Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Mayweather as good as people make him out to be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
    Maidana was a cherry pick ?
    I’m not a Mayweather fan , but Chino gave him a helluva fight ( single not plural imo 2nd fight was bahhhh )
    I saw Mayweather live and I’ve never seen a faster fighter mind you this was against Gatti
    Floyd was very good at everything , that’s the difference between him and many fighters
    Of course like many , would of liked to have seen against Pac without the marination and a few others which he skipped or ducked wtv not the point
    Maidana was a Cherry pick. He got schooled by Devon. Khan won the Poll to fight Mayweather. When Floyd chose maidana b/c he was a brawler. Everybody thought Maidana had no chance.

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
    Considering fantasy fights are the only ones he ever loses, I'd say yes. Y'all serious with that Amir Khan ****? Really? Some real comedians on boxing scene
    You don't think Khan's Jab/Speed would give him trouble. This wasn't Roach Khan it was Virgil Khan. I think floyd would have beat him but the point is Floyd doesn't like looking bad. So he fought punchers over boxers b/c he knew boxers would make him look mortal.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaDog View Post
      Maidana was a Cherry pick. He got schooled by Devon. Khan won the Poll to fight Mayweather. When Floyd chose maidana b/c he was a brawler. Everybody thought Maidana had no chance.

You don't think Khan's Jab/Speed would give him trouble. This wasn't Roach Khan it was Virgil Khan. I think floyd would have beat him but the point is Floyd doesn't like looking bad. So he fought punchers over boxers b/c he knew boxers would make him look mortal.
      Like I said before not his biggest fan but an incredible boxer
      That’s what pissed me off most is , I believe he has a chance against anybody , but did not take some fights whether boxer or puncher
      All he cared about was protecting that O imo

Comment

Hell naw. Floyd would have stopped him. Easy work. It took Canelo half to figure Khan out. He's got speed and that's it. Crawford is going to manhandle him and put the myth of Khan to bed.

Comment

And no , I believe Khan would get schooled
          Might of given him fits for the one or two rounds but the Floyd would time Khan and catch him every time he’d come in

Comment

I've heard it all now. Mayweather ducked khan. The same khan maidana almost killed in the 7th round. The same khan prescott sent to the fifth dimension in the second round. The same khan danny garcia sent into the afterlife and back. The same khan canelo almost got attested for manslaughter.

Yea mayweather ducked that khan.

Comment

...BETTER than people on this forum want to give him credit for because of their Personal Feelings towards him.

People still talk about and still make threads about him more than any other fighter on this forum. Even more funny is that the people who make the most threads about him are the people who claim to HATE HIM

Comment

Definitely.........

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                  I've heard it all now. Mayweather ducked khan. The same khan maidana almost killed in the 7th round. The same khan prescott sent to the fifth dimension in the second round. The same khan danny garcia sent into the afterlife and back. The same khan canelo almost got attested for manslaughter.

Yea mayweather ducked that khan.
                  At least Khan has been to the fifth dimension doe

Comment

How can Floyd and his Followers claim him to be TBE when he only fights one style of opponents such as punchers and not boxers?

Boxers should always make punchers look silly and Floyd did. But he avoided punchers . Floyd only fought 2 boxers, being Judah and Canelo. Judah was giving him a hard time but wasn't a 12 round fighter. Floyd could also have easily fought boxers such as Casamayor, Freitis, Spadafora, Alexander, Bradley, Lara/Martinez(They said they would come down), Khan(He even won the poll but floyd cherry picked Maidana instead.)

Was he not good enough? We all know Floyd does not know how to block a jab. Shot DLH was giving him trouble with it. Cotto hit him all night with it, even Maidana's ugly jab was hitting him. Rumors also surface that boxer Spadafora beat Floyd bad in sparring. Floyd had trouble with boxers, he knew it and he ducked him his whole career. So how can the man be considered TBE?
                    Trolls get ignored.

Comment

He is highly skilled, no doubt. Think about this...He had so many fights, was viewed a lot, yet no one is able to figure him out like some tough puzzle.

Comment

Working...
                      X