Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Mayweather as good as people make him out to be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His skills were as good as article says but his resume, didn't fight best versions of people and you can use hindsight to view floyd and his best wins, and he's not the TBE.
    One of best of era
    Last edited by hugh grant; 03-10-2019, 04:34 AM.

Comment

floyd is only good in cherry picking opponent and every fight he was aided by the refree and judges.

Comment

Yes he was as good as people make him out to be, ive had a serious dislike for the man for years, i think his style is really boring and he has the worst and most unlikable attitude ive ever seen from a Boxer. But the man is a very special talent i cant deny it and as much as i watched his fights in the hope he would get knocked the **** out its damn hard to ignore or not respect the talent the man has.

As for his resume he fought all the right names just not at the right times. So at the time he gets a bit of stick but the casuals are fooled and after a length of time the names remain on his resume but the conditions of the fighters at the time will be forgotten. He cherrypicked good fighters at a time that suited him, and he was even happy to admit it saying it was the smart thing to do, good business moves but not exactly brave or testing.

Which was a shame cuz the cherrypicking, the cheating and the the PED use wasnt even necessary as i feel he was good enough to do it all without it just meant he had to work a bit harder and maybe get tested a bit harder.

Comment

Good but not TBE choose fights carefully , I doubt he wins against Prime Mosley and Delahoya both were shells of themselves when they fought Mayweather. Delahoya barley lost from their lackluster fight. Waited till Pacquaio was knock out to fight accused him of steroids while he was using them. Got two gift wins Castillo and Madaina fights. Should have been disqualified in the Judha fight when Uncle Roger entered the ring to put a rear choke hold on Zab. Boxing rules state if your corner man enters the ring you're disqualified

Comment

Mayweather is as good people made him out to be.

Mayweather fought Marquez and Pacquiao (2 completely different styles) (who went life and death with each other for 4 fights) and made it look easy against them both.

Mayweather schooled a very good Canelo when he was already declining. People pretend like Canelo was an amateur when they fought. Although Canelo has improved, he's just not light years ahead of what he was when they fought.

Mayweather is so good even the people that like him have to create a different standard for him to meet... A standard completely different than any other boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
              Yes he was as good as people make him out to be, ive had a serious dislike for the man for years, i think his style is really boring and he has the worst and most unlikable attitude ive ever seen from a Boxer. But the man is a very special talent i cant deny it and as much as i watched his fights in the hope he would get knocked the **** out its damn hard to ignore or not respect the talent the man has.

As for his resume he fought all the right names just not at the right times. So at the time he gets a bit of stick but the casuals are fooled and after a length of time the names remain on his resume but the conditions of the fighters at the time will be forgotten. He cherrypicked good fighters at a time that suited him, and he was even happy to admit it saying it was the smart thing to do, good business moves but not exactly brave or testing.

Which was a shame cuz the cherrypicking, the cheating and the the PED use wasnt even necessary as i feel he was good enough to do it all without it just meant he had to work a bit harder and maybe get tested a bit harder.

Feel exactly the same, cannot stand the man. Never listen to anything he has to say, if he is on I switch off! Was going to write a huge list of everything that's wrong with him but he's not worth the effort. HOWEVER, he WAS and still IS that good, despite the handpicking of opponents and everything else. Could still beat a lot of todays fighters even now. ATG definately, TBE never.

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
                Mayweather is as good people made him out to be.

Mayweather fought Marquez and Pacquiao (2 completely different styles) (who went life and death with each other for 4 fights) and made it look easy against them both.

Mayweather schooled a very good Canelo when he was already declining. People pretend like Canelo was an amateur when they fought. Although Canelo has improved, he's just not light years ahead of what he was when they fought.

Mayweather is so good even the people that like him have to create a different standard for him to meet... A standard completely different than any other boxer.
                The whole post is just wrong.
                But the last bit is I only can be bothered to address.
                The standards for Floyd were lower. He only has to win titles in 5 divisions and he was past it at 36. He could fight bums from that age onwards. His fans didn't expect Floyd to fight thurman or spence and people were reluctant to ask him to in fear of being called haters.
                So what is the imaginary standard?
                Last edited by hugh grant; 03-11-2019, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  The whole post is just wrong.
                  But the last bit is I only can be bothered to address.
                  The standards for Floyd were lower. He only has to win titles in 5 divisions and he was past it at 36. He could fight bums from that age onwards. His fans didn't expect Floyd to fight thurman or spence and people were reluctant to ask him to in fear of being called haters.
                  So what is the imaginary standard?
                  Of course YOU would take exception to this post.

How in the heck were the standards lower for Mayweather?
                  If Mayweather lost 2 or 3 rounds people like yourself cried robbery because he won.

Not too many people were calling him for him to fight Thurman and no one knew Spence was that good when Mayweather was still active. Besides Spence and Thurman are PBC fighters so a majority of fans already have a bias against them and didn't care if they fought.

On the other hand some people did want him to face Golovkin because they saw that as a fight he would certainly lose.

If Mayweather won a fight; he only won because he cherry picked is opponent... He waited for them to get old... They were too young or weight drained... Mayweather had all the advantage because his opponent couldn't wear the gloves they wanted... He really lost the fight. Stop me if you've heard any of these before.

Comment

ATG for sure, there are several from each decade. So obviously one of the best of the two decades.

Obviously his TBE attitude is nonsense, he must be crazy to think he is that when he cant claim that during his own career time. They guy will never stop being neither an ATG nor an all time ****head.

Comment

Mayweather certainly ruined the sport for a bunch of insecure people....that's why you see *******s/golovtards/aj fanboys out here crying all of the time and making excuses....and hating on anything an al haymon fighter does

Comment

Working...
                      X