• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Interesting
    FF6-A6-C99-AF86-45-BA-B9-AC-84-D13150252-B
    FCEB070-C-C751-48-D6-A7-E2-260-D0-D8-D90-E7

I think people are starting to realize that Mayweather was just the superior man. That ATG p4p list also highlights how dominant America is in the sport of boxing.
    What’s your opinion?

How is this person defining prime?

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      How is this person defining prime?
      I don’t know but the word prime is subjective in boxing. There is nothing written in stone about how someone defines person’s prime. If you’re a Canelo fan you’d probably say he wasn’t in his prime against FM if you’re a Floyd fan you’d probably say the opposite. That’s just how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
        I don’t know but the word prime is subjective in boxing. There is nothing written in stone about how someone defines person’s prime. If you’re a Canelo fan you’d probably say he wasn’t in his prime against FM if you’re a Floyd fan you’d probably say the opposite. That’s just how it works.
        I would say Barrera was definitely in his prime when Pacquiao beat him. Not sure why he isn't on there. He was the #1 FW in the world and top 10 P4P.

Comment

I would say Barrera was definitely in his prime when Pacquiao beat him. Not sure why he isn't on there. He was the #1 FW in the world and top 10 P4P.
          It may have something to do with Barrera being a 14 yr veteran when they fought. I think it’s fair to include him under the prime list though.

Comment

The boxing media are bunch of **** ass hypocrites when it comes to defining prime. One minute it's number of fights, the next it's age, then the next it's "damage" accumulated over the years. HBO shills were claiming 97G was washed the first time he fought someone who wasn't a walking heavy bag.

Comment

Impressive.

Comment

Pac critics always say barrera was past prime, just because he's been in a few tough fights? But sensible people realise barrera was battle proven and tested. Being in tough fights don't make you past prime, although may shorten career.
                He was on a 7 fight unbeaten run. You could criticise pacs wins if Pac s opponents coming off of a loss. But not in unbeaten runs. Barrera was prime. Nelo certainly weren't prime for same reason. He was largely untested and not been in any wars.
                Awful thread
                Last edited by hugh grant; 03-12-2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Pac critics always say barrera was past prime, just because he's been in a few tough fights? But sensible people realise barrera was battle proven and tested. Being in tough fights don't make you past prime, although may shorten career.
                  He was on a 7 fight unbeaten run. You could criticise pacs wins if Pac s opponents coming off of a loss. But not in unbeaten runs. Barrera was prime. Nelo certainly weren't prime for same reason. He was largely untested and not been in any wars.
                  Awful thread
                  How exactly is this an awful thread. Can you read? Who said Barrera was past his prime? If people do say that it probably because Barrera had been fighting for 15years when he fought Pac
                  Canelo was definitely in his prime he had nearly 50 fights several against former champions, and fight against hall of famer. He also was the champion so if he didn’t want to fight Floyd he should of vacated the belt. He had defended the wbc belt 7 times before he fough Floyd. No one judges prime on how many “wars” you been in LMAO. In fact many boxers would prefer to avoid “wars”. AWFUL post.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                    How exactly is this an awful thread. Can you read? Who said Barrera was past his prime? If people do say that it probably because Barrera had been fighting for 15years when he fought Pac
                    Canelo was definitely in his prime he had nearly 50 fights several against former champions, and fight against hall of famer. He also was the champion so if he didn’t want to fight Floyd he should of vacated the belt. He had defended the wbc belt 7 times before he fough Floyd. No one judges prime on how many “wars” you been in LMAO. In fact many boxers would prefer to avoid “wars”. AWFUL post.

When you've had tough competitive fights against the best, you learn you gain experience. Barrera was prime.
                    Nel o was green behind ears, he fought bums mostly so learnt nothing in all those fights, and was drained

Comment

Working...
                    X