cuevas, Micheal Nunn. None at all.
                  Great fighters but NO IT factor. The masses have no idea who these people are.

Comment

I think Spence is the star of the future not Mikey. I think Spence will beat Mikey up and knock Mikey out quickly and all the Mikey dares to be great stuff will be history. Mikey is 31 Spence might hurt his confidence and take some fight out of him if Spence hurts him like I think he will.

Comment

Working...
                    X