Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets rate Deontay Wilder's boxing skills.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
    Punching is a skill. When a man knocks you out, it means his skills are superior to yours. Only Fury can rightfully claim to be on Deontay's level. Until proven otherwise, Deontay is in the top 2 of his class. He is among the highest skilled heavyweights in boxing today.
    How can Fury be on his level when he doesn't have many KOs? Fury's not that skilful... by your criteria.

Why do people have to prove to be on Deontay's lofty level? Why doesn't Deontay have to prove to be on AJ's?

Comment

Technically speaking, he's makes every mistake a boxer can make. He's the worst.

Comment

Should be a good fight!

Comment

I have to say B, and I'm not a fan of his. BUT, hes knocked out almost all of his opponents hes faced.

Comment

Wilder is a 6’7” cord of fast-twitch muscle fiber. The guy is a specimen. He might be the most purely athletic heavyweight champion of all time. Tyson and Holyfield are runner ups. I rated Deontay’s skills as a “D”, but they range from “C” to “F”. Doesn’t seem to matter much, does it? His power is in the conversation for hardest puncher ever, and his reflexes are stunning. And let’s not forget his chin and heart. What Wilder lacks in other departments he more than makes up for. 40 KOs didn’t happen by accident.

Comment

I voted A but I was trolling.

Shocked to see 6 other people voting A. And I like Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
                I have to say B, and I'm not a fan of his. BUT, hes knocked out almost all of his opponents hes faced.
                Same. B or B-

He can box when he wants to, we will see it in just a couple days

Comment

Those 7 who voted A need a serious braincheck and neutering if they were not trolling. If you're reading this, don't ever have children (or stop if u have) and go take an IQ test asap.

Comment

We gotta keep it real. Wilder’s skills are trash. His opponents just can’t get away from that right hand.

Comment

Natural talent/aptitude, natural athleticism, skill and boxing fundamentals are 4 different things. When it comes to deontay, its a mixed bag. His fundamentals and especially his balance and movements themselves, the quality, are poor. Jab is good, nothing amazing. Actual form of the punches, especially in combination? Bar the right when it is straight, horrible. Skill itself? Not bad. Thing is it is limited. And all that skill always leads to the same right hand over and over and an occasional hook. In training he does nice combinations. In the fights? Never. And if he does, they are wild and hugely telegraphed (fury fight). Its a limited skillset, but what there is is not weak. He is skilled enough to work with what he has and find ways to setup and trap opponents despite his flaws in fundamentals and basics. And because of his speed power and reflexes, and intangibles like warrior heart, balls, persistence, confidence,and inner fire, he ends up getting the ko.

In short, it's not all about how bad his form and fundamentals are. There really is no one like him, and thats not necessarily a complement, neither an insult. A fact.

Question is, he needs to win against the opponents that matter (a) more decisively and (b) more often! 2 good fighters in 43 or so fights is truly atrocious
                      Last edited by JSN006; 11-20-2019, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X